Frightmare Before Winterfest!

Comments

• Does purchasing the event boost automatically give you the Slasher skin??
  • No. The slasher skin is not available at all. Slasher drakk just shows up to give you extra candy corn in dungeons.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    edited December 2018
    wagdogg wrote: »
    Will the boost last the whole event if you buy it today or will it only last one day?

@wagdogg - it is called an event boost, not a day boost. Isn’t that transparent to you? BF is always transparent.

• @Joel so apparently according to official sources the boost is daily and will expire at reset today. I feel this was not even remotely clear and I feel ripped off, false advertising! It says event boost and whilst that might be ambiguous I had reasonably assumed it would last for the duration of the event. I would like my money back please as I don’t think I’ll be able to ql my way to 150k in the next 90 mins before reset.
  • @foulix - i have echoed your sentiment to big fish, but i know better through the number of trouble tickets that i have submitted over the past few months not to expect a response. I reported a problem with the purchase to apple based on deceptive and malicious sales tactics, and was issued a refund within minutes. i urge you to do the same.
  • Good advice @pab091 , it’s sad to think I’d have to go that route with Apple but I will if they don’t make this right today.
  • Let us see how many of those who complimented this event continue to do so when their "event" pass expires at reset today. I may have to make some popcorn.
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• Foulix wrote: »
    @Joel so apparently according to official sources the boost is daily and will expire at reset today. I feel this was not even remotely clear and I feel ripped off, false advertising! It says event boost and whilst that might be ambiguous I had reasonably assumed it would last for the duration of the event. I would like my money back please as I don’t think I’ll be able to ql my way to 150k in the next 90 mins before reset.

I just heard that @xtmn8r said in LINE that the boost lasts 24 hours. Still a bummer.
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    Foulix wrote: »
    @Joel so apparently according to official sources the boost is daily and will expire at reset today. I feel this was not even remotely clear and I feel ripped off, false advertising! It says event boost and whilst that might be ambiguous I had reasonably assumed it would last for the duration of the event. I would like my money back please as I don’t think I’ll be able to ql my way to 150k in the next 90 mins before reset.

I just heard that @xtmn8r said in LINE that the boost lasts 24 hours. Still a bummer.

my boost lasted less than five hours.
  • ...wait, is this true? I purchased the event boost this afternoon because was led to believe it was for the EVENT. ????
  • Boost is only for one day? That was not listed anywhere at all, and I would not have spent $9 on it if I knew that. Can we get some response about this on the forum? Having every other event boost last the entire event and this one only one day without disclosing that is some serious false advertising, and is incredibly disheartening.

Also is the Boss Battle still on? Or has that been moved?
  • My boost is still working. I just don’t know what skins to grind with.
  • Have to agree, EVENT boost is very different than DAILY boost. I feel that offer was just misleading across the board.
  • RyeChusRyeChus Member
    edited December 2018
    The boost is 'clearly' one day if you pay attention. The boost is for the skins 'event' - and the banner for the skins 'event' says one day. Daily skins events are not to be confused with the multi-day Frightmare event. Gotta read the small print.

Not defending how it was presented - just to be clear. Seems deliberately confusing/obscure to me, but they can always say it is incompetence/insanity/lawyer approved.
  • lythanderlythander Member
    edited December 2018
    Joel wrote: »
    For clarification regarding the Frightmare Skin/Boost offer: You will only get the Heroic Summons if you already have all three skins offered. If any of the skins offered are not already in your collection, you are guaranteed to get one of them.

@Joel Can I get clarification on how long the boost is supposed to last? Nothing in the description says it is limited, but after purchasing a timer starts and the boost goes away at reset. Shouldn't there be some type of language indicating how long the boost last?

• Scroom407 wrote: »
    @RyeChus I wouldn’t say it’s clear at all. It mentions the 3 featured skins but does not specify its ONLY those skins. Even using DB’s logic that’s not clear. It even says Event Boost on the left, not 1 Day Boost.

ABSOLUTELY agree!!
  • RyeChusRyeChus Member
    edited December 2018
    Scroom407 wrote: »
    saw68ec7u47h.png
    @RyeChus I wouldn’t say it’s clear at all. It mentions the 3 featured skins but does not specify its ONLY those skins. Even using DB’s logic that’s not clear. It even says Event Boost on the left, not 1 Day Boost.

Note - it says 'Frosty event' which is the title for the one day skins event on the banner for it. This is why I did not buy it.

Anyways I edited to include single quotes on 'clearly' - just to be clear ;)
  • Yeah LOL....ok, if Joel or any other blue comes out and says anything remotely close to "sorry, we didn't realize we weren't clear", no one better believe them, sympathize with them, or give them a free pass. They clearly know what they are doing which is to try and squeeze every last penny they can in a deceptive manner.
  • @joel et al. You were so close to a redemptive event… so close…
  • Is there still a boost for using skins in dungeons? I just ran one with 4 skinned heroes and got all of 5 candy corn.

8lllga0bgvi9.jpeg
  • The fact that the turkey event boost lasted the whole event.. this boost wasn't labelled any different. One wouldn't expect it to only last a day.

Very disappointing, I could have planned to make use of the boost much more efficiently had I known there was a much lessened time frame. It was fun while it lasted but sucks for those who would have purchased it just hours before reset.
    Don’t you wish it was easier, wish you were better.
  • There were 10 event banners yesterday and some very confusing texts. Heck, I made many runs with any ole skin because I did not realize what were the "featured" skins.

Scheduling so many simultaneous events with differing durations and nonspecific text descriptions is a formula for confusion.

In the past, specific events were announced in detail in the forum.
  • Still having skins for only 24 hrs during events huh, shame DB, shame!
    Grind away, and oh, skin is gone now, better luck next time.
    >:(
  • So no response from @Joel or @xtmn8r about this latest debacle. I’ll just request my refund from Apple for unfair or misleading sales tactics and if they get enough of those complaints maybe DB will be motivated to pay more attention in the future and/or do right by their customers when they make a mistake.
  • @Foulix they didn’t make a mistake. They knew they would get fewer sales if everyone knew that the boost only lasted for one day.
  • @sirtainly - why are you getting 95 tickets for a pvp raid win? I am only getting 30.

• Not only did they decrease my boost from the whole event to 24 hours, for the last three and half hours of the boost, they offered no skin boost while they straightened out their event bugs. Also, I expected a second rune to be available in the event shop. Instead, the first day rune was extended another 24 hours. Do you expect players to grind for corn if there is nothing in the event shop that they want to buy. Or do you expect them to just buy loot keys?