Regarding Mail Expiration (UPDATED 12/4)

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited December 4 in Announcements
Update (12/4)

Hey all,

We were able to reprocess the rewards for the leaderboard ending 11/19 which would’ve been expired on 11/26 for those who did not claim it. Players should be receiving those rewards shortly. The previous 2 weeks data is not available to the extent we can easily reprocess but we are pulling data for what each guild achieved for each of those weeks and will send those rewards manually over the net couple of days. In case it isn’t clear, these mails will expire in 7 days as well so claim them sooner rather then later.

P.S. Still chasing down LILY Epic timeline for you but wanted to get this out to everyone ASAP

---
Hey everyone,

As most of you know, Boss Fight and Big Fish shifted our relationship recently to make it so we at Boss Fight are overseeing the publishing aspects of the game. This transition involved a variety of changes in terms of how teams operated, and a lot of information was handed off from one team to the other in the process. The major part of that handoff occurred near the end of last month, and it has come to my attention that notes about a game change that are normally passed along to me at the time of the transition slipped through the cracks, namely that mail expiration timers have been changed to 7 days after sending.

This change has been active since the beginning of the month, but wasn’t noticed by a number of players until this week, which is when I looked into the matter and discovered that there had been a hiccup in communications.

As it stands, there is unfortunately no way to restore the expired mail. While we understand that it is not perfect compensation, we will be running our double Tower of Pwnage event on Monday and Tuesday of next week.

I would like to sincerely apologize for this oversight. Even though I sometimes make announcements that are unpopular, I always try to be as transparent as possible when it comes to game system changes, and this change is absolutely not one that I intentionally withheld. That said, we understand that an apology does not bring back lost mail and that words can only go so far. I am working with the team to ensure that this type of communications lapse does not occur again and understand that we will need to work to regain the community’s trust on such matters.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• I'm still sittinf here with an empty mailbox that says I have (1) in it lol. I don't really care but I'm just pointing out that's an issue. I know people with ocd freak out about things like that.
  • Garbage
  • For the hand-off team, meh.

For you, Joel, good job communicating this faux-pas to us.
  • MaxBeamerMaxBeamer Member
    edited December 1
    Okay, the expiration timers changed and nobody noticed or you guys forgot to say something. You all know that a lot of us will hate this change. So why is it needed and can you change it back to what it used to be?
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    The lost Emails was an accident. Thus we have to say it was intended.
  • OhtOht Member
    Double tower event....that you were doing anyway...is the apology/compensation?

Hmmm.

Should have just said the next four events are the compesation. That would be way better.
  • How the hell running the tower will give me back my lost hardly earned Festive rune from lily last event???!!!

8VRFUpP.jpg

Sorry honey, but i think divorce is our best choice after all these years. And no, i don't wanna see a consultant.

• Zzzzzzzz...

(Wake me when Pontifex gets an epic & a statistical improvement to his skeleton form, until then, I’ll be in zomms crypt keepin it creep tastic, eatin brains & hoping the Undead become a permanent meta..)
    Total Zomminionation.
  • I thought car dealership employees had **** communication lol jesus. Why would the mail thing be a problem for players tho? Who is waiting a month to collect rewards? Why? If you already play every day then just open your mail...top players aren't getting any more mail/rewards than I am while I'm not even playing competitively anymore. Seems like it's your own fault if your reward mail gets deleted. I mean if you can't collect it in 7 days wtf are you doing lol. Anything you collect a month later is probably already useless anyway since the game is changing so much. In another month or so a hero like Craw will probably be as useful as Rogar
  • People kept rewards messages for a variety of reasons...for me it was the raid tickets...I stockpile them for grand tourneys...the ‘compensation’ isn’t even close to what was list and certainly shouldn’t have to be played for...
  • Wolfie13 wrote: »
    People kept rewards messages for a variety of reasons...for me it was the raid tickets...I stockpile them for grand tourneys...the ‘compensation’ isn’t even close to what was list and certainly shouldn’t have to be played for...

Same here with mats and stamina ...
    Was a great option to keep ressources for a long long time. To keep them there until next GGG for example ...
  • Hi all. I just get call from my bank and they told to me that my cash limit became smaller and due to overdraft all my money have disapear. So there was about 200k$ and now there is 50k$. Oh its ok they want to compensate me for this misanderstanding , they going to reduce monthly payment from 2.99$ to 2.79$ .
    How can you see you act exactly like this example. I losed a lot of deferent materials due your fault !

Чем вы там думаете! Хватит страдать ерундой верните все как было или компенсируйте подобающим образом.
  • CMEPTbKA wrote: »
    Hi all. I just get call from my bank and they told to me that my cash limit became smaller and due to overdraft all my money have disapear. So there was about 200k$ and now there is 50k$. Oh its ok they want to compensate me for this misanderstanding , they going to reduce monthly payment from 2.99$ to 2.79$ .
    How can you see you act exactly like this example. I losed a lot of deferent materials due your fault !

Чем вы там думаете! Хватит страдать ерундой верните все как было или компенсируйте подобающим образом.

абсолютно ❤
  • Why do I have a friend invite that's 27 days old but lost my Guild Games reward?
    This is unacceptable!

As everyone said, mail is used as storage and you can't take things away without warning!

I want my rewards back!
  • ....This a big bad boo boo in so many ways...don't even get me started....
    ....ways to restore could be put in place if company wanted to - certainly technically feasible but manpower-intensive - would cost 'em big.
    ....props for Joel for the apology attempt.
    ....two towers response very tone deaf, almost worse than no compensation attempt...real snoozer

...not even worth full sentences...
  • MongoMongo Member
    Re: ....props for Joel for the apology attempt.

Joel is just the messenger.
    Management screwed up then sent him out to inform us of their insulting idea of compensation.
  • Apology accepted. Going forward however.. Seven days isn't long. Especially when you get mail rewards that would be wasted if you are close to cap. (IE; you generously gave out 1200 stamina compensation but I was close to cap.. today, I'd be forced to blow that Stamina in 7 days regardless of event or just lose it). This should have been addressed years ago - when it was an unfair advantage to hoard stam/raids tix.. before one could simply buy them shamelessly.

With this shift, I say take off the caps. Don't stop the timers on stamina and raid ticket regen.

I'm not sure how to take double Tower duty as compensation, even if it's back to some what auto-run. 15 minutes is 15 minutes.. Not a big fan of working for compensation. Giving out a Legendary rune, or 50-100 USEFUL tokens, or a flavor skin (have a 'sorry' skin saved for a rainy day), let us beat on an oversized toon for phatlootz endlessly - all would have a much more acceptable impact on the community, imho.
    Don’t you wish it was easier, wish you were better.
  • SchnuppeSchnuppe Member
    edited December 1
    MelofSteel wrote: »
    Seven days isn't long. Especially when you get mail rewards that would be wasted if you are close to cap.
    No, this change has been active since the beginning of the month, almost four weeks! I still had a 32 days old and a 4 days old mail with crown tournament rewards. The 11, 18, and 25 days old mails are gone. That's rewards of THREE weeks: 15 free heroic summons, 36 raid tickets, 120 stamina, and a lot of Hagrim tokens.
    Players who forgot or could not claim their event rewards (rune inventory full) in this period of time lost their event rewards, too.

A few weeks ago in summit it was reported by players that mails are missing. We had been told that the "mail guy" is on vacation. Another week passed. Now, end of the month, they tell us about this completely unnecessary stealth nerf. It's a nerf like the loot keys. But there we still got no answer at all.

Players asked in summit to increase the rune inventory. What happened? Nothing. Instead the expiration time of mails was reduced from 59 to 7 days. Why? To make players spend more gems for raid tickets refreshes and stamina refreshes!

@Joel Why got rewards got deleted at all? The rewards should have been auto-claimed and saved in the inventory. But yeah, to purge them was easier, I guess? Two extra tower runs for compensation are unbelievable. That's what? 2x 20-40 min tower crawling for 2x 275 gems, some stamina, and evos? Pfff.....

Again, you made me regret that I have spent money on this game. With such actions you are losing players, trust and money.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    All players who complain will be purged after seven days. Be happy, have fun playing DB. Your account depends on it.
  • I put in a ticket on my missing mail on Oct 31. I received a reply on Nov 2nd that problem was fixed and misssing Mail was in my box. After that I did not hoard rewards out of FOMO. What has changed between now and then that these fine young players can’t get their rewards back? The change over to Boss Fight had already taken place. I fear this might be the last straw for most.
  • Mongo wrote: »
    Re: ....props for Joel for the apology attempt.

Joel is just the messenger.
    Management screwed up then sent him out to inform us of their insulting idea of compensation.

That's what I was referring to. I was distinguishing the messenger from the message. I respect how difficult it must be to issue statements of this kind knowing how they would be received by the player base. Since I cannot know the personal views of the messenger, whatever extent they may differ from the policy statements just ads even more pressure to the job.

If I felt the messenger were responsible for some of these major policy decisions, I would come to a different conclusion.
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    All players who complain will be purged after seven days. Be happy, have fun playing DB. Your account depends on it.

Unless you pay a $49.99 complaint fee (per complaint.)
  • @Joel several things...

First you and the company know people kept mail for the maximum and this is an absolutely unacceptable business practice to change and not announce the change.

Second.the explanation doesn't make sense because I lost recent mail but still have older mail.

Third the "compensation" is ridiculously low since many of the things lost are not replaceable that way. As far as I can tell the only thing I lost was 1 or possibly 2 weeks of guild rewards but one of them were Jibber tokens and those aren't replaceable unless you put Jibber into the tower or aether shops which would let us get tokens to replace those lost. That is probably one of the most common losses in all this.

Fourth it's been many days since this was pointed out on the boards and you finally responded which means it's likely even more mail expired that could have been saved if you had notified us in a timely manner.
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
    I can no longer stand the direction of this game nor the insulting way issues are dealt with