Winterfest Doors - Can we please get a confirmation ASAP

@Joel @DB_Stanley @xtmn8r

Several people have already asked this question in other forum posts. However, it does not look like anyone from the DB team has replied.

Previous calendar events allowed players to open each of the 14 calendar doors twice - once in order of release (e.g, Door 1, then Door 2, etc.) and then in any order (Door 14, then Door 2, then Door 10, etc.). Will players be able to do the same thing during the current Winterfest as well? Also, since this event has 28 doors in all (14 standard doors and 14 Jingle Pass doors), please be explicit about exactly which type of door you are referring to. In other words, do not say something ambiguous like, "players will have the opportunity to open 28 doors during Winterfest".

Please respond as soon as possible. Many players - like myself - start with bronze and silver keys for the first opening of the doors and then go back and use silver and gold keys during our second openings to get what we really want. We would be very upset (putting it mildly) If we went through the 14 doors once only to find that we cannot open each of them a second time - essentially missing the opportunity to use our gold keys.

Normally, I would just assume that the DB team would warn us ahead of time if there was such a major change to an event - and therefore come to the conclusion that no announcement means no change. Sadly, I can no longer put my trust in the DB team to do the right thing. As many players have noted in the forum, there have been far too many changes that significantly disadvantage the players (e.g., massive nerfs on event payouts, reduction of mail history from 60 to 7 days, and rotating the best items in/out of the event shop instead of leaving the entire shop offerings from the beginning of the event until 24 hours after the event has ended - to name just a few). Most of the significant game play changes were NOT announced ahead of time to allow players to prepare.

Thank you in advance for clarifying this issue.
Tagged:

Comments

• I’m sure you will be able to reopen the doors for money. You will have to buy the dingle pass.
  • Joel has apparently caught the plague from Tower Guy and couldn’t be bothered to communicate about the event or the new hero, so a monkey filled in.
  • I appreciate the fill in, but an official announcement on the forum or in game would be preferred. Unless, of course, you are the Unknown_Developer?
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• They could easily claim that Joel was mistaken when he made that Line post. How come he has time to post on Line but doesn’t have time to make a forum post?
  • Thanks @MonkeyHunter - I appreciate the reply :)

Of course I would have preferred to have an official forum discussion thread that introduced the event and went over the rules. No idea why Joel and the DB team skipped it this time. As much as they claim to be in favor of transparency, it feels like the players are being told less and less. Pity given how many aspects of the game they are changing.
  • Maybe to save overhead, the management at BossFight has Joel doing customer support, answering the front desk phone, and cleaning the bathrooms, so he just doesn't have the time to spend on the forums like he used to.

Maybe he's mopping floors and cleaning windows while wearing a wireless headset all day. Its the new BossFight...10 people, one office, save money.
  • You’re welcome. 🙄
  • Since they couldn't be bothered to make the effort to have different prizes behind doors, does it actually matter if we can reopen them?
  • Dev silence continues. Maybe I should make sure I have plenty of popcorn for day 14.

• edited December 2018
    Wow. Day 12 of event, lots of concerned players, and not one response from any representative of BF. Not even a simple "monkeynuts is right". Three words. 15 letters, two spaces. Less than thirty seconds to type. Congratulations on achieving an all time low in customer service Bo$$ Vega$, it is going to be hard to beat this one. Also huge congratulations on maintaining a six month streak of bugged events. Consistency of product quality is a key metric of success in the programming world, and with effort and dedication, you may eventually topple the current all time champion of bugged releases, the legendary Microsoft.

• edited December 2018
    Just for informational purposes, the first time this question was asked, and OFFICIAL confirmation requested was on 20 Dec.

Joel's profile shows his last login as 21 Dec.

Xtmn8tr's profile shows his last login as 25 Dec.

Evaluate this as you choose. Facts are facts.

Heck, if they were feeling REALLY lazy, the could have just selected "agree" for @Monkeynuts' post. That, in my opinion, would be the rock bottom, absolute minimum level of confirmation requested.

I honestly do not think it is unreasonable to request OFFICIAL confirmation on one of the DESIGNATED OFFICIAL CHANNELS for distribution of game related information by OFFICIAL representatives of the company.

The other option is that the development team has designated the selected line chats as additional sources of verified information and can be held to any statements that are made by them in these channels, as they are OFFICIAL company representatives on an OFFICIAL designated channel for distribution of Bossfight OFFICIAL game and company policy information.

So, which one is the truth?

• Wow. Day 12 of event, lots of concerned players, and not one response from any representative of BF. Not even a simple "monkeynuts is right". Three words. 15 letters, two spaces. Less than thirty seconds to type. Congratulations on achieving an all time low in customer service Bo$$ Vega$, it is going to be hard to beat this one. Also huge congratulations on maintaining a six month streak of bugged events. Consistency of product quality is a key metric of success in the programming world, and with effort and dedication, you may eventually topple the current all time champion of bugged releases, the legendary Microsoft.

Those are three words that you won’t hear from BF or anyone else.
  • monkeynuts is right
  • Thanks, Danac.

Suck it, Muppet.

(Those are three words you’ll hear quite often.)
  • There's your answer, for all the whiners and doubters and haters, ps - happy new year.

2q4o5c.jpg
  • edited January 1
    sirolk99 wrote: »
    There's your answer, for all the whiners and doubters and haters, ps - happy new year.

Yes, you are right. Complaints about unjust treatment are whining. Mistrust of one who has repeatedly violated that trust is doubting. Resenting the cavalier attitude of a company toward it's obligation of good customer service is hating. Thank you for that update from the department of orthodoxy and truth. Without your selfless, shining example of dedicated guidance, we would all be truly lost in the dark forest of independent thought.

Monkeynuts was right. Auf wiedersehen.

• danacdanac Member
    Monkeynuts wrote: »
    Thanks, Danac.

Suck it, Muppet.

can muppets even suck?
  • danac wrote: »
    Thanks, Danac.

Suck it, Muppet.

can muppets even suck?

A few of the muppets suck but most of 'em are pretty cool.
  • danac wrote: »
    Thanks, Danac.

Suck it, Muppet.

can muppets even suck?

I know one muppet that sucks hard.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    Back on topic.

I confirm the Winterfest doors worked as intended.
  • danacdanac Member
    danac wrote: »
    Thanks, Danac.

Suck it, Muppet.

can muppets even suck?

I know one muppet that sucks hard.

I think i'm in love.