Panda pandemic- another event fail

I don’t know who at DB is making the decisions but this event is another frustrating bust.

1) unlike the previous one where there was never a lack of courage, this one went way to far in the opposite direction. Guilds that can’t defeat the boss must wait for hours to try again. It is way too expensive to unlock the minion without waiting 4 hours. On top of that, you have to do it 4 or 5 times to get enough courage. Why not, one minion run equal the amount of courage for one boss run. Players might even be encouraged to spend 200 gems for another minion run.

2) tying damage to an expensive skin makes no one happy. Rich whales would have probably bought in anyway even if they didn’t gain an advantage in the event.

3) Who needs the skin anyway when you can one shot the boss for max damage using Zul’s third SM. I can’t believe that was intentional after the screw up with Furnace explosions.

4) why run the event during Winterfest when there is always things to keep you busy. You should use it as a filler when there is nothing to do except collect crowns.

Comments

• You can’t ride 2 horses with one **** but I guess the developers did not think of that.
  • O DB, where art thou?
    Thy soul, designed for light,
    Is like the raging ocean,
    Or storms of sullen night.

Refrain:
    Where art thou? Where art thou,
    Brother, on life’s way?
    Where art thou? Where art thou?
    Where goest thou today?

Neglecter, where art thou?
    Oh, do not be too late!
    This call may leave you hopeless,
    Tomorrow seal your fate.

Backslider, where art thou?
    Since thou hast gone astray,
    No peace attends thy spirit,
    Thou’rt weary all the day.

O Christian, where art thou?
    Thy happy soul is blest,
    While waiting by the river
    For thy eternal rest.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    edited December 2018
    PM from Evita:

“And the money kept rolling in from every side
    BF’s pretty hands reached out and they reached wide
    Now you may feel it should have been a voluntary cause
    But that's not the point my friends
    When the money keeps rolling in you don't ask how
    Think of all the monkeys guaranteed a good time now
    BF’s called the hungry to them, open up the doors
    Never been a fund like the Great Dungeon Boss one.
    Rollin', rollin', rollin'
    Rollin' on in, rollin' on in
    Rollin' on in, rollin' on in
    On in”
  • The first day was kinda fun, but soon I ran out of courage.

Whoever had the brilliant idea of limiting courage? Should have left it well enough alone from last time.. Lack of courage makes it impossible to continue past day 1. Another fail.
  • If every minion run gifted one courage to each guild member (not tied to a quest only) then provided at least 45 of 50 guild members attempted the minion there would be enough courage to continue.

And if say 45 of 50 boss runs at max or close to max damage killed the boss then this would be a perfect guild participation event that would continue without long delays (provided your guild could co-ordinate effectively).
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • Money, money, money, money, money [6x]
    Some people got to have it
    Some people really need it
    Listen to me y'all, do things
    Do things, do bad things with it
    You wanna do things, do things
    Do things, good things with it
    Talk about cash money, money
    Talk about cash money
    Dollar bills, yall

For the love of money
    People will steal from their mother
    For the love of money
    People will rob their own brother
    For the love of money
    People can't even walk the street
    Because they never know
    Who in the world they're gonna beat
    For that lean, mean, mean green
    Almighty dollar, money

For the love of money
    People will lie, Lord, they will cheat
    For the love of money
    People don't care who they hurt or beat
    For the love of money
    A woman will sell her precious body
    For a small piece of paper
    It carries a lot of weight
    Call it lean, mean, mean green

Almighty dollar

I know money is the root of all evil
    Do funny things to some people
    Give me a nickel, brother can you spare a dime
    Money can drive some people out of their minds

Got to have it, I really need it
    How many things have I heard you say
    Some people really need it
    Got to have it, I really need it
    Lay down, lay down, a woman will lay down
    For the love of money
    All for the love of money
    Don't let, don't let, don't let money rule you
    For the love of money
    Money can change people sometimes
    Don't let, don't let, don't let money fool you
    Money can fool people sometimes
    People, don't let money, don't let money change you
    It will keep on changing, changing up your mind

• gmungmun Member
    edited December 2018
    I agree. If you think im going to spend 400 gems to unlock a dungeon to gain 10 courage (less than 1/4 needed for 1 boss run) you are crazy.

Winterfest sucks, and this event is a big snore.

$20 now for a Zurk skin? Please quit drinking the koolaid.

The mass exodus from this game is well under way. You obviously quit trying to make the game fun and instead are focused solely on making every possible avenue pay to play (not even pay to win).
    Gmun
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    I don’t know who at DB is making the decisions but this event is another frustrating bust.

1) unlike the previous one where there was never a lack of courage, this one went way to far in the opposite direction. Guilds that can’t defeat the boss must wait for hours to try again. It is way too expensive to unlock the minion without waiting 4 hours. On top of that, you have to do it 4 or 5 times to get enough courage. Why not, one minion run equal the amount of courage for one boss run. Players might even be encouraged to spend 200 gems for another minion run.

2) tying damage to an expensive skin makes no one happy. Rich whales would have probably bought in anyway even if they didn’t gain an advantage in the event.

3) Who needs the skin anyway when you can one shot the boss for max damage using Zul’s third SM. I can’t believe that was intentional after the screw up with Furnace explosions.

4) why run the event during Winterfest when there is always things to keep you busy. You should use it as a filler when there is nothing to do except collect crowns.

1) bvs72, welcome in the world 99% of the players live in! ;) I can tell you this event works exactly the same like the recent Boss Invasions and the experience is exactly the same like it was for 99% of the players: Attempt every 4 hours a fight, then wait 4 hours.
    The Boss Invasions events serve the 1% top players in top guilds who have the runes to do 50-60M damage, even without "explosions" and "pits". Their experience may have changed now with the limited courage. For everybody else the experience didn't changed for sure.

If you want even more fun I strongly recommend to create an f2p alt account, level up to level 50 and then try to fight the level 80 Panda boss. Good luck!

2) To be honest, no one forces you to buy the skin. Buy the skin if you like it else ignore it. The 5x damage is just bonus. During the recent BI events heroes like Craw and Jin had the same boosts. Both heroes came with Loot Passes for early access. P2W, nothing new here. Btw having a 1* or 2* hero doing 5x damage on the team never helped me much. My other 6* heroes could do more damage without them.

3+4) It's a chance to get a gold key for Winterfest for less than 5000 gems. Not everybody is in a top guild or swims in gems ;)
  • I blame the summit group. They complained of having too much courage and now we have this debacle.
  • Don’t forget courage carrying over from the last event. So friggen sloppy...
  • @Schnuppe a 1 star zul maxxes damage. Runeless. Solo.
  • @sirtainly nice song! Sounds familiar, where have I heard that before?
  • Yeah a 1* zk maxes damage but you need the $20 skin to get 5x points. So the event leaderboard just shows you the guilds with the most paying for the skin.
    Gmun
  • MaxBeamer wrote: »
    @sirtainly nice song! Sounds familiar, where have I heard that before?

I think it was The O.J.s back in the day...
  • It was also the theme song of the Prez’s reality show.
  • Money, get away
    Get a good job with good pay and you're okay
    Money, it's a gas
    Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
    New car, caviar, four star daydream
    Think I'll buy me a football team
    Money, get back
    I'm all right Jack keep your hands off of my stack
    Money, it's a hit
    Don't give me that do goody good ****
    I'm in the high-fidelity first class traveling set
    And I think I need a Lear jet
    Money, it's a crime
    Share it fairly but don't take a slice of my pie
    Money, so they say
    Is the root of all evil today
    But if you ask for a raise it's no surprise that they're
    Giving none away, away, away
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• MaxBeamer wrote: »
    It was also the theme song of the Prez’s reality show.

Hm. Never saw it. Not much for reality shows after that vote off the island thing and John and Kate + 8 + divorce + more kids. I figure I've heard "You're fired" enough in real life.
  • Money, get away
    Get a good job with good pay and you're okay
    Money, it's a gas
    Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
    New car, caviar, four star daydream
    Think I'll buy me a football team
    Money, get back
    I'm all right Jack keep your hands off of my stack
    Money, it's a hit
    Don't give me that do goody good ****
    I'm in the high-fidelity first class traveling set
    And I think I need a Lear jet
    Money, it's a crime
    Share it fairly but don't take a slice of my pie
    Money, so they say
    Is the root of all evil today
    But if you ask for a raise it's no surprise that they're
    Giving none away, away, away

Ahhh you went there. This was my first choice - I was saving it for the appropriate time.

I'm especially fond of the coin and register sounds...
  • I can tell you from personal experience that Zulk’s Boss Banishing is VERY powerful.

But on the bright side I haven’t spent any money to get where I am so this isn’t exactly a P2W event like most think 🙂