So where's the krampus skin?

2»

Comments

• LionheartwolfLionheartwolf Member
    edited January 2
    RyeChus wrote: »
    Remember the first Winter festival calendar? - and it's the special suprise? They gave the impression that opening the 14 doors would get the 6* hero. The special secret surprise was you had to open all the doors again with gold keys to get 6*.

I called them out on it and eventually they came clean. Some people called me a 'spoil sport' for ruining the surprise - though not so politely.

Edit - just noticed Max mentioned this - but it can't be stressed enough that these practices are nothing new. Had similar experiences with other games. Google refunded without hesitation, but they don't seem to do anything to stop them - they pull the same deceptions over and over.

The worst thing is customers keep buying. Crazy!!!

These practices might not be new but that doesnt mean that all customers have been around for as long. Its much easier to assume the people being decieved did not know they were instead of believing they would purposely make the same mistakes over and over. It sounds like a common sense thing, but clearly some people here missed it.

The craziest thing here besides these very poor practices by this company is the people here who honestly believe the victims here got what they deserved because they didnt know any better...
  • danacdanac Member
    And my time is a piece of wax fallin' on a termite
    That's chokin' on the splinters
    Soy un perdedor
    I'm a loser baby so why don't you kill me?
    (Get crazy with the Cheeze Whiz)

It's a nice song, but clearly Beck writes by random word generator.

• coneyKconeyK Member
    These practices might not be new but that doesnt mean that all customers have been around for as long. Its much easier to assume the people being decieved did not know they were instead of believing they would purposely make the same mistakes over and over. It sounds like a common sense thing, but clearly some people here missed it.

The craziest thing here besides these very poor practices by this company is the people here who honestly believe the victims here got what they deserved because they didnt know any better...

To clarify: I don't believe that anyone "deserved" to be duped - refunding is encouraged! There are some people who have been talking about the Jingle Pass who I've seen on the forums for ages - I'm really wondering why veteran players are still buying it.

I didn't consider new players in thinking about this stuff (DB doesn't register in my head as having a great influx of new players, but that has no factual basis), so thank you for reminding me about that. This is some customers' first rodeo, and it's important to remember that.
  • RyeChusRyeChus Member
    edited January 2
    RyeChus wrote: »

The worst thing is customers keep buying. Crazy!!!

These practices might not be new but that doesnt mean that all customers have been around for as long. Its much easier to assume the people being decieved did not know they were instead of believing they would purposely make the same mistake

My closing comment was primarily referring to those people who clearly know the past issues but still buy. Plenty of 'I can't believe they did it again' comments in this and various other games show that people do keep buying in spite of being duped once, or ignore the warnings of others expecting that somehow their experience will be different. Plus you wouldn't believe the abuse I got in private messages for insisting that DB clarify how the Grog Gnog calendar event would actually work.

What gets me is that Google will issue instant refunds but nothing is done to prevent further abuse - must be a lot of people willing to let it slide.
  • Agree with you @RyeChus. It’s gotten bad enough for a long enough period that any veteran player who sends them money for anything at this point has every right to complain about getting screwed yet again, but no right to claim to be surprised by it. Keep touching that stove though, everyone buying all these loot passes. It’ll surely be cool one of these times.
  • HalfEmptyHalfEmpty Member
    edited January 2
    Well, I sure as hell wasn't aware that this was a pattern of behavior with them or I wouldn't have made the purchase. Hopefully this thread will serve as a warning for others in the future.

@Joel can we get this stickied?

edit: suggested new thread topic for the sticky

"Don't trust shop descriptions for purchases. Ask customer support how much you'll really have to pay before making your purchase"
  • Hahahahaha, they did that? How low can you sink.
  • If your prepared for a fire, you don’t have to burn.

Words of wisdom for the Dungeon Boss as they could have definety softened the blow to those who spent money through compensation or at least an apology. Hopefully when they return from their two week break, there will be something left for them to clean up here and not just the Winterfest or Bust results for the whole community.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    I think they should give the skin to everyone who bought the jingle pass and 5000 gems to the ones that already got the skin to compensate for the gold key they used. What happened to transparency?
  • RyeChus wrote: »
    Plus you wouldn't believe the abuse I got in private messages for insisting that DB clarify how the Grog Gnog calendar event would actually work.

Actually, I would, considering the PUBLIC abuse I received for requesting the same thing.
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• gmungmun Member
    Well I just noticed an hour or so ago when i went to sell my bronze keys that i had a gold and a silver key i didn't have earlier. So i guess compensation was sent out (if you want to call it that). Only problem is all the doors are gone now so gold is all we can get with it.
    Gmun
  • Why does it seem that so many are surprised by these things?
    I mean, how long has it been like this? 🤣
  • HalfEmptyHalfEmpty Member
    edited January 3
    BokiDah wrote: »
    Why does it seem that so many are surprised by these things?
    I mean, how long has it been like this? 🤣

Well gee, some of us are new and need a learned and helpful old schooler (such as yourself) to tell us. Just how long have you been getting DB'd? Does it always hurt this bad or is it just the first time?

• Per Xtmn8r-

Hey all,

Will answer a few of the questions just to get some info out there to you all so you don’t have to wait until Monday’s Summit but let's sve the discussion for Monday

Zulkodd Skin where you open all the Doors in Winterfest and got the Skin. That included the “Omega Door.” You opened that door and beyond getting the 20 Random tokens, you got the Zulkodd Skin for opening all of the doors. As our elder players will recall, the “Original” Winterfest never announced that there were actually 28 doors (Doors reset after all 14 opened) either. It was the uprise at the end of the event just as this was as well

Gold Key when doors disappeared/ended: Looks like when someone was testing the “Keys for Gold” offers, they left a debug function on. So when the event ended and the "Gold for Keys" offer turned on so players could exchange their keys, the game granted everyone one of each key. So enjoy the extra 7+ Million bonus gold. Just make sure to do it before the shop closes in 2 hours, (if you havent already).
  • BlothBloth Member
    Wow, thanks for the free useless gold. =/. 2019 is already starting off like you ended 2018. That is not good
  • Oh great - i find this out 30 minutes after the event ended.

After I do my dailies I'm going to another game where I don't feel like I'm in an information ghetto.

In real life I believe in those quaint notions of social justice and economic equity and I want to play games in environments that support those values, too. The last thing I need is my relaxation time to be a reminder that I'm not in the privileged class and I don't know the right people.

Yes, I've been watching too much Robin Hood, but I can't help the way I feel.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    So we are reduced to having a monkey supply us with information?
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    Yes, monkey does good job and you only have to pay bananas to monkey!
    "Hey all,

Will answer a few of the questions just to get some info out there to you all so you don’t have to wait until Monday’s Summit but let's sve the discussion for Monday

Zulkodd Skin where you open all the Doors in Winterfest and got the Skin. That included the “Omega Door.” You opened that door and beyond getting the 20 Random tokens, you got the Zulkodd Skin for opening all of the doors. As our elder players will recall, the “Original” Winterfest never announced that there were actually 28 doors (Doors reset after all 14 opened) either. It was the uprise at the end of the event just as this was as well

Gold Key when doors disappeared/ended: Looks like when someone was testing the “Keys for Gold” offers, they left a debug function on. So when the event ended and the "Gold for Keys" offer turned on so players could exchange their keys, the game granted everyone one of each key. So enjoy the extra 7+ Million bonus gold. Just make sure to do it before the shop closes in 2 hours, (if you havent already).
  • danacdanac Member
    bvs72 wrote: »

nuts.
  • lol, is this their actual response to this? I guess it's better than nothing.... but only slightly
  • The only (crappy) compensation for this is due to a bug.. enjoy it? God the irony, it's too much. Can't... stop... laughing
  • coneyKconeyK Member
    I'm confused by that response. Is it really even a response? Just kinda seems like he's saying "Yeah the extra door is a thing" - no apology or anything.

If you had gold keys at the end of the event, you'd open any door you had left so as to not waste them (or, you bought as many as you wanted/needed and didn't have any spares). And when the final door came, you'd have no gold key left - so you'd have to buy one for the secret last door.

There is no way this is anything but an abject scam. But I'm sure at the next Guild Summit they'll sympathize by saying that players were mad because they were confused by the event - as if that means anything.
  • Right? Too bad the bitter sychophant championing “honesty” has his eyes too close to the devs belly button to call them out on THEIR dishonest nonsense.