We're rolling out an update that will improve passives (aka "fourth stats") on some existing runes and streamline the possible passives for crafted runes.
When it comes to crafted runes, there are now 35 possible passives, all with equal chances to appear on a rune (with the exception of runes that have preset passives like Incineration runes)
- Burn, shock, poison, disease, chill skin and touch runes (10 possible passives)
- Damage Penetration and Reduction for all five elements (Water, Nature, Fire, Dark, and Light) (10)
- Damage Penetration and Reduction for all five classes (Caster, Warrior, Healer, Tank, and Rogue) (10)
- Damage Penetration and Reduction in PVP and PVE (4)
- Vampiric (1)
We have removed the chance to craft runes with Damage Penetration and Reduction for families (goblin, elf, dwarf, etc.) and abilities (armored, magical, flying, etc.). We believe the broader categories of element and class will make the runes more valuable in general and lessen the chances of crafting runes with passives that aren't considered useful in a given PVP meta.
We have also made the following changes to existing types of runes:
- Vampiric runes now have a 100% chance to lifesteal a set percentage of the damage you deal.
- Caster runes now copy buffs instead of stealing them.
- Tank runes now provide 1 turn of Taunt and stack additional turns for each additional Tank rune equipped.
- Skin and Touch passive phrasing has been changed. "Burning Skin" will now appear as "(X)% chance to Burn melee attackers" and "Burning Touch" will now appear as "(X)% chance to Burn on basic attacks". These changes apply to all skin/touch passives, and all chances stack additively. Any preexisting runes with skin/touch passives are being set to the maximum possible activation odds as part of this transition. Runes that are crafted with skin/touch passives after the transition will have a range of odds. Those odds are set when the passive first appears on the rune and does not increase if the rune is tuned or upgraded.