Winterfest

This is how Winterfest was last year. Is it still like this? After you open all doors you get to open every door again. That might sound confusing but what I mean is once you open all 14 doors with keys they all reset and you can open any door again. You don’t have to open them in order after they reset. It’s still the same stuff just another chance to get more. I don’t want to sound rude but the current event has been going on for 3 days almost 4 and we still don’t have a update on if everything is the same as last years Winterfest minus it just going on for less days. I only like to have a event forms post so I know if anything has changed. If it’s the same as last year all you had to do is go to last years Winterfests form post and just copy and repost it.

Comments

• MonkeyHunterMonkeyHunter Member
    edited December 2018
    Yeah, it’s surprising they haven’t added an event post to the forum. This event is already materially different from previous winterfests with 2 sets of doors. It’d be foolish to assume it works the same as last year. @joel -bi Wan Kenobi, you’re our only hope.
  • The silence is deafening.
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• It’s a surprise. Whatever happens will be what is intended.
  • The silence is deafening.

I can still hear okay
  • Doors can be open a 2nd time in any order after opening all the doors the first time.
  • fgaspozfgaspoz Member
    edited December 2018
    Rocksor wrote: »
    Doors can be open a 2nd time in any order after opening all the doors the first time.

I would like it to be the case but it is not what is announced in the info of the quest...
  • Still no forum post from devs detailing the event. Shenanigans sense tingling.

• Event nerf vs lack of detailed information.

The epic battle rages on.

zoj9auaqsweu.png
  • I am all for saying they have been busy but it doesn’t take 5+ days to make a forums post. It seems almost as if they are being lazy. It wouldn’t be such a big deal but most of the information about events is through the forums. I know it’s not @Joel ‘s fault. They are not helping their game stay alive when they start making it P2W and now not even making forums posts. At least say something on this post @Joel @DB_Stanley so we know you are reading this and not just ignoring this post.
  • I am all for saying they have been busy but it doesn’t take 5+ days to make a forums post. It seems almost as if they are being lazy. It wouldn’t be such a big deal but most of the information about events is through the forums. I know it’s not @Joel ‘s fault. They are not helping their game stay alive when they start making it P2W and now not even making forums posts. At least say something on this post @Joel @DB_Stanley so we know you are reading this and not just ignoring this post.

How do you know it's not Joel's fault?
  • I am saying it’s not Joel’s fault because he is most likely just the spokesperson. There is other people who write on the forums to. It might be partly Joel’s fault but not all his fault. I have seen a couple of other devs post in the forums before.
  • edited December 2018
    I have writen this in many other posts, just maybe a dev will see my opinion. The winterfest event SUCKS. First things first, this is the most expensive event the has ever had and (secondly) for those who don't get the pass, the "free" calendar is so f'ing bad. I still have a little hope that the game will return to how it was before august or september, when it was free to play for all and when events were good and enjoyable.
  • Super lame doors this year. No timed buffs. No runes for wreaths. No tokens in sparklies or wreaths, just the same two mats and two evos.. Wreath payout is skewed. Before you'd get more wreath per stamina with the higher costing dungeons, now all dungeon payouts are fixed. At least give the same scale wreaths per stamina dungeon - it's not worth running any other dungeon, period. And PvP yields no wreaths.

This event is just dull. I haven't even been tempted to buy the gem/wreath gold keys yet... Definitely no interest on spending any money for gold keys so far.

Wake up DB. You need to restructure your creative department or hire one.
    Don’t you wish it was easier, wish you were better.
  • You may remember that when barbs were released, they talked a bit about the end of the game. Does this mean that the end is approaching or is closer than we or just me espect?
  • Why end this game when everyone loves it. Go back to where everyone can have fun for free and paying makes it easier. If they keep the game alive and fun the community will just grow bigger and that’s more potential money that they could make. They are missing the big picture. I fill like they need to add more guild events. I like having to work as a guild for rewards and the rewards should not just be 1st 2nd 3rd but reach a certain amount of points/tickets during the event. @Joel
  • Basically, it is the result of a new manager. I have seen this too many times in my life. They come in, make random changes to things that are perfectly functional, take credit for what works, and blame any failures on their subordinates "misunderstanding" due to "failures in communication". Whatever. Hopefully this guy takes his golden parachute and moves on to ruin another game before he completely destroys this one.

• There’s always that person that goes for the most money that can be made and doesn’t care what happens because he has money in his pockets. Greed is what’s happening to this game. If you want money just put a small advertisement in the bottom of the screen when you are loading into a dungeon. They also could send a message through mail containing info about the advertised product. Neither would affect actual gameplay and would put money in their pockets.
  • morillimorilli Member
    edited December 2018
    While I like the Poe (Jin) tokens, the quantity is less then stellar and the obsession with Jibber and Craw is truly mystifying. Add in the fact that the new fire hero has to be bought makes this year Winterfest lack luster at best. I am finding the blatant attempts at cash grabs to be more and more annoying, insulting and repulsive. Very disappointing. Lately I find myself thinking about quitting the game more and more. Which is sad because I liked it until recently. Greed ruins everything in the end.