Frightmare Before Winterfest!

124»

Comments

• Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited December 2018
    Drakk was easy. I wasn’t going to do it, but when they upped the drops mid-event, it was just a couple hours of quickloots. As long as you had max stamina and a handful of gems, it wasn’t bad.

Turkeys were tough but doable. Especially since the elite festive runes were there to make it worthwhile.

This hansuke one is the worst of the three. It takes all manual runs (no quicklooting), and the runes you can get with all the corn collected are just junky superiors so you don’t even feel like you’re progressing anything.

Problem is, none of them were fun in the slightest, which is what games are supposed to be about.
  • The rewards in dungeons are so random and in the second day and today the boosts don't even work. I use toy soldier valkin and got exactely the same amount of corn as yesterday without cracking any pumpkin and geting only silver chest on the same dungeon. Also the prizes are too high for the rewards given in dungeon. 4th or 5th p2w event in a row. At least if you would alternate events. I mean one p2w ecent and one "cheaper" event.
  • Half of the skins don't work when its said they should. I barely opened the app this weekend with all the bugs. Can't grind anything when half the time the skins aren't active.
  • sirtainly wrote: »
    I do play another game sometimes for hours but it presents a varied gaming experience (and does not require me to pay.)

What game is that? I would love something to fall back on when DB's gone.
  • @Skip_Holmes - I skipped both of those events because I calculated the grind times when they both started, deemed them impossible, and just did crowns. Did not bother re-checking after they patched it. I kind of regret missing the Drakk skin and the two elite festives (the two yellows, as it turns out, are meta defining). However, it firmly entrenched my decision to quit after winterfest, since I am forever lacking those two yellows for Zen.
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited December 2018
    echonap wrote: »
    @Skip_Holmes - I skipped both of those events because I calculated the grind times when they both started, deemed them impossible, and just did crowns. Did not bother re-checking after they patched it. I kind of regret missing the Drakk skin and the two elite festives (the two yellows, as it turns out, are meta defining). However, it firmly entrenched my decision to quit after winterfest, since I am forever lacking those two yellows for Zen.

I wouldn’t worry about missing the runes.

1-they are very likely to be available again during winterfest. Their typical MO is to give multiple chances on those. How many purple and green energy runes do you have? How many UH? How many tank? Anyone missing them the first time around got lots more chances.

2-I wouldn’t call them meta defining. They give you slightly faster/easier wins. But if you were already serious about pvp, you were winning 95%+ quickly and easily anyway. Without the festives, you’ll do just as well as you used to since they don’t change defenses at all. Plus, we know a new hero is about to come out, and who knows what that will change. The “meta” is never the same for long, and the needed runes are never the same for long.
  • What yellow runes?
  • I hope they put something worth buying in the event shop today. I think they are punishing players for getting too much corn.
  • Two yellow energy runes to give Zen +5 energy so he can enlighten on first turn
  • @echonap - you will get them as soon as Zen is nerfed to require 6 of them. ☹️
  • Better make it 7 unless you just want zen+ekko to be the meta
  • @Joel Got my guild rewards and surprisingly it has the trick or treat shade skin even though I already have it. Shouldn't it change out to 3 heroic summons?
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
    I can no longer stand the direction of this game nor the insulting way issues are dealt with
  • It's there you just can't see it twice
  • Nope, this event was a total bust. Horrible, gotten 5 candy corn per run and with the skins boost I got 120, another pay to win event. Looks like I'll never get that ultimate skin which btw would of been VERY USEFUL TO MY UNDEAD TEAM
    0/10 One of the freakin worst.
    Join The Common Cold! With Disease and Chill on our side, we shall spread The Common Cold! become a Common Cold Member today!
  • It wants bad. Manual runs i got from 5- 600 and got lucky by getting 600 multiple times, didn't buy boost. Low payouts but I still got Warlord Yorick skin that I wamted!
    He was chill, never lost his cool, always won because frost bites.
  • I played casually, picked up one of the 9K skins, didn't really want, nothing else left to buy at the end of the event. At one point they had tokens for..Craw. was it? I would have bought those but they flew from the shop in the turntable-item-display shop. I really don't like not being able to plan purchases.

I played casually as I did my dailies for my guild. I'm not optimistic about the next few events and am slowly lowering my playing time....
  • DB winterfest better be good...
  • This event was harder because there were more requirements to get higher candy drops. In the events last year, you just had to meet 1 condition to get x2 payout. For this past event, if you had all the 3 skins for each day, ran the 5 stamina event dungeon Creepy Castle, you would see the same drops as last year in a let's say Th Vault, with 25 being low and around 125-150 being the average. As a 7 day event, the 150k was doable without paying.

The irritation is not allowing all the purchasable items available throughout the entire event and on the last day.