2 things are ruining the game. Grinding pvp and money

Two things are ruining the game. First is the killing of pvp. Now, with all perks like can't take damage, immune to every thing, silencing from the beginning, resurrection, and so forth a pvp match takes way too long. Use to a person could jump on, play a couple of games in a couple of minutes. Now unless you have 30 minutes it's not worth playing.

Second is you are ruining events. They are not worth the grind. Before you could grind hard and at least get a good rune. Now to get any thing worth a little effort you have to drop money. I don't mind spending a little but I'm not dropping 20 for every event.

Greed kills all mobile games.

Comments

• just dont spend, the game is thoroughly enjoyable once I stopped spending.. I did however buy one of those 8.99 loot passes during the frightmare fest to boos my candy corn and it was really worth it.
  • That's not the only point, by far. The grinding for nothing is unrewarding and boring. A single pvp match taking 10 minutes is nothing but frustrating.
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited December 2018
    Not sure what level you are, but I find pvp to be far too fast most of the time. Each match is decided by mid-way through the first round, and then 2nd round is just cleanup. Damage is so high that there’s no strategy during the match, no recovery from RNG, no decisions to make. Just a formulaic “this team will always beat that team” approach generally revolving around Valkin.
  • edited December 2018
    If you’re tired of DB constantly screwing players and making mistakes, consider checking out Looney Toons World of Mayhem. It’s very similar in terms of gameplay, but with some nice changes:
    -No quick loot keys (can do for just stamina)
    -PvP is free to play (no tickets required)
    -IAPs are not ridiculously overpriced
    -Tells you exact odds in portal
    -Game can’t possibly be run worse than DB (seems like game is made with Spaghetti code and impossible to maintain at this point)

I used to play DB daily, but the grind and screwing players over on a monthly basis ruined it for me. I check back occasionally to see if things somehow improved, but clearly they have not. Hopefully some of you will find this useful.
  • Not sure what level you are, but I find pvp to be far too fast most of the time. Each match is decided by mid-way through the first round, and then 2nd round is just cleanup. Damage is so high that there’s no strategy during the match, no recovery from RNG, no decisions to make. Just a formulaic “this team will always beat that team” approach generally revolving around Valkin.

I'm a 79.I'm at the second tier from the top. Everyone has either barbarians that don't die, Solaris and beasts that never stay dead, assassins you can't hit, or dwarves. If these groups are gemmed really well its almost impossible to win unless you have money gems. Now with the new character who cayenne everyone to start silenced it's just hurting the experience.
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    edited December 2018
    If you’re tired of DB constantly screwing players and making mistakes, consider checking out Looney Toons World of Mayhem. It’s very similar in terms of gameplay, but with some nice changes:
    -No quick loot keys (can do for just stamina)
    -PvP is free to play (no tickets required)
    -IAPs are not ridiculously overpriced
    -Tells you exact odds in portal
    -Game can’t possibly be run worse than DB (seems like game is made with Spaghetti code and impossible to maintain at this point) ...

Thanks @DungeonRunner19 just finished tutorial, think I found a DB replacement if Winter Fest sucks [email protected]! :)
    Line Chatroom (Open To All): https://line.me/R/ti/g/al7tusSpF9
    Post edited by sirolk99 on
  • Have you guys read about the new hero? Talk about way over powered.
  • Another thing that is awful now is the tower. It's not close to worth the time. Nothing but frustrating.
  • Pvp and spending money is what game is about
  • Don't be mindless. Of course that's what any game is about. Though for any game the larger compliment of players either don't spend or spend very little. If you run those players off the community becomes too small and the game dies. Greed kills so many pvp games. The trick is to keep the the non spenders by keeping them happy while giving the spenders a reason to spend. To attain this long term you mainly have spending speed things up, not equal power and massive advantages.

This isn't the only issue with the new ownership. They are making the game way too much of a grind. Things like having to get 20 water runes and 20 fire heroes is just frustrating and not fun. The tower of pownage. Not even worth the time. Too many characters now take too long to kill. Pvp matches taking 5 to 10 minutes each. Etc
  • If pvp takes you 5-10 minutes, you’re doing it wrong.