Idea to Save Dungeon Boss (At least, a little bit...)

JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
I just had a spark for an idea that could help Dungeon Boss in a major way.

You know how the portals are currently stuffed full of heroes, most of them useless by this point? Well I have a solution to that. Maybe not a permanent one, but it could help alleviate some of the crowding in the portals. And it doesn't involve making an entirely new portal or an entirely different type of currency. It's much more simple!

The idea: Split the portals into "Focus Zones". Each portal could be split into 2, 3, maybe even 4 Focus Zones. The heroes inside would also be split among the zones, with at least 1 really good hero in each zone, along with some of the less-popular heroes to even them out. Then when you go to summon, you'd tap on a portal, then select which Focus Zone you want to pull from. Then, you can only get tokens or unlocks of the heroes in that particular Focus Zone!

This would not only make the portals seem less crowded (because you'd essentially just be multiplying the number of portals by 2, 3, or 4), but also make summoning a specific hero you want much easier!

This could extend beyond just heroes, too. You could bring back those events where you had a bunch of skins in the Heroic Portal. Have 2, 3, or 4 skins available, and put one in each Focus Zone! Or during Light vs Dark or Fire vs Water events, you could have the portals split into 2 Focus Zones, one for one element, one for the other.

I know that this idea is similar to how Gacha games have "banners" to unlock specific heroes in, and Gacha games aren't highly loved for their summoning mechanics, but I think this is still better. Because with this idea, there's no chance of getting a hero from another "banner", if you will. You'll only get unlocks from the exact group you picked. Plus, as far as I'm aware, there's no chance mechanic like in Gacha games where once you summon something good, your chances to get more good things goes way down... So we're already ahead there.

Please let me know what you think. I've stopped playing because of how heroes have been being released, how pay-to-play the game's gotten, and just because I've found more entertaining games. But I think if we could make this a real change, then I'd come back. Oh, and devs, please start releasing heroes by putting them in the portals again. I hate these pay-to-play "events". The calenders are okay too, but it's like you've stopped doing those, too.

Comments

• edited November 2018
    Simpler and easier to just force players to pay for the hero. I like your idea, jack, I just have no hope of it occuring. The steady trend in the game over the last year is greater costs ( resources, time, money) for lower rewards (just about anything, really). I would love to see improvement, I just have little hope for it.
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• I just had a spark for an idea that could help Dungeon Boss in a major way.

You know how the portals are currently stuffed full of heroes, most of them useless by this point? Well I have a solution to that. Maybe not a permanent one, but it could help alleviate some of the crowding in the portals. And it doesn't involve making an entirely new portal or an entirely different type of currency. It's much more simple!

The idea: Split the portals into "Focus Zones". Each portal could be split into 2, 3, maybe even 4 Focus Zones. The heroes inside would also be split among the zones, with at least 1 really good hero in each zone, along with some of the less-popular heroes to even them out. Then when you go to summon, you'd tap on a portal, then select which Focus Zone you want to pull from. Then, you can only get tokens or unlocks of the heroes in that particular Focus Zone!

This would not only make the portals seem less crowded (because you'd essentially just be multiplying the number of portals by 2, 3, or 4), but also make summoning a specific hero you want much easier!

This could extend beyond just heroes, too. You could bring back those events where you had a bunch of skins in the Heroic Portal. Have 2, 3, or 4 skins available, and put one in each Focus Zone! Or during Light vs Dark or Fire vs Water events, you could have the portals split into 2 Focus Zones, one for one element, one for the other.

I know that this idea is similar to how Gacha games have "banners" to unlock specific heroes in, and Gacha games aren't highly loved for their summoning mechanics, but I think this is still better. Because with this idea, there's no chance of getting a hero from another "banner", if you will. You'll only get unlocks from the exact group you picked. Plus, as far as I'm aware, there's no chance mechanic like in Gacha games where once you summon something good, your chances to get more good things goes way down... So we're already ahead there.

Please let me know what you think. I've stopped playing because of how heroes have been being released, how pay-to-play the game's gotten, and just because I've found more entertaining games. But I think if we could make this a real change, then I'd come back. Oh, and devs, please start releasing heroes by putting them in the portals again. I hate these pay-to-play "events". The calenders are okay too, but it's like you've stopped doing those, too.

interesting idea, but now they not gonna make it, I suggest 1 star review in google play market and ios app market, if game will get 3 or less rating, bf will ballance everything in a week.
  • Please take a moment to send your complaints directly to Boss Fight here:
    https://bossfightentertainment.com/contact