The community atmosphere is insufferable, and it needs to change

hudson1520hudson1520 Member
edited November 2018 in Off-Topic Discussion
I'm bracing for the negative feedback already..

I'll cut to the point, and remain honest. Many of the recent changes have irked the community sparking an uptick in angry and disgruntled players. If you are unhappy with the game and don't like playing it, quit. Simple as that. 75% of comments and posts on this forum are from people filled with pure hatred for the game, its changes, and its devs. If you claim the only reason you play is "because my guild is nice and fun!" , more power to you, but don't fill the community with your angry comments. I know a fair chunk of players who aren't happy with the changes, but don't whine about it because they either have faith in the devs and know this incessant whining isn't getting us anywhere

Sometimes I see people claim they are just being tough and love the game, which I get. Though, I can say for a fact these people aren't being tough yet loving, they are just being rude. I understand that you might just be a tough-love type of person, but you could at least make that clear instead of only claiming to be tough loving only after someone calls you out on your behavior.

If you want the devs to actually listen, you have to understand complaining is an ineffective tactic to get the devs attention. If an event rolls out that grinds your gears, get it out of your system, and then collect your thoughts and create an actual argument or a feasible idea that the devs could implement. Lets take the Guild Grand Tourney event for example. After many runs of this event we had formed our largely negative opinion on it, and proposed that the buffs and nerfs be posted before the event, so players could anticipate the changes by moving runes around on their heroes. The devs listened, and our idea went from an idea, to reality. When we look at the Stormcrow invasion event, all people did was complain that the Malice exploit was patched, instead of proposing an actual idea to make the event better. Since I'm already here, we have been blessed with the ability to communicate directly to the devs through summit meetings. Here too at the summits, you should remain calm and not pull away from the topics being discussed. Nothing is more irritating to me than seeing a summit wasted because people were upset with a change, and complained the whole way through instead of asking for the devs rationale or reasoning.

Before I part, I'll repeat it again. If you find yourself unhappy with the game and get absolutely no joy from it, quit. If you feel the changes the devs have made recently are blasphemous but you think they can rebound, stay, and feel free to complain (though, not too much). Say all you want, but this negative energy is doing nothing for the game, OR the community. Not only is it off putting to new players, its off putting to the devs as well. And before any one comments it, I understand you all might find it funny that I'm trying to tell you how to act, but understand its not an ultimatum, feel free to act how you want, but understand the consequences.

Thank you for reading, I'm open to a peaceful discussion in the comments.

Edit - since some people can’t seem to grasp what I’m saying here, I’ll clarify. I’m not saying sit idly by with a smile on your face and watch your favorite mobile game fall into ashes, I’m saying more instead of the constant complaining you should change the way you act. While it should’ve been in the main post, I think boycotting the games crazy purchases would be a great idea, to show the devs that we aren’t okay with the changes. With complaining and nagging, they can just brush it off. If we boycott, they will have to change their ways. Sorry if the original post wasn’t clear.
Level - 80
Guild- VIP LIFE
Favorite Hero - Astrid
Post edited by hudson1520 on

Comments

• hudson1520hudson1520 Member
    edited November 2018
    @sirolk99 yeah I did, I really don’t frequent it much now, very simple too 👍
    Level - 80
    Guild- VIP LIFE
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
  • edited November 2018
    @hudson1520 , the game is perfect, there is no need for improvement, and the devs love the players every day. Better? No salt, no heat, thus this comment is 100% snowflake approved. And the Emperor's clothing is magnificent!
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• I can see the emperor’s clothes. Can you?
  • edited November 2018
    The scintillating glory of the attire is near blinding in it's evanescant play of color and pattern, I am fundamentally unworthy to describe the sublime and ethereal harmony of the clothing with the accessories, thus I must ask that you percieve it for yourself.

• cp6y1w103xrk.png

• @unknown_player I knew I would be misunderstood and mocked , why did I even bother? Instead of discussing you just mock and irate me
    Level - 80
    Guild- VIP LIFE
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
  • @hudson1520 , but I'm not being negative. Kisses and hugs!

• hudson1520 wrote: »
    The devs listened, and our idea went from an idea, to reality.

Doesn't seem like this happens much at all anymore.
  • You have already placed all comments I could make into the categories of "toxic" and "negative". Thus I am being exclusively positive on your thread, so as to not take it off topic. Hope your grievance studies degree program is going great! Viva Boss Vegas! 😎😎😎😎

• edited November 2018
    You want "discussion"? Here it is
    hudson1520 wrote: »
    Op I'm bracing for the negative feedback already..

Op I'll cut to the point, and remain honest. Many of the recent changes have irked the community sparking an uptick in angry and disgruntled players.

And the way we express that unhappiness is here on the forum

Op If you are unhappy with the game and don't like playing it, quit.

I see. If you don't like it leave. Criticism or questioning of authority is bad and negative.

Op Simple as that.

Simple as if you don't like your life, commit suicide. Don't try to improve things, just bail.

Op 75% of comments and posts on this forum are from people filled with pure hatred for the game, its changes, and its devs.

If 3/4 of the comments from people who are willing to take the time and effort to comment are critical, do you think that might be an indicator of a potential problem? Were the "complainers" in the civil rights and women's sufferage movement "negative"?

Op If you claim the only reason you play is "because my guild is nice and fun!" , more power to you, but don't fill the community with your angry comments.

Know your place, be happy or be silent.

Op I know a fair chunk of players who aren't happy with the changes, but don't whine about it because they either have faith in the devs and know this incessant whining
    isn't getting us anywhere

They either have faith etc...... That is one statement. Don't see the second one. (Hint the word "or" is generally involved). Secondly, characterizing complaints that posters see as legitimate concerns as "whining" is patronizing, demeaning, dismissive, NEGATIVE, and insulting. Thought that would have been covered in your grievance studies program.

Op Sometimes I see people claim they are just being tough and love the game, which I get.

Do you really? I thought being "tough" was a part of "toxic masculinity" and as such, is a negative thing.

Op Though, I can say for a fact these people aren't being tough yet loving, they are just being rude.

So your standards for courtesy and politeness are universal, unequivocal, and absolute, thereby making said standards a "fact". Let me familiarize you with a very important phrase. It goes like this. " In my opinion....." Learn it. Love it. Live it.

Op I understand that you might just be a tough-love type of person, but you could at least make that clear instead of only claiming to be tough loving only after
    someone calls you out on your behavior.

And should I also hold up a sign that says "sarcasm" as needed to aid those with poor social skills?

Op If you want the devs to actually listen, you have to understand complaining is an ineffective tactic to get the devs attention. If an event rolls out that grinds your
    gears, get it out of your system, and then collect your thoughts and create an actual argument or a feasible idea that the devs could implement.

And if my server at a restaurant delivers my meal incorrectly, or in poor condition, I should go in their kitchen to prepare it myself? I am not paid to deliver a satisfactory and enjoyable product. That is why I (VIP 10) pay them. NOT MY JOB.

Op Lets take the Guild Grand Tourney event for example. After many runs of this event we had formed our largely negative opinion on it, and proposed that the buffs
    and nerfs be posted before the event, so players could anticipate the changes by moving runes around on their heroes. The devs listened, and our idea went from
    an idea, to reality.

How were the devs informed of this without someone being negative, complaining, or , as was so eloquently stated by you earlier, whining? Really curious on this one.

Op When we look at the Stormcrow invasion event, all people did was complain that the Malice exploit was patched, instead of proposing an actual idea to make the
    event better.

Actually many suggestions were given, but ignored. The Malice nerf complaints related to changing the rules in the middle of the event, which is why the furnace "technique" was not nerfed in mid event.

Op Since I'm already here, we have been blessed with the ability to communicate directly to the devs through summit meetings.

Yes, you are absolutely right. "We" do communicate "to" the devs. Two points. One. "WE" consists of a select group of guildmasters and players, chosen from a restricted list. The forum is the SOLE location where individuals who are not part of that group are able to express their concerns. Two. "To" the devs. Not "with". Consider the meaning of your prepositions prior to using them. I talk to my cat. I talk with my wife. See the difference?

Op Here too at the summits, you should remain calm and not pull away from the topics being discussed. Nothing is more irritating to me than seeing a summit wasted
    because people were upset with a change, and complained the whole way through instead of asking for the devs rationale or reasoning.

And, once again, is it all about you and your satisfaction with the process? If an issue is important to you, then any discussion of any other issue is "irritating" and "time wasting"?

Op Before I part, I'll repeat it again. If you find yourself unhappy with the game and get absolutely no joy from it, quit.

See above comment on original statement.

Op If you feel the changes the devs have made recently are blasphemous but you think they can rebound, stay, and feel free to complain (though, not too much).

So should I submit any potential posts to you for your approval to ensure it is not "too much", or are we looking at word count, or aggregate number of posts? As you appear to wish to be the arbiter of community standards, I would like to know what these additional standards are as Bossfight and Joel have already posted a sticky on this topic.

Op Say all you want, but this negative energy is doing nothing for the game, OR the community.

The only "negative energy" here is -5v dc which is necessary for digital data transmission. Any other "negative energy" can be dismissed by proper use of crystals in your safe space. Take a physics class.

Op Not only is it off putting to new players, its off putting to the devs as well.

New players are watching this and eating popcorn. Devs are ignoring it.

Op And before any one comments it, I understand you all might find it funny that I'm trying to tell you how to act, but understand its not an ultimatum, feel free to act how you want, but understand the consequences.

And said consequences are? If I don't agree or obey, will i start accumulating abuse and spam flags until I am banned? That sounds very much like a threat IN MY OPINION (see how that works?).

Op Thank you for reading, I'm open to a peaceful discussion in the comments.

You are welcome. I am pretty sure my response was "peaceful", but that is hard to tell these days. You are, as stated, the final judge of the meaning of the terms peaceful, appropriate, on topic, and discussion. So feel free.

Edited for clarity.

Post edited by unknown_player on

• bvs72 wrote: »
    I can see the emperor’s clothes. Can you?

Its better to see the clothes, because I'd rather not see what's underneath that long red tie.

• "Before I part, I'll repeat it again. If you find yourself unhappy with the game and get absolutely no joy from it, quit. If you feel the changes the devs have made recently are blasphemous but you think they can rebound, stay, and feel free to complain (though, not too much). Say all you want, but this negative energy is doing nothing for the game, OR the community. "

complain, but not too much.
    be negative, but it's turning people off.

trust the devs, but never call them out if your trust is misplaced, or do, but don't be angry about it, or be angry, but don't complain too much, or complain a lot, but you shouldn't.

...Just making sure I got your point.
  • edited November 2018
    Careful, danac, you might earn a flag as well. Given your collection, probably not a concern. Bet it looks like a Nepalese temple or a far cry 4 map in there.
    Post edited by unknown_player on

• You want "discussion"? Here it is

^ I like this guy.
  • I have read through the comment that got flagged for abuse twice now and I still can’t find the actual abuse, can the flagger please tell us what part(s) of the comment is abusive.
  • @hudson1520 i agree on some of thre things you say about negtive complaints are not leading us into any progress of comunication with the devs... but one thing that you said that i find it quite irritating (i hope i managed to spell it right😂) is that you sujested everyone who does not like the game as it is now should quit... i find it insulting due to the fact people here invest lots of time and effort in this game, some even spend their money on it, so i think it's inaproptiate to call them to quit the game.
    It's the player's right to give their thoughts on the game in public, i agree with you that some are doing so in a way that respects neither themselves nor the devs, but it is their right to express themselves. Please take this as a note and not as i am trying to attack you.
    Sorry for my english, i hope that most of it is understandable.

• tldr; Yeah I realize they're ignoring all the feedback, sad thing is they may be ignoring the boycotts too. So if I understand you correctly, you're complaining about people complaining?

Longer response (because this forum is much more interesting to me than the game right now, and because its cheaper than therapy -

Op, speaking for myself, the vast majority of my comments in here have shown analysis and suggestions. I have made a few sarcastic replies or attempts at humor, but only in threads and places where the conversation led that way.

The problem is, noone appears to be interested in our suggestions. I respectfully recommend you look further into the nature of the "feedback" so you can better understand the depth of concern and the reasons behind it.

Perhaps this is an opportunity to understand why others, who may have different backgrounds and situations than you, are reacting so strongly.

Me, I'm working hard to foster environments and processes that match my principles, even in my gaming. If i were you, I would not look to the public reaction for the source of what you are concerned about, but what they are reacting to.

If person A acts in a way that operates on person B, its not appropriate to focus only on person B's reaction. Finding underlying reasons is important. Its not to justify person B's reaction, but its necessary to understand the entire situation to deal with it systemically and effectively and find solutions that work for everyone.
  • The forums are a barometer of player unhappiness. Without it, I might know I was fed up, and I might know that my guild is annoyed, but I wouldn't know that so many players across the spectrum, from newbies to high-spenders, are also annoyed, angry and dispirited. You only get that understanding about general player happiness from the forums. Therefore we all need to accept that the snarky, bad-tempered and downright angry posts serve a useful purpose.

I used to play World of Warriors, and the anger in the forums there (entirely unheeded by the developers) heralded the death of the game. I don't think DB should ever be 'upset' that their players are angry but understand that this visceral feedback means that they need to make changes, and fast, before they kill their own game by losing all their players.
  • Do people who were in a relationship for years just "quit, simple as that"? No. That's not how it works. It's sad to see a goog game go down the drain after investing so much time and money. People hang around in hopes something new will make the game interesting again for at least a little bit.
  • https://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/60372/can-no-longer-access-epic-islands#latest

Here is something new. Now we get the bug before the event! Viva Boss Vegas, home of innovation!

• gradders wrote: »
    I used to play World of Warriors...

Me too! Gave it up years ago though.

I've played a lot of mobile games over the last 8 years and Dungeon Boss has far surpassed all other in the length of time it has kept me playing every day (over 960 days) and the amount of money I was willing to invest.

I guess that's why it's so disappointing to see the direction it is now taking to try to squeeze money out of players every day.