Rework Concept: Pontifex Mortis

ApocalyptusApocalyptus Member
edited November 2018 in Community Creations
I’m just gonna go out on a limb here seeing as Bossfight Entertainment are pretty much almost tapped out of ideas. Let me know what you folks think.

Tags: Legendary, Necromancer.

Note: The Necromancer tag Highlights the Family Connection between Casters and Undead as Necromancers are simply Casters with a serious knack for Dark Undead Magics.

Chaos Storm:
Special Attack (7 turns)
A Ranged Spirit Attack on all enemies for [x] base Damage with a chance to haunt damaged enemies.

Undead Storm: (after using Grave Digger.)
Special Attack (7 turns)
A Ranged Disease Attack That Calls Forth Undead from beneath To Attack all enemies for [x] base Damage that Slows enemies for x turns.

Necromantic Storm: (after using Doom Bolt.)
Special Attack (7 turns)
A Deadly Ranged Spirit attack on all enemies for [x] base damage with a [x]% chance to outright kill Living enemies. (Does not work on spirit immune*, undead or construct enemies), Surviving enemies have their Max health reduced by [x]%

Note: Spirit immune heroes cannot be damaged or outright killed, but constructs and undead can still be damaged by this special attack, they will just be immune to the insta-kill portion of the attack. Passives that prevent death can prevent the insta-kill But affected enemies will have 1 Health left.

1st ascension:
Grave Digger
Special Attack (4 turns)
gain strength from long dead Heroes to increase ATK +[x]%, DEF +[x]% and +[x]% Water Resist, while following up with a Ranged Disease attack for [x] base damage. Changes Chaos Storm to “Undead Storm.”

2nd ascension:

Doom Bolt
Special Attack (5 turns)
A Ranged Dark Lightning attack to a single target for [x] base damage with +50% damage vs Armored, Changes Chaos Storm to “Necromantic Storm” and chains to 3 additional enemies for [x] Damage.

Mystical (I/II/III)

Trait (Passive), upgrades with Ascensions
I: 25% damage bonus vs Slow or Tank heroes.

1st Ascension:
II: 50% damage bonus vs Slow or Tank heroes gained at 1st ascension.

2nd Ascension:
III: 75% damage bonus vs Slow or Tank heroes gained at 2nd ascension.

Reincarnate (I/II/III)
Trait (Passive),
I: When killed, this Hero returns from the dead as “Pontifex Returned”. Becomes Undead, losing all passives and replacing them with Soulless Scourge and Slow while retaining Necromantic Fervor. Necro Bolt is replaced with Wand and Chaos Storm is replaced with Lifesteal.

1st Ascension:
II: Gains improved stats, Gains Necromantic Fervor II and unlocks Bone Armor as “pontifex returned”

2nd Ascension:
III: Gains even greater stats & Gains Necromantic Fervor III

No longer gains the soul eater Passive.

No longer gains the Undead Fervor Passive.

New Trait Passive (unique)
Necromantic Fervor(I,II,III)
Trait (Passive)
This Hero Benefits from all Undead Passives, Grants This hero & Undead Allies 5% ATK & 5% DEF.

1st ascension:
This Hero Benefits from all Undead Passives, Grants This hero & Undead Allies 10% ATK & 10% DEF.

2nd ascension:
This Hero Benefits from all Undead Passives, Grants This hero & Undead Allies 20% ATK & 20% DEF.

Epic Necromantic Fervor:
Epic Trait (Passive),
This Hero Benefits from all Undead Passives, Grants All Allies 20% ATK & 20% DEF Which Doubles to 40% ATK & 40% DEF for this Hero and All Undead Allies.

Animate the Dead
Trait (Passive),
Special attacks will invite dead allies to join the attack.

Flesh Incarnate
Trait (Passive),
After Pontifex spends 2 turns alive as a skeleton, he will turn back to his living form with full energy.

Epic Flesh Incarnate (requires Epic)
Epic Trait (Passive),
After Pontifex spends 2 turns alive as a skeleton, he will turn back to his living form with full energy and revive any defeated Undead Heroes alongside him.

Pontifex Epic concept: Siphoulactery (a conjoining of Siphon, Soul and Phylactery, possibly in the Shape of a Crystalline Skull.)

SKL: 30%
DEF: 20%
HP: 20%

Effect: Basic Attacks have a [30]% Chance to Deal x2 Damage and Invite Dead Allies into the Attack, Gains “Epic Necromantic Fervor.” Pontifex Returned Gains “Epic Flesh Incarnate.” Epic Attacks made by Pontifex Returned will trigger Epic Flesh Incarnate.

Things to consider:
  1. give Pontifex returned a buff as he is downright easy to kill which is upsetting for a “legendary hero.”
  2. Give Pontifex Mortis an epic that appeals to himself and the undead as a whole, like valkin and his epic which buffed the heck out of his dwarven high king Passive beyond game breaking.
  3. Tag Pontifex as a Necromancer which is a symbolisation of everything that is unholy, dark, undead, spiritual, etc.
  4. Give undead(excluding zomm) a Passive which allows them to “Reassemble” themselves after a few turns, as an old proverbial saying goes: you cannot kill that which is already dead. That and undead skeletons have a nasty habit of “piecing themselves back together” after being knocked down.
Total Zomminionation.