Patch Notes: December 18th, 2018 (Update 4)

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited December 2018 in Patch Notes
  • Emily and Valkin are no longer Immune to all debuffs and now have Impervious (Cannot be Poisoned, Burned, Frozen, Chilled, Envenomed, Shocked, nor Diseased)

Update 2:
  • Fixed Zulkodd third ascension token art.
  • Added mention of wreath multiplier when using skins in dungeons. The boost has been active the entire time, but wasn't mentioned on the event image. Use a skin, get 2x wreaths!

Update 3:
  • Enemies using Light Nova in Holiday Hotsprings were causing an issue that prevented the dungeon from progressing. To resolve this issue as quickly as possible, we have simply removed Light Nova from enemy move lists. So the dungeon is now a bit easier too!
  • Fixed bug in Out Caroling that wouldn't count previous completions of event dungeons.
  • Made fixes to Holiday Hotsprings to make it's title card more festive and gave the boss a particularly menacing skin...

Update 4:
  • Altered the Northern Pole event dungeon to cost 10 stamina. Wreath payouts in the dungeon has not been altered. No other dungeons, event or normal campaign, have been altered in any way.

We are aware that some players are having trouble accessing their accounts after updating. If you are having difficulties, please contact customer support. We are actively working to have those accounts fixed.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• I can see the anger this will generate clear as day, I for one will absolutely enjoy these changes, thank you!
  • Interesting change. Off topic, but any idea when winterfest is coming? Tomorrow or Thursday? @Joel Thanks!
    Level - 80
    Guild- VIP LIFE
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
  • Good lord, even the event just showed up!
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    zqb5cd9hlg1n.png
  • JonahDennisJonahDennis Member
    edited December 2018
    This will help make Valkin not so op. I am tired of seeing Valkin and Emily on the same dwarf team.
  • No wreaths in sparklies, as far as I can tell.
  • This will help make Valkin not so op. I am tired of seeing Valkin and Emily on the same dwarf team.
    They had to nerf them so they can sell the new demon now.
  • Thanks for not disappointing me with Winterfest Boss Fight! I knew it was going to be a joke of an event and cost players a ton of real money to make it worth while and you sure didn’t let me down!
  • Update 4 - so we need to use twice the stamina and quickloot keys now to catch up to the players that took advantage of another DB screw up?
  • you snooze, you get screwed.

• danac wrote: »
    you snooze, you get screwed.

By you?
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    Update 4 - so we need to use twice the stamina and quickloot keys now to catch up to the players that took advantage of another DB screw up?

Yep.
  • As I stated in another post, the thing to do, in my opinion, with a bug that is not harmful to players once an event has been released, is to let the bug stand until the end of the event and correct it in the event template (you know they use those) before the next time the event is cycled in.
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• @Joel

I’m not getting same quests as guild mates. They are getting skin quests. I have no skin quests.
  • skatibian wrote: »
    @Joel

I’m not getting same quests as guild mates. They are getting skin quests. I have no skin quests.

What skin quests? For who? From what?

• Good work on announcing that HKV and Emily change in game or in advanced. Oh wait, you didn't and just let us figure crap out. Nicely done, once again.
  • SOS wrote: »
    Good work on announcing that HKV and Emily change in game or in advanced. Oh wait, you didn't and just let us figure crap out. Nicely done, once again.

I’m sure this was discussed in the summit and is what the player reps wanted.
  • What's "advanced"?
  • @sirtainly it’s a word with one too many d’s.
  • Scroom407Scroom407 Member
    edited December 2018
    I don't know why you would bother nerfing Valkin and Emily when you're adding in a pay to win legendary hero. I mean we've seen power creep before but jesus christ a fast demon that starts with an instant kill, gains that instant kill back on a team mates death, pierces shields and perma-burns with his first ability and wounds 100% on his basic move???

I've never wanted to play this game less. $20 for the opportunity to spend $200-$400 on keys? That's a Jingle hard PASS for me. I figured Winterfest would be bad after the last few events but wow, you blew me out of the water.
  • Scroom407 wrote: »
    Not to mention you stealth changed ascensions to be locked by stars, if anyone wants the new literally game breaking hero to be useful they have to pay through the nose. I figured Winterfest would be bad after the last few events but wow, you blew me out of the water.
    Wait... this mysterious number under/on the big yellow star is the number of stars that I need to ascend that hero?! You are telling me that ascensions are now locked by evos needed and STARS?!?
  • mhmzayedmhmzayed Member
    edited December 2018
    @Joel uninstall reinstall solution for login problem suggested by customer support is not working
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    @mhmzayed - Did you try uninstalling the game and installing a different game?
    Wow, this really works! I have hero sorting and all the bugs are gone.
  • @Joel

You failed to mention that when you changed the event dungeon to 10 stamina, anyone who quick looted it when it was 5 stamina was docked the extra 5 stamina/run. I never would have dropped 2000 stamina on that dungeon and would have grinded wreathes in 5 stamina dungeons as we've done since the beginning.

Last year, when wreathes were in the Greater Summon, you didn't steal them back after removing them.

This year, when Malice had an "OP" ability for the Boss Invasion, you didn't lower the trophies that were earned when she was OP. You didn't even bother fixing the Furnace - Free 50 Million Damage exploit until the next event.

Every time there's an exploit, you have let the people that jumped on it early keep the rewards for doing so. I'm sending in a ticket, but I lost 1,000 stamina on an event I was saving up to go gung-ho on for the guild, expecting to have X amount of stamina used each day. I'm now way under water. How was I supposed to know that it was supposed to be a 10 stamina dungeon??? It just looked like a good use of that stamina I had banked for the event.

Very disappointed, and that doesn't even get to the fact that for the first time ever during Winterfest, you put the new hero behind a paywall.

Shame on BF (joel, I know you're the mouthpiece and not the dev).
  • xandrew29 wrote: »
    @Joel

You failed to mention that when you changed the event dungeon to 10 stamina, anyone who quick looted it when it was 5 stamina was docked the extra 5 stamina/run.

WHAT?!? That is beyond absurd. Are you sure they docked you stamina?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    The change to the dungeon cost did not retroactively charge players, but there could have been another reason for the stamina loss. Please contact customer support about this and they'll look into your account.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Bloth wrote: »
    It’s ok that the development team is having some bugs in their programming. It’s only the 3rd year that this event has been released.

I'm pretty sure that the devs are really just random guys from fiverr, ongoingly rotated in so DB doesn't have to pay more than $5 per gig.