Build Your Own Jerry in the Build A Jerr Workshop!

2»

Comments

• I looked. The runes, blessings, everything except tickets are given back.
    @icereaperpick you can see the future?!
  • No, I saw somewhere. Don't remember where. Maybe a glitch if others didn't see it.
    He was chill, never lost his cool, always won because frost bites.
  • There’s this:
    80bvgcuxdos5.jpeg
    But you’d have to have faith in Dungeon Bug’s ability to throughly QA their code. I can’t remember the last event that didn’t have bugs...
  • I looked. The runes, blessings, everything except tickets are given back.

We should make a pool bet on how many posts will claim they never got their runes back.. 5 million gold gamble.
    Don’t you wish it was easier, wish you were better.
  • MelofSteel wrote: »
    I looked. The runes, blessings, everything except tickets are given back.

We should make a pool bet on how many posts will claim they never got their runes back.. 5 million gold gamble.

Agree if we actually could through game.
    There’s this:
    80bvgcuxdos5.jpeg
    But you’d have to have faith in Dungeon Bug’s ability to throughly QA their code. I can’t remember the last event that didn’t have bugs...

This has been my favorite event since I joined in august( not forums ).
    He was chill, never lost his cool, always won because frost bites.
  • Another busted event. Purchased the 9.99 unlimited PvP Raid in the "Event Shop", sorry to say there is no such thing....yeah I got my 8 raid tickets with the purchase, after they were spent.....no dice on unlimited. My **** is starting to hurt and I did not even drop the soap this time....
  • See, I keep saying that if you don't spend money you will not be disappointed.
  • Yep, the Unlimited PvP Pass gives 8 tickets and that’s it.
  • For a couple of bucks, I would buy the option in the shop to just see this.

78az44d4dn69.jpeg
  • Loving this event.
    Something different.
    Nice job DB.
    Not that boring this time.
    To bad, to compete u have to buy the unlimited PVP pass.
    But tbh its fairly cheap......
  • It is a fun event, but I immediately ceased grinding for tickets when you dropped the boss island yield down from 2000 to 500. Now, it is simply not worth the stamina...and to reduce yield MID EVENT!? Why not keep the yield at 2k and allow more of your free2play folks to enjoy the event?
    My 2 cents: make boss island yield 2k tickets again!
  • I know which direction they are going in: they tread the path to their games self destruction as well as that of Bossfight itself.
    Total Zomminionation.
  • Pay to 6 star jerry so he just poofs later and when he comes back he will be at 3 stars again lol.
  • This could have been a great event. Almost redemptive event. But BF can’t help but poop the bed.

The good:

- Fun concept. Building and rebuilding with random options was really, really fun.
    - Initial ticket drop amounts. When the event started, it was a generous but appropriate amount of tickets dropped.

The bad:

- Keeping your crappy programming (aka bugs) streak alive. A raid pass you pay for not working. Rebuild buttons pointing to the wrong Jerry, etc.
    @itty code. Then, when the dollars aren’t rolling in, stop throttling things mid stream, thusly absolutely cornholing anyone who wasn’t able to participate early, and making it impossible for them to catch up on the leaderboards. You do this constantly but never learn from it - wreaths last year, malice in a recent event, etc.
    - You agreed level 30’s shouldn’t be able to compete with 80’s. Just [email protected]@ing fix it already.

Your player base is shrinking daily. Many eyes are on Winterfest. If you guys [email protected]@ that up, you might as well all update your profiles on indeed dot com.
  • If anyone here has actually done software/game Q/A and/or programming, you'd know what a terribly complicated and unforgiving task it can be; consider all the variables, all the options, all the tiers of player, character, level, rune, etc, and then consider how much time and how many people it actually takes to test ALL THE PERMUTATIONS. Mathematically the odds of doing so are slim to none; even with a 100 person test team (which never even happened on platform systems in the 90's, even with games that could be played by 8 people simultaneously).

That said, with this knowledge, there are many things that CAN be done to assure the ongoing quality of software-- namely educated development and programming choices. Seems to me most of these issues are around those choices, not actual BUGS in gameplay. If you pay for something and don't get it, it may not actually be a bug, but a one-off that will happen in a blue moon.

Yes, money is a concern; you've got to pay those programmers and producers and testers...... all of them. And guess what-- all those people aren't computers-- they're people, who make mistakes and bad choices.

I'm not real crazy about this event either-- but consider where we are in game development (big handoff about to happen). Lots of folks stepping off, lots of folks ramping up....... but what it will ultimately become is the question...... for now, this is a creative little event, without much impact on future gameplay-- more a time-waster to keep us entertained while the "new new" is built, developed and tested tested tested (and no, it still won't be enough).
    The Road To Rome was paved with blood.
    Rome must fall.
  • If anyone here has actually done software/game Q/A and/or programming, you'd know what a terribly complicated and unforgiving task it can be; consider all the variables, all the options, all the tiers of player, character, level, rune, etc, and then consider how much time and how many people it actually takes to test ALL THE PERMUTATIONS. Mathematically the odds of doing so are slim to none; even with a 100 person test team (which never even happened on platform systems in the 90's, even with games that could be played by 8 people simultaneously).

That said, with this knowledge, there are many things that CAN be done to assure the ongoing quality of software-- namely educated development and programming choices. Seems to me most of these issues are around those choices, not actual BUGS in gameplay. If you pay for something and don't get it, it may not actually be a bug, but a one-off that will happen in a blue moon.

Yes, money is a concern; you've got to pay those programmers and producers and testers...... all of them. And guess what-- all those people aren't computers-- they're people, who make mistakes and bad choices.

I'm not real crazy about this event either-- but consider where we are in game development (big handoff about to happen). Lots of folks stepping off, lots of folks ramping up....... but what it will ultimately become is the question...... for now, this is a creative little event, without much impact on future gameplay-- more a time-waster to keep us entertained while the "new new" is built, developed and tested tested tested (and no, it still won't be enough).

If my team released “finished” product half as buggy as this, we’d all be unemployed. You don’t need a test team near 100 people, and if you can’t be bothered there are third party QA companies out there.
  • MonkeyHunterMonkeyHunter Member
    edited December 2018
    @3xtrat3rr35tr1al Honestly how hard is it to test that event shop items are accurate, event quests are working as intended and drop rates for 3 classes of dungeon are working as intended.

Fixing the problem is another issue, but basic testing, what the player base is SCREAMING for, seems dead simple.
  • Jerry
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited December 2018
    I have done multiuser software and game development and Q/A, and I can attest to how difficult development can be, especially in a multi-tool multi-platform environment where the tools all often have unique and difficult limitations. Its always frustrating when users think you can just wave a magic wand and give them what they want, functioning perfectly, with a flip of a switch, with no idea of the complexity involved. However, I think a few of the recurring event-related problems here are rookie mistakes and could be caught by even the most cursory linear testing or even just a quick data table check or two.

I think the bigger problem(s) here is/are monetization and marketing policies, reward payouts and game balance, and how the company appears to react when the inevitable problems arise. In my view, there is at least a big perception problem, and a communications disconnect with decision makers, at a minimum.

tldr; people won't mind bugs if they're enjoying the game and feel dealt with respectfully and equitably.

If anyone here has actually done software/game Q/A and/or programming, you'd know what a terribly complicated and unforgiving task it can be; consider all the variables, all the options, all the tiers of player, character, level, rune, etc, and then consider how much time and how many people it actually takes to test ALL THE PERMUTATIONS. Mathematically the odds of doing so are slim to none; even with a 100 person test team (which never even happened on platform systems in the 90's, even with games that could be played by 8 people simultaneously).

• Some developers have problems with testing anxiety.

Here are some strategies that may help reduce your test anxiety:

Learn how to study efficiently. ...
    Study early and in similar places. ...
    Establish a consistent pretest routine. ...
    Talk to your teacher. ...
    Learn relaxation techniques. ...
    Don't forget to eat and drink. ...
    Get some exercise. ...
    Get plenty of sleep.
  • The overwhelming majority of bugs in events turn up in the first 10 minutes of event play. Here is a very simple rule of thumb. Event bugs that FAVOR players (YOUR CUSTOMERS) should be left in place until the end of the event, then corrected in the next event. Bugs that are harmful to players should be corrected as soon as possible and HEAVILY compensated for. If an average player lost 20 of a resource to a bug, give them 200 of that resource and something extra.

What would the result of this policy be?

A happy, loyal, player (CUSTOMER, CUSTOMER, CUSTOMER) base that trusts Bossfight to treat them well, is patient with bugs and errors because they know they will be compensated more than fairly for any losses, and is willing to spend to support a game they love and enjoy.

CUSTOMER

SERVICE

Decide what you want and work toward it. Your move, Bossfight.
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• bvs72 wrote: »
    Some developers have problems with testing anxiety.

Here are some strategies that may help reduce your test anxiety:

Learn how to study efficiently. ...
    Study early and in similar places. ...
    Establish a consistent pretest routine. ...
    Talk to your teacher. ...
    Learn relaxation techniques. ...
    Don't forget to eat and drink. ...
    Get some exercise. ...
    Get plenty of sleep.

Jerry:

Learns
    Studies
    Establishes
    Talks
    Relaxes
    Drinks