Patch Notes: November 27th, 2018

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
Only one change today:
  • IGOROK has been changed so he can be unlocked at 1 star instead of 3 stars. This change will have no impact on his stats, abilities, and if you already have him unlocked, you should see no change at all. This change is merely to allow new players to unlock him easier.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• Agreed. This change hurts new players, which seems like the opposite of what you were going for.
  • He is a LEGENDARY hero. He should not be easy to get! I remember when unlocking a new hero actually meant you had accomplished something. Now it’s like Oprah is running the show “You get a new hero and you get a new hero, everybody gets a new hero!”
  • Phouka79 wrote: »
    He is a LEGENDARY hero. He should not be easy to get! I remember when unlocking a new hero actually meant you had accomplished something. Now it’s like Oprah is running the show “You get a new hero and you get a new hero, everybody gets a new hero!”

legend in his own mind maybe.

• I have 25 tokens of him, so now will be be unlocked?
    He was chill, never lost his cool, always won because frost bites.
  • I have 25 tokens of him, so now will be be unlocked?

depends on how they do it, but likely yes.

However, it'd be better for you to wait and unlock him with a summon, in which case all those 25 tokens will go to adding stars.
    If you click unlock now, all 25 will unlock him.

• danac wrote: »
    I have 25 tokens of him, so now will be be unlocked?

depends on how they do it, but likely yes.

However, it'd be better for you to wait and unlock him with a summon, in which case all those 25 tokens will go to adding stars.
    If you click unlock now, all 25 will unlock him.

Not if they changed him to 1* that applies only when the hero is over 1*. Previously when 3* you save up 100 tokens for the unlock use them then get a full unlock and now you have 25 tokens which was what they give for an unlock (sometimes 35). If you got the full unlock and then used the tokens you would have a 100 tokens toward the next star which would make him 4*. Now since he is 1* if the unlock still gives 25 (or 35) if already unlocked might actually be better to use the tokens first. Depends on how much the full unlock in the portal gives for him now.
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
    I can no longer stand the direction of this game nor the insulting way issues are dealt with
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    For clarification, IGOROK's stats have not been changed at any level. This means that his stats as a 3-star hero are still the same. If you had 25 tokens for him, he will now be available for summoning and you will still have 15 tokens left (because it takes 10 tokens to unlock a 1-star hero). The total number of tokens required to make him 3-star is still the same 100 (10+20+70), so it is not any harder to make him useful, he is just now available in weaker forms for less tokens.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited November 28
    Worst part is, this will never get the attention/complaints needed to get it changed back. Established players won’t care about it and new players won’t even know that they are getting hurt by it. So no one will keep on top of it, the devs will assume they made a positive change, and it will just settle in as one more issue that fades into the background and makes the game a worse overall experience.
  • @Joel

The worst part about what you just said is that it shows how little you understand about the game you represent.
  • You guys give them far too much credit for their stupidity. They are not that stupid. I am not buying it at all. They know everything that Skip explained. They want to make it harder for new players to catch up so that they will start spending. They know that once a player starts spending they will be inclined to spend more.
  • I agree with Max on this one. It was expected though. Sooner or later, this happens to the most of mobile games.
  • Swordking35Swordking35 Member
    edited December 1
    Tbh who cares. It’s better to keep new players away from chars like IGO instead of leading them to believe that he will be their best char with that “tip” about his base stats. If they did this to Solaris or valkin, it would be a different story.

I think they need to either buff IGO (actually buff this time, and not just fake buff him) or remove the legendary tag. That tag is slowly starting to have more meaning since the time that literally every legendary char was trash.

A suggestion: Actually make IGO live up to the hype. Make him an Agnon in damage output. Make him a valkin in sturdiness. If his main attributes are high base stats, make his gameplay reflect that. Right now, he does basically zero damage thanks to power creep, and while he isn’t a pushover on defense, he is nowhere near where he should be considering what he is.
  • He's kinda tanky with great runes... still needs a massive buff to be good. I think it also depends on a monster team's viability. If marrow was good and could auto taunt him, he might be viable with some more sturdiness.

Now he should not be Agnon level damage but he is a legendary tank after all. He has nothing that makes him legendary besides a monster leader trait... which isn't even THAT great considering how squishy monsters still are the the cleanse abilities going around currently. If you buffed Hopper, Marrow, and Koros to be viable along with some love for Igo, I think that may be a viable team. Anti buff, anti, res, auto tank, free energy, sounds pretty great but the stats don't add up. Also we need Iris tokens... everyone still has very low star Iris's.
  • Swordking35Swordking35 Member
    edited December 2
    @MrTheWaffleKing the reason I say that he should have such high damage is that, first of all, his background says specifically that most heroes wouldn’t be able to withstand three wallops, referencing his attacks. Plus the tip says that his attack is higher than any other char in the game (which was never true but it should be)

Koros can’t do all the damage. Plus, when it comes down to a heavy water tank, GT will always be a better choice because of the DR. If IGO has high base stats, he doesn’t need anything special. He would just be a good all around char.
  • @MrTheWaffleKing the reason I say that he should have such high damage is that, first of all, his background says specifically that most heroes wouldn’t be able to withstand three wallops, referencing his attacks. Plus the tip says that his attack is higher than any other char in the game (which was never true but it should be)

Koros can’t do all the damage. Plus, when it comes down to a heavy water tank, GT will always be a better choice because of the DR. If IGO has high base stats, he doesn’t need anything special. He would just be a good all around char.

That tip is wayyyy outdated. I think there could be a good legendary hero just because of his very high stats, but them team comp wont matter and he would naturally just be meta or non-meta depending on other characters. However, Agnon and Koros have absurd damage if done right that they NEED to be semi-squishy to be balanced.

I agree that GT is better, but should he really be? 75% DR isn't really healthy unless there is a counter, which most of us now know is 3 hits to him, or flat out kill him. I think other tanks should have spots on other teams, which IGO's monster guard seems like it's capable of doing. However, monsters in general aren't that great and IGO's stats could definitely take a buff.