Frightmare Before Winterfest!

Comments

• JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Hey folks!

A couple of things to talk about here:

Regarding the boost duration: We're clarifying the messaging confusion on the Skin offer. For additional clarity, the 24 hour offer that turns on a boost that lasts for 24 hours. If you bought it with 1 hour left in the store, you will still have it for 24 hours. If you bought it with 1 hour left and then the new skin offer comes up that also has the boost and you buy it right away, it will add 24 additional hours to your boost (making it now 47 hours). There are 6 offers (1 per day) all that stack timing wise.

Regarding what skins are boosted and when: It seems there's confusion over what the purchase boost is for. The 2x boost is attached to the three skins that you have a potential to get when you buy the boost, not whatever the current featured skin is in the event at the time.

On day 1 of the event (which ended at 3pm today), Crystal Princess Icebloom, Santa Rogar, and Bat Stick Ignus were the featured skins (as indicated in the Events area). As with the Haunted Halls event, we are featuring different skins each day. Today's featured skins are Frostfiend Icepick, Elf Willow, and Dragonkin Squinch. If you purchased yesterday's boost and have any time left on that boost, that boost will continue to apply to those day's heroes (Icebloom, Rogar, and Ignus), but since the boost from the event itself has ended with the new day, the boost will be 3x and not 6x (because 3x was coming from the event).

Also of note, any time on the Drakk invasion enemy will stack additively if you purchase a more than one boost. So if you purchased yesterday's boost 10 hours ago and then buy today's boost, you will still have 38 hours left on your Drakk invasion (24-10+24).
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • I also don’t understand why, BF continues to give important information to individual players in LINE without posting it on the forum or in game mail.
  • @bvs72 obviously those players spend a lot of money. Who cares about the rest?
  • Joel wrote: »
    Hey folks!

On day 1 of the event (which ended at 3pm today), Crystal Princess Icebloom, Santa Rogar, and Bat Stick Ignus were the featured skins (as indicated in the Events area). As with the Haunted Halls event, we are featuring different skins each day. Today's featured skins are Frostfiend Icepick, Elf Willow, and Dragonkin Squinch. If you purchased yesterday's boost and have any time left on that boost, that boost will continue to apply to those day's heroes (Icebloom, Rogar, and Ignus), but since the boost from the event itself has ended with the new day, the boost will be 3x and not 6x (because 3x was coming from the event).

@Joel Hate to mention it as the screw up may be beneficial here - but your math wizards need to be sent back to kindergarten. If the old skins are only getting the original boost (which is mislabeled as 2X boost - if the base boost went to 0, 2X0 = 0) they should be getting the exact same boost as skins used today without a purchased boost. But YESTERDAYS skins are running at 50% higher return rate over 20+ dungeons right now, so something is really off somewhere. I think with new skins. I should see about 1/2 of what I was getting with the boost yesterday, but I am only getting 1/3rd.

On a 2ns point - you owe all who bought some compensation as NOWHERE did it explain the boost was limited to those 3 specific skins. EVEN if you buy the BS that the boost was only for 24 hour and not the event, it still would read as working on the next day's skins. And there was a 3 hour gap with NO bonus skins!
  • And the event boost that turned out to be a day boost didn't even stay active a whole 24 hours? Yeah....wow. I'm guessing there will be compensation being sent out for that, yes @Joel ?
  • @Joel @xtmn8r @DB_Stanley

Something is definitely not working correctly today with the skins and dungeon ticket payouts.

Background:
    1. I have NOT purchased any boosts for the event
    2. Each day, I have been running the dungeon with four heroes with skins - BUT only ONE if them is a featured skin for that day.
      • So, yesterday, I ran with Zomm (w/non-featured skin), Rogar (w/featured skin), Ingus (w/non-featured skin), and Igorok (w/non-featured skin)
      • Today, after the reset, I kept Zomm but replaced the other three slots with Willow (w/featured skin), Yorick (w/non-featured skin), and Bovus (w/non-featured skin)

Problem:
    Once I switched to the new heroes after today's reset, the dungeons are giving different amounts. For instance, When I ran the Vault yesterday, the lowest amount I got was 10 tickets. However, today I am seeing 9 tickets. The other payouts also seem off as well - by larger numbers - I just cannot remember the exact numbers (one of them ended in a "1", like 41 or 91???).

Explanation or fix please.

Thank you :)

• @Joel @xtmn8r @DB_Stanley

Addition to my previous post...Is it possible that today working as intended and yesterday was off?

If I am doing the math correctly, it should go like this...

Willow (w/featured skin), Yorick (w/non-featured skin), Bovus (w/non-featured skin), and Zomm (w/non-featured skin)
    is 35%+15%+15%+15%=+80% ....and 5 tickets plus and additional 80% (.8*5=4) = 9 tickets

Please clarify or fix.

Thank you :)
  • Confusing much? Nice touch having the Drakk skin as the boost visual...
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • Get bent.
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited December 2018
    PugsOfWar wrote: »
    @sirtainly - why are you getting 95 tickets for a pvp raid win? I am only getting 30.

I think it was because at least one of my heroes was wearing a skin....(Hansuke)..maybe 2...

That's OK, I just ran all the 5 gold island dungeons with 3 heroes with today's featured skins and got

45/27/9/9/9 tickets for the 0/5/10/15/20 stam dungeons respectively. Quite the haul.
  • Glad I am sitting this one out. Saw the initial reward level without the pay to play boosts and said " nope, not even for nine dollars". Those of you who purchased, thank you for continuing to encourage the pay to play model you claim to dislike. Those who chose not to purchachse may join me in eating popcorn while those who complimented the event dine on fresh rotisserie corvidae.
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• I have had no issues with this event. I will not need to ask for a refund from the app store. No heart ache here, since I did not spend any money on the event, and will continue to not spend. They love you people. ohhhh 9$ to boost, sure sign me up, you guys can't throw your money at them fast enough. What a joke. Their tactics are working great, but I don't have sucker written on my forhead.
  • Very pleased with this event. The payouts are fair (with boosts) and enough to make game play tolerable. The boost is affordable and fairly priced as opposed to other situations that were not. Although it is still a bit of a grind, it’s a more fun grind than recent events. I would recommend putting many more quests in from the start or at least increasing the repeatable cap. The 10x limit is disproportionate to the number of dungeon runs needed, which gets boring. It’s fun to have a goal besides the end goal. You should aim for an end goal that could be completed in 8-10 hours, not 22, just as a rule of thumb. Otherwise well done this time IMO.
  • Everyone should just stop spending and if you did buy something, then get a refund from apple or google.
  • Pay for Convenience is fine. That's what DB used to be, Pay 2 Win is what it is now at that isn't good. Console games are much cheaper overall now.
  • ToxicRatt wrote: »
    Pay for Convenience is fine. That's what DB used to be, Pay 2 Win is what it is now at that isn't good. Console games are much cheaper overall now.

Not only p2w, its p2play now, even worse
  • As long as people continue to pay, nothing will change. The only message these people will receive is a drop in profit.

• ClaraR wrote: »
    Payouts are really fair this time ... so players can earn personal top rewards ( hansuke skin = 150k candy corn) without boosts or get it relaxed with a boost in 1 or 2 days. Seems not a bad thing, thank you. B)

150k is nowhere near possible without boosts. Each 20 stamina event dungeon today has given me less than 200 corn per manual run.
  • MonkeyHunterMonkeyHunter Member
    edited December 2018
    Yykkil wrote: »
    ClaraR wrote: »
    Payouts are really fair this time ... so players can earn personal top rewards ( hansuke skin = 150k candy corn) without boosts or get it relaxed with a boost in 1 or 2 days. Seems not a bad thing, thank you. B)

150k is nowhere near possible without boosts. Each 20 stamina event dungeon today has given me less than 200 corn per manual run.

Payouts of 500 Candy Corn, or 1100 with max costume boost, are frequent in 5 stam dungeons. Best strategy is to play crypt dungeons with lots of pumpkins to increase the impact of your stamina.
  • Best strategy is to not bother wasting your resources on another pay to play event with garbage rewards.

• Best strategy is to not bother wasting your resources on another pay to play event with garbage rewards.

Its pretty easy to snag a couple skins for this event without draining resources. Don't go for the 150K skin.
  • Yykkil wrote: »

Payouts of 500 Candy Corn, or 1100 with max costume boost, are frequent in 5 stam dungeons. Best strategy is to play crypt dungeons with lots of pumpkins to increase the impact of your stamina.

I'm not interested in strategising around a game that is constantly broken, inconsistent, buggy, and full of increasingly obnoxious ways to get you to give them money (but they call them deals). Right now the only thing I'm doing is figuring out how many more days will pass before I delete this rubbish off my phone.
  • Yykkil wrote: »

I'm not interested in strategising around a game that is constantly broken, inconsistent, buggy, and full of increasingly obnoxious ways to get you to give them money (but they call them deals). Right now the only thing I'm doing is figuring out how many more days will pass before I delete this rubbish off my phone.
    Fair enough. The Drakk skin event was literally impossible as ftp and the turkey Phoenix was prohibitively demanding. The candy drop rate for this event is comparatively generous.

I wish DB would return to focusing on quests as the primary resource for event currency. No one enjoys running the same dungeon over and over and over and over....
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited December 2018

Fair enough. The Drakk skin event was literally impossible as ftp and the turkey Phoenix was prohibitively demanding. The candy drop rate for this event is comparatively generous.

I wish DB would return to focusing on quests as the primary resource for event currency. No one enjoys running the same dungeon over and over and over and over....

I did drakk, solaris, and 130k of 150k hansuke so far as free to play. I’d do drakk again over this shitstorm any day. Drakk I just activated the 2x speed bug that they never fix and jammed the quickloot button for like 2 hours. This event, I’ve spent many, many boring hours manually running the same stupid dungeon. No quickloot to help, just tedious boredom.

It’s stupid, it’s painful, and it makes me question why I’m bothering, but it is certainly possible. Problem is, it makes me want to play the game less, makes it so I wouldn’t even consider spending money in the future out of sheer spite and annoyance, and is only doable with sufficient time in between to restock on stamina and gems.

I agree with you that having us run a normal mode dungeon hundreds and hundreds of times, getting nothing of value along the way, refusing to let us get loot keys to make it faster, calling the whole thing an “event”, and then repeating that formula every few weeks is absurd. Most other games are constantly tinkering with new styles of play mode, new event types, etc. DB uses the same models, the same maps, the same couple heroes, the same play mechanics over and over and over. If it wasn’t for sunk cost, I think a lot of people would have left a long time ago. Not sure why those same people continue to dig themselves into a further hole spend-wise, but oh well.
  • Wow, you did the Drakk and Solaris events as F2P? Props. I gave up and didn't even try.