Tired of all of those Underworld recruitment messages?

No, of course you’re not. Because we don’t typically recruit. But let’s face it, the talent pool is getting shallower by the day.

So we are considering taking on a few top guns. That’s right...if you’re a major league player, there might be a spot for you in the guild that has held the #1 spots on all of the leaderboards for, well for as long as I can remember.

Other than the glory that comes from being a denizen of the Underworld, why should you consider leaving your current dumpster fire of a guild to come to us?

Well here’s a couple reasons...

1. We always get the top tier reward, for the minimum required effort. Spend a ton of cash for a title? Nah, we’re happy with 2nd place with the same runes, etc. without giving up a large portion of that cash we got from that Nigerian prince. Plus we get more free time to spend with supermodels.

2. Ever hear about our website, complete with database of runes, etc? It’s amazing...find all of your runes, make a quick picture of builds to share with fellow guildmates, see event history, and much, much more. Our Khensu could probably squash some bugs for BF...he’s that good.

3. Yeah, I’ve heard of Taterbot. He’s ok, but our bot would kick his **** in a cage match. Aside from filling line chat with hilarious banter, he even posts pictures when appropriate. Feeling lonely? He’ll chat with you for hours.

4. Want to hang with DB celebrities like Momdukz? We got ‘em.

5. Yes, that muppet lives in The Underworld.

If you’re interested, hit me up on Line - Monkeynuts00. If you’ve already blocked me on Line, any of the other Underworld officers would love to chat with you.

If this post offended you, we’re probably not the place for you.

Comments

• Hey I get approximately 0.06 crowns per week. Can you hit me up with a spot?

I want Hagrim tokens.
  • Dbbot ist doch Alkoholiker :)
  • KMaKZz wrote: »
    Dbbot ist doch Alkoholiker :)

If he isn’t already, he soon will be.
  • Mo Moncaí, mo ghrá! Tá tú iontach.
    I will yeah...Momdukz ™️
  • I think that translates to “Monkey, get back to your cage.”
  • momdukz wrote: »
    Mo Moncaí, mo ghrá! Tá tú iontach.

No go bhfuil tú! <3
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    I think that translates to “Monkey, get back to your cage.”

Close...it’s more like “Monkey, come back to my cage”. ‘Nacks are implied.
  • the wrath guilds would be happy to welcome all of you to our family.

we don't have the muppet, but we have me- for better or worse.
    In addition our recruitment messages are really cool.
    and we don't mind Spiderman memes.
    Really.

• danac wrote: »
    the wrath guilds would be happy to welcome all of you to our family.

Really.

No thank you.
    I will yeah...Momdukz ™️
  • Here’s a peek at one of the many things possible from our website...

hxpvr5tjtrqt.jpeg
  • Monkeynuts wrote: »
    Here’s a peek at one of the many things possible from our website...

hxpvr5tjtrqt.jpeg
    Wow, why can’t we get this in-game? Oh, right, no profit in enhancing user experience.
  • I bet you can see everyone else's heroes and runes, too.
    I see ... It shows how broken the game is.
  • Schnuppe wrote: »
    I bet you can see everyone else's heroes and runes, too.

Surprising that functionality also already exists in game. Try clicking around you’ll find it eventually.
  • Really? I know I can examine other players' profile, see their defense heroes and collection. But I can't see their heroes' stats nor their runes. With "runes" I mean the all 4 stats of the rune, not only the icon and the meaningless name. And runes on heroes and inventory.
    Really? I know I can examine other players' profile, see their defense heroes and collection. But I can't see their heroes' stats nor their runes. With "runes" I mean the all 4 stats of the rune, not only the icon and the meaningless name. And runes on heroes and inventory.

You can see everyone’s hero collection, stars, and skins. Db intended runes to be part of that display like most games that show full player profiles to one another to not only show off collections but to entice other players to pay for similar content. Of course though like hero sorting and all the pvp bugs they never got around to adding the runes to that screen. They were too busy worrying about things that make them money like these Jerry’s and less about player experience and bugs. You can join us for more intel and wisdom though apply in line ;)

Rune display is not broken, just unfinished? The information is available to any player. It is not a secret or a hack. We just have a better coders then Big Fish. corrbhastard lánaimseartha, Maith thú
    I will yeah...Momdukz ™️
    Schnuppe wrote: »
    We just have a better coders then Big Fish.

And decision makers I would assume?
    Schnuppe wrote: »
    We just have a better coders then Big Fish.

And decision makers I would assume?

Aye, we still have our original GM and guild name. Seems to have worked well.
    I will yeah...Momdukz ™️
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited December 2018
    Oh boy, third party access to player data and who is authorized to develop utilities and who is allowed to use those utilities.

Talk about opening up a can of worms....game balance (information "haves" and "have nots")..revenue..data security...

My head hurts just thinking about it. Seems like so many games have to struggle with this issue...
  • momdukzmomdukz Member
    edited December 2018
    sirtainly wrote: »
    Oh boy, third party access to player data.

Talk about opening up a can of worms.

My head hurts thinking about it. Seems like so many games have to struggle with this issue...

Is it third party access if you are the party? You have the same info as everyone else playing, we just know how to compile it to be user friendly.
    I will yeah...Momdukz ™️
  • Wow. Just wow. So very glad I am where I am.

Feeling is mutual
    I will yeah...Momdukz ™️
  • sirtainly wrote: »
    Oh boy, third party access to player data and who is authorized to develop utilities and who is allowed to use those utilities.

Talk about opening up a can of worms....game balance (information "haves" and "have nots")..revenue..data security...

My head hurts just thinking about it. Seems like so many games have to struggle with this issue...

Just to be perfectly clear, we are not doing anything that violates the TOS and BF knows exactly what we’re up to. (Would I post it to their forum otherwise?)
  • ROFL...Nietzsche quotes for using an API. Shouldn’t you be retiring for the third time?
    danac wrote: »
    the wrath guilds would be happy to welcome all of you to our family.

Really.

No thank you.

we still love you
  • Be careful when fighting monsters, you do not yourself become a monster. When you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you.

It was love at first sight, me and the abyss.
    I could get lost in its deep deep eyes.
    I fell head over heels.
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited December 2018
    (...restrains self from replying further....)

(...This is not the place nor the time...)

(...The only winning move here is not to play...)

wow..just wow...Nietzsche...tough act to follow.

"Man looks in the abyss, there’s nothing staring back at him. At that moment, man finds his character. And that is what keeps him out of the abyss."

• There are those who believe "if the game allows it, it is acceptable and ethical". There are those who disagree. You all know where you stand. What price victory? Be careful when fighting monsters, you do not yourself become a monster. When you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you.

You sound like possible a bitter former player and that’s sad. And you speak as if you either have intel on how the site used to function or you are assuming you know how it functions today but you have no access and nothing to back up your false claims. It’s clear you are ignorant to the subject. Any here and anyone who joins and leaves knows better. We are constantly changing and improving the site and in its current form you must give consent to bring in your runes. Lastly if you’re worried about the morals of players hiding behind glass playing a game in their phone for nothing more then entertainment and fun then I think it’s times you get out of the house a little and venture into the real world.

And this is exactly why you should join Underworld, we don’t sweat the little things and we’re all just here trying to have fun playing a game. Let Underworld be your last stop on this crazy roller coaster you call Dungeon Boss.
  • Can I join even if I'm only level 62?
    He was chill, never lost his cool, always won because frost bites.
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited December 2018
    Honestly, I wish you folks all the success in the world of DB. I, personally, believe that ones ethics should be a factor in work or play. I have seen the power-gamer and munchkin philosophies destroy huge amounts of things I loved in my favorite tabletop games, and do not enjoy seeing that happen in DB. We all have different styles, and I prefer a more ethically restrictive one. I am not now, nor have I ever been a member of Underworld, the Potato family, Gensokyo, Level Capped, VVV, or any of the other power-gaming guilds, nor would I wish to be. I, personally, believe how we behave in private affects how we behave in the rest of our lives. I have been an active part of the tabletop, console, computer, and online gaming worlds for over 40 years.

Our foci are so radically different, I don't believe I can even begin to explain how I find a more restricted style rewarding. In the eyes of many, I probably come off as a weak, whiny, loser who is unwilling to do what is necessary to win. So be it. Understand that neither criticism nor disagreement are "hating". I respect successful guilds and players for their skill, while at the same time being unwilling to make what I consider the ethical sacrifices necessary to emulate them.

Just to add some perspective here: I’m a fairly new member of UW who went in hearing all the stories and criticisms that you’re perpetuating here. I can easily say that top guilds are nothing like what you’re thinking. There’s no crazy daily struggle to “be the best” or “powergame” or “push the boundaries” or whatever you’re thinking. It’s just a group of mostly relaxed people goofing around and teasing each other and having fun.

I’m free to play, have no trouble (from either a time or resource standpoint) hitting the guild targets that are set for competitive events, and have not seen anything even the slightest bit ethically dubious going on. It’s all very laid back.
    I’d recommend any daily player who wants to earn elite runes consistently to apply and check it out.

What do you find unethical about using a homemade interface to see and sort and share your rune builds? What “powergamer”mentality is being used there? Who is being hurt by it and how? Honestly asking, because I’m having trouble understanding your viewpoint at all. It’s just saving time and frustration.