Tag Runes!

I just gotten an idea for a Legendary rune!
Introducing : Tag Runes!

Seeing the Honorbound Rune in the shop, got me thinking, what if there are runes that give 1 additional tags to a certain character?
For instance ;

Tag Rune : Legendary
You gain a Legendary Tag Rune, you equip it on your King Yorick

King Yorick : Undead, Rogue
+Legendary

Now

King Yorick : Undead, Rogue, Legendary

Would that be cool! You go to someone's PvP dungeon and you tap and hold someones, idk, Willow and she has a Legendary Tag with Rogue and Fast!

I was thinking these could be great tag names
- Honorbound
- Undead
- Legendary
- Warrior
- Slow
- Fast
Etc. And with these Tag Runes, they all come with special abilitys! For instance
If you equip an Undead Tag Rune on Rogar, he will gain Soulless Scourge,
If you equip Fast, he/she becomes fast
Honorbond, you gain that Honorbond passive (forgot what that buff gives)
And Slow! Getting that Slow buff

I know there are alot of possibilitys for OP runes on certain people, but there are obliviously limits like Barbarian, Assasin, Caster, Etc.

Whatcha all think? Could these be awosme or what? Even if they didn't add all these tags maybe they just add a Legendary Tag Rune? Making any character Legeandry!

Please tell me whatcha all think! I love this idea!
Join The Common Cold! With Disease and Chill on our side, we shall spread The Common Cold! become a Common Cold Member today!
Tagged:

Comments

• Most tags require new passives, like barbs require rage to do stuff.

Also legendaries are only legendary because their buffs, having a tag that gives legendary wouldn't do anything because the legendary tag itself does nothing.

I do like this idea but I think it would break the game way too much.
  • Most tags require new passives, like barbs require rage to do stuff.

Also legendaries are only legendary because their buffs, having a tag that gives legendary wouldn't do anything because the legendary tag itself does nothing.

I do like this idea but I think it would break the game way too much.

Legendary runes would just be the most common ones, just for looks.
    and tag runes needs balancing, only few tags can be made like, undead, fast, slow, etc. nothing like Barbs or Beasts or Goblins, id say undead just for soulless scourge, it wouldn't make them fully unded like Yorick and stuff, just to gain those certain buffs
    Join The Common Cold! With Disease and Chill on our side, we shall spread The Common Cold! become a Common Cold Member today!
  • I think undead would be okay. Fast would be very powerful but slow might be balanced. Plant may be balanced too considering Lily already turns allies into plants.
  • Sounds cool! With things like shocking touch being on runes, some other passives may make their ways to runes. Family tags seem a little powerful to do so, as balance would be impossible, but its a fun idea.
  • Scroom407 wrote: »
    Sounds cool! With things like shocking touch being on runes, some other passives may make their ways to runes. Family tags seem a little powerful to do so, as balance would be impossible, but its a fun idea.

Wouldn't be to hard to balance these runes, like if I was to add a Undead Tag Rune to Willow, she won't gain the special attributes to undead allys, like Immortality through death, ONLY getting Souless Scourge
  • What would happen if I add an Undead Rune on an Undead?
    He was chill, never lost his cool, always won because frost bites.
  • What would happen if I add an Undead Rune on an Undead?

... Dang. Ok you got me!
    Lemme see, Can't.. Give undead tag runes to undead people
  • Could I have multiple, say make willow swift undead and slow, or just one?
  • Could I have multiple, say make willow swift undead and slow, or just one?

Probably be to powerful, but maybe a max of 2
  • One more question. Say our test dummy, willow, has a slow rune. Then would she go fast and have the benefits of slow, or fast goes away, or what?
  • I would think it would override speed. However, since fast doesn't give any stats, it may just make you normal speed.
  • Makes sense. Cool idea. Some would definitely be OP, but it would be cool to have your favorite heroes all be undead or something with synergies. With tag runes the teams in PVP would probably be a lot more diverse.
  • Makes sense. Cool idea. Some would definitely be OP, but it would be cool to have your favorite heroes all be undead or something with synergies. With tag runes the teams in PVP would probably be a lot more diverse.

I think we should try and get Joel to take this idea to the team, see if they would like it!
    Now let's all send Joel a message about this idea and see if he would try and give this idea to them :3
  • Yay!!!!