PLEASE READ: Update Account Registration Changes and ***HERO FILTERING***

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited January 8 in Announcements
(1/8): Our Amazon update is now live! https://www.amazon.com/Boss-Fight-Entertainment-Dungeon-Edition/dp/B07KCRDQF2

(12/18): We are aware of a few issues that are impacting player account transfers and logins. One issue is related to players who changed the email connected to their Big Fish account after they created it, and there is another where some players are getting stuck on the login screen. BOth issues are being investigated. I have also changed 'hero sorting' to say 'hero filtering' as that is more accurate. In addition, I've added one other change to the patch notes related to hero ascensions that does not impact any heroes that are currently available, but will impact future hero releases. I hadn't included it initially since it doesn't impact current heroes, but I had forgotten that there is a visible UI change on current heroes, so I should have included it to prevent confusion.

NOTE: This update will be going live on Apple and Google today (12/17). Due to issues with Amazon, the Amazon update will be coming in a few days. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE register your account before you update your game. We will not be forcing updates until a few days from now, so you still have time! If you encounter any account issues, please contact customer support HERE.

Hey everyone,

We're going to be releasing an update in the coming days that you will need to download from your app store.

This update shifts game accounts from Big Fish to Boss Fight. Account transfer procedures will vary depending on your device and if/how you have registered your account before the update takes place.

***In general, if you have not already registered your account in some fashion, we highly recommend that you do so! You can register your account by tapping the button in the upper left corner of the town screen (the one that shows your level and username), going to the “Options” tab, and tapping the “Show Account” button.***

Account Update Procedures:

Updating on iOS or Google Play Devices:
  • I have not registered my account: As long as you are playing on the same device and the app is updated without uninstalling the old version, your account should be updated automatically!
  • I have registered my account via Facebook or Google account: You will be prompted to reauthorize your Facebook login after updating. No further action will be required.
  • I have registered my account via Big Fish Games (email address/password login): As long as you are playing on the same device and the app is updated without uninstalling the old app, your account will be updated automatically! HOWEVER, the next time you log out and log back in, you will need to reauthorize your account by going through the password reset procedure. If you attempt to log in before reauthorizing, a popup will appear telling you what to do. This will only happen the first time you log out and log back in after updating. If you are playing on a new device or are reinstalling the game for the first time following this update, you will be prompted to reauthorize your account upon attempting to log in.

Updating on Amazon Devices:
  • I have not registered my account: Due to how Amazon handles app ownership transfers, player account transfer for players who have not registered their accounts is more complicated than on other platforms. We apologize for the inconvenience and will do our best to make the transfer process as seamless as possible! After updating, you will be given a new account and will need to contact customer support to have your old account transferred manually. When contacting customer support, please be sure to include the DBID of the new account that you are given AND the DBID or Username of the account that you are looking to recover.
  • I have registered my account via Facebook or Google account: You will be prompted to reauthorize your Facebook login after updating or logging in for the first time after updating. No further action will be required.
  • I have registered my account via a Big Fish Account (email address/password login): You will need to reauthorize your account by going through the password reset procedure. If you attempt to log in before reauthorizing, a popup will appear telling you what to do. This will only happen the first time you log out and log back in after updating. If you are playing on a new device or are reinstalling the game for the first time following this update, you will be prompted to reauthorize your account upon attempting to log in.

Other Updates:
  • ***Hero Filtering in the Hero Collection and all team selection screens!*** IT’S HERE! IT’S FINALLY HERE!!! (sobs hysterically)
  • Easier Evo Access: You can now buy Evos from Character Cards when looking at where to find a needed evo.
  • You will see stars listed on hero ascension pages now. All heroes released as of this update are NOT having their ascension requirements changed, but future heroes will have to be at a certain star level to be ascended.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• No doubt this will be as smooth and bug-free as your events. Good luck everyone!!
  • God bless you, everyone.

I hope to see you all on the other side!
  • Thank you for the very detailed instructions!
    Level - 80
    Guild- VIP LIFE
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
  • With hero sorting...I’m hoping to see different filters. Element type, star rating, hero level, family (barb, monster, etc), hero class (warrior, healer, caster, etc).

I’m excited to see the celestial evo change as well. I really don’t want to see them added to the cash shop, but it would be nice to be able to click a hero where it shows the hero that needs that evo. instead of seeing the hero from the list then backing out to find that hero to see how many it needs to be ascended.

Thanks for all that you guys do.
  • Brace yourself, a DB appstore update is coming. :p
  • No doubt this will be as smooth and bug-free as your events. Good luck everyone!!
    pkyne355 wrote: »
    With hero sorting...I’m hoping to see different filters.....

I can picture it now....
    you sort your heroes, and the ones you sort disappear from your hero selection screen and you can never use them again.

DB will tell you to uninstall and reinstall, and when you do, those heroes have been removed from your roster.

NOTE: devs, don't get any ideas from this!!
  • Joel wrote: »
    ***In general, if you have not already registered your account in some fashion, we highly recommend that you do so! You can register your account by tapping the button in the upper left corner of the town screen (the one that shows your level and username), going to the “Options” tab, and tapping the “Show Account” button.***

How does this register an account? This is how I sign out of an account. Is there another step to registering an account that you left out of these instructions?
  • sirolk99 wrote: »
    Brace yourself, a DB appstore update is coming. :p

How did you NOT create a meme with Sean Bean for this? Wasted opportunity. lol
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited December 2018
    My very best wishes for a good hero sorting menu - the game has needed it for a long time. I hope it does what I hope it does.

For the evos:

...as I was leveling, I found it very convenienct when tapping on a needed evo taking me right to the evo questing/crafting options. I hope the new option of tapping on an evo to "purchase" it deosn't make that less easy.

That would be a step back in design, in my opinion.

(But then, a lot of things happening lately that differ from my opinion. I'm about at the point where I'm simply not going to look at any events - the drops are way too skimpy without ponying up $$$ and the constant drumbeat for money is starting to get on my nerves.)
  • I have my eyes wide shut my fists clenched my jaw clamped and my back braced and I will still come out of this looking like a car wreck victim or my acc will be in a coma
  • Does anyone really care about hero sorting. Seems like a waste
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited December 2018
    Drocas wrote: »
    Does anyone really care about hero sorting. Seems like a waste

I think a lot of people do. Pre-set team slots, consistency between various selection screens, customizable order. All would be awesome. But we aren’t getting any of that. They are giving us filtering, not true sorting. It’s just going to be “show only dwarves” or whatever type filters that help new players. The rest of us will never really bother because it’s just a bunch of extra clicks getting in the way.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    NekoAtsume wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »

How does this register an account? This is how I sign out of an account. Is there another step to registering an account that you left out of these instructions?

That opens the account sign in/registration form. Tapping the button doesn't instantly register you, it gets you to the registration interface.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Registration is free!!!!
  • Joel wrote: »
    NekoAtsume wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »

That opens the account sign in/registration form. Tapping the button doesn't instantly register you, it gets you to the registration interface.

So, if this shows up, I’m registered? w764ig2ty48s.png
  • echonap wrote: »
    How did you NOT create a meme with Sean Bean for this? Wasted opportunity. lol
    Here ya go...

brace-yourself-a-5c12c3.jpg

• NekoAtsume wrote: »
    So, if this shows up, I’m registered?
    Yes...

• Everyone should be wary of this. You'll probably need to buy a $5 quest bundle first, do some quests, and then hero sorting will be the reward.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    Everyone should be wary of this. You'll probably need to buy a $5 quest bundle first, do some quests, and then hero sorting will be the reward.

you mean available to buy in the shop?
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • Drocas wrote: »
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    Everyone should be wary of this. You'll probably need to buy a $5 quest bundle first, do some quests, and then hero sorting will be the reward.

you mean available to buy in the shop?

haha yes, sorry.
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited December 2018
    shiggity80 wrote: »

The "Hero Sorting Loot Pass", lasts 24 hours.
  • I hear hero sorting will be easy:

rogue Jerrys, Tank Jerrys, healer Jerrys, etc.

• @Joel it's great that you guys finally implemented hero sorting but please let us use multiple filters at the same time. It's not much of an improvement without multiple filtering. I think that's what the cumunity wanted and not just one filter.
  • edited December 2018
    Attempting update on tablet. Game frozen one half way through login screen for 5 minutes now. Another example of "quality" Bossfight programming. Thanks, guys. Android tablet, Insignia model NS-P11A8100 Android version 7.0.

* UPDATE* App frozen on login screen for 10 minutes. Now attempting an uninstall and reinstall. Google play store, same tablet.

* Update* Rebooted tablet, error continues.

* Update * Powered off tablet, attempted to open app, issue continues.

* Update * Uninstalled app, powered off tablet, left for 10 minutes, downloaded app from play store, installed, attempt to open, SAME ISSUE CONTINUES.

A note, my not updated emulator copy works fine. There is a 10 or so second pause at the loading (login) screen, then it goes to loading (post login, 3 sec) and continues as normal from there with preloading (20 sec) and finished (2 sec) then the "tap to play" message.

At this point, my tablet copy has been frozen at the end of the Loading...(login) sequence for 20 minutes.
    Post edited by unknown_player on
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• Attempting update on tablet. Game frozen one half way through login screen for 5 minutes now. Another example of "quality" Bossfight programming. Thanks, guys. Android tablet, Insignia model NS-P11A8100 Android version 7.0.

* UPDATE* App frozen on login screen for 10 minutes. Now attempting an uninstall and reinstall. Google play store, same tablet.

* Update* Rebooted tablet, error continues.

...weird I am not even seeing an option to update my Android device in Google Play?
  • Game freezes loading like everyone else.
  • @unknown_player thanks for the heads up. Will wait to update.
  • NekoAtsumeNekoAtsume Member
    edited December 2018
    So, I’m trying to log into my Level 80, VIP 10 account and THIS **** shows up AFTER I posted in here, showing a screenshot in which I did what you said to do. WTF?!

ev0ttgrjro2h.png
  • I started a topic in Bugs and fixes on this, and apparently, as I chose to replicate the information posted here within that topic, some Noble Keyboard Warrior chose to flag it as spam.
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• I cannot even submit a help request because I have to have my NEW DBID — which I cannot get because I cannot log in — in order to submit the **** help request.