Patch Notes: November 21st, 2018

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited November 21 in Patch Notes
  • Significantly increased Turkey Feast payouts in event dungeons.
  • Added guild member leaderboard that allows guilds to track the progress of their members (and includes Turkey Feasts that were collected before the leaderboard went live). This leaderboard does not have rewards, it is only for tracking purposes.
  • Fixed community leaderboard rewards preview. Boosts are 3x and 4x, not 2x.
  • Clarified Gobbler Pass phrasing. The multiplier has not been changed.
  • Clarified Turkey Hunt quest description to say that Stuffed Turkeys count towards the quest (they always have, but hadn't been included in the initial description).
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• So you're going to give people back their money who bought something that they thought would give them something but doesn't?
  • LOL really? Where is the increase. I don’t see an increase. I’ve been running dungeons after reading this post and the payouts are the same. Is the only way I can get an increased payout if I buy the loot pass? SMH!
  • Did you restart the app and download the update?
    But yeah, the increase isn't really that noticable anyways...
  • This also doesn't address the issue that the more expensive later dungeons for the event do not have significant increases as was listed as part of the event.
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
    I can no longer stand the direction of this game nor the insulting way issues are dealt with
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited November 22
    (in my view, substantial better be on the order of *10 or more or it won't even be worth it, especially if it requires hours and hours of repetitive playing during the holiday week. I keep trying to manually run dungeons and just fall asleep.)

(I'd also appreciate it if shiny locations were adjusted specifically so they could not be overwritten by my topmost hero...watching shinies I can't get at gets old quick.)
  • sirtainly wrote: »
    (in my view, substantial better be on the order of *10 or more or it won't even be worth it, especially if it requires hours and hours of repetitive playing during the holiday week. I keep trying to manually run dungeons and just fall asleep.)

Completely agree.
  • lythstihl wrote: »
    When the cost from dungeon 1 to dungeon 2 is twice as much stamina and the payout is usually the same there is a problem.

Did they really do that? Haven't rushed to that yet. That's.....what do you call ridiculous with ludicrous on top?
  • sirtainly wrote: »
    lythstihl wrote: »
    When the cost from dungeon 1 to dungeon 2 is twice as much stamina and the payout is usually the same there is a problem.

Did they really do that? Haven't rushed to that yet. That's.....what do you call ridiculous with ludicrous on top?

loco

I’m glad I’m not the only one who noticed that.
    Bryan79
    Potato Society
  • Just make everything in the shop cheaper and that would be better that way all the people that completed dungeons the first day of the event are not being jipped out because they grinded day 1. Also increased turkey feasts pay outs makes it where quest should get a little bonus to in my opinion.
  • lythstihllythstihl Member
    edited November 22
    Joel wrote: »
    • Significantly increased Turkey Feast payouts in event dungeons.

I think the problem is the players don't have the same definition of significant that you do. When the "significantly" raised payout still isn't close to what similar payouts for similar events used to be and this game is SIGNIFICANTLY more work for less reward, you get an unhappy player base such as you have right now.
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
    I can no longer stand the direction of this game nor the insulting way issues are dealt with
  • Absolute waste and didn’t get the stamina or gems promised in the in-game mail either.

5 energy 1 key = 54 turkeys (avg)
    15 energy 3 keys = 65 turkeys (avg)

C’mon that doesn’t take a mathematician to understand you are taking the p*$$

• @joel @DB_Stanley @xtmn8r - is this the significant increase you’re referring to?
    p0gf97v2ds6b.jpeg
  • @joel
    Was there a dagrund nerf/rework too?
  • xtmn8r wrote: »
    It wasn't all as implied by the Patch notes above. As noted in the in-game email, the GOBBLER PASS drop rates were boosted. This applies to ALL dungeons, not just the event dungeon. This means each “STUFFED TURKEY” you kill (not all turkeys) give significantly more turkeys then they used to. And as a reminder, if you purchased the GOBBLER PASS, Quick Looting will auto kill the Stuffed Turkey for you so you no longer have to Manually run the dungeon to get the Stuffed Turkey benefit. You still need to manually run the dungeons to collect the Cornucopias though.

For those deciding not to purchase the Gobbler Pass, it is possible to get to the Solaris Turkey skin goal as we already see multiple free-players on pace to achieve it but it does take a lot of daily game playing over the course of this 7-day event to achieve it.

Happy Thanksgiving

As a level 5 VIP but now free-to-play player, I'm just not finding Dungeon Boss a fun, enriching and rewarding gaming experience anymore. It's just a tedious grind. The financial/time requirement to do even moderately well in any event is just a turn off.

I'm giving the game until Winterfest to pull itself back to being interesting and fun to play even for non-payers.

I just spent $10 on Fallout Shelter which is more interesting to me. Just saying.
  • put the loot keys back in the shop you greedy **** holes
  • @xtmn8r What the hell out you doing working today? This event sucks and your presence isn’t reassuring.

Go enjoy your thanksgiving.
  • What Barleyman said. Way way wayy too much repetitive and boring work to get the skin. Those who you see "on pace" to get it are probably either using some trick, or they have no life at all. I try that and I end up falling asleep.

The fact that you are forced to buy a pass to be able to effectively quick loot, and the fact that you are "supercharging" turkeys for pass holders leads me to believe that you are not selling as many passes as you would like.

I will not spend until this game model changes. I may spend $10 on another mobile game I find fun and can play when I want for as long, or short, as I want, that does not require so very much work to avoid spending money. I just don't like the principle or feel of this whole new Dungeon Boss model that has arisen the past few events. Tastes yucky.

(I appreciate xtrmin8or's efforts to communicate with us.)
  • That might be your best post ever @Skip_Holmes
  • I'm also not spending for the purpose of not giving BF any more money. The past events have been littered with IAPs, I've never seen a mobile game littered with so many 'offers'. I also don't believe the above developer statement saying 100,000 turkey feasts is possible with 'free-to-play' - the payouts are so low that even if you were mad enough to manually run dungeons, you'd need to buy a lot of that stamina. Feasts from the gem portal don't count in this context, by the way.
  • KnightofNeeKnightofNee Member
    edited November 27
    Edited
    Post edited by KnightofNee on
  • The only people that are going to get the Solaris skin that are free to play are the ones who have been saving gems,stamina,and been saving in the pwn shop. If that’s not bad enough you also have to have a lot of free time and be really committed to get the skin. Oh yeah and quest are pointless because they get you a new dungeon and that’s it. Yes some of them get you turkey feasts for running certain dungeons but that adds up to 3000 total. Why not add 1000 turkey feasts to every quest for reaching that many turkey feasts.
  • wagdogg wrote: »
    put the loot keys back in the shop you greedy **** holes

No kidding. If the stuff from past couple months and the current insanity continues, I'm done. Winterfest will give you one chance to tentatively redeem yourself in my book. That's my book of failed games (through greed/ignorance/stupidity). So far, my book is 100% correct after 35 years.

Hope you do better.