Aether Shop

bvs72bvs72 Member
edited January 9 in General Discussion
This is from Bill “The Boss” Jackson in May 2016.

ufiq7ojlpq0n.jpeg

I have been waiting over a year for something new and interesting. What does a regular basis mean? Is it one of the words like soon?
Post edited by bvs72 on

Comments

• “Regular basis” is to “soon” as “outright liar” is to “stretcher of the truth”.
  • danacdanac Member
    we're looking into it.
  • I have SO much Aether. I have been saving it for a new hero that's exclusive to the Aether shop. You know, like Ember and Aria used to be...

Let's face it - new heroes are now never going to be in the portal or Aether shop - it's just buy a pass or don't get them.
  • danacdanac Member
    we hear your concerns.
  • gradders wrote: »
    I have SO much Aether. I have been saving it for a new hero that's exclusive to the Aether shop. You know, like Ember and Aria used to be...

I retired with over 500k aether. I'm sure there are players with over a million.

• @echonap I had a look - I have 530k. Pointless.
  • I don't get the point of this post. Clearly seeing as you pulled this from 2 years ago and they infact do not rotate shop goods what's the point of this? And what do you want them to rotate in so badly?
    Level - 80
    Guild- VIP LIFE
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
  • hudson1520 wrote: »
    I don't get the point of this post. Clearly seeing as you pulled this from 2 years ago and they infact do not rotate shop goods what's the point of this? And what do you want them to rotate in so badly?

Personally, I’d love to see drakk in there.

• I'd like to see agnon in there
  • @hudson1520 The original idea of aether was compensation for pulling a hero you had maxed. They had Aria and Ember as aether shop exclusives. OK, so they weren't the best heroes, but getting them 6 starred was really difficult unless you had nearly every other hero maxed, and you could only do it by saving aether, and this gave long term players a bonus, and made aether kinda special.

Then they decided to stick Ember and Aria in the portal, instantly losing their exclusivity, and aether became a completely redundant commodity.

To make Aether valuable again they need to but in another exclusive hero where tokens are available from the aether shop and nowhere else. But they won't because they now want us to pay for everything and knowing loads of players have loads of aether is, for them, just tough bananas.

So highlighting that they said they would look for feedback, would put new heroes in there, would have a rotating set of interesting and valuable things, is worth discussing as it proves they lied and don't give a ....
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    hudson1520 wrote: »
    I don't get the point of this post. Clearly seeing as you pulled this from 2 years ago and they infact do not rotate shop goods what's the point of this? And what do you want them to rotate in so badly?

How about a new hero, the newer skins, or even elite runes.
  • I don't think they know what feedback is. Joel is the only member who visits the forum anymore and that's just for glitches or announcements. No player interaction.
  • I imagine the community manager job similar to whitehouse press secretary. You know they just hate going out and trying to put a positive spin on something that is just crap. I think he's given up.