Zulkodd - Invalid Targets

I would think Zulkodd's black hole ability would work similar to icebloom's cryofreeze.

Unfortunately it does not. The opponent disappears into oblivion and there is no one to protect the treasure chest. A player thinks they won, but the match doesnt end. The attacker ultimately loses because there are no valid targets, forcing the raider to retreat.

1z41z1lw5md3.jpg

me38qa9ocpuy.jpg

I was getting ready to buy more zulkodd tokens... but I'm losing matches with him. I need to know if this is intensional so I know how to play the event, and what I should and should not purchase.

Just another nerd in the herd!

Comments

• bvs72bvs72 Member
    This is unintended and will be fixed sometime after the event is over. Enjoy the event.
  • same problem here
    Fan of DB and DB
  • @bvs72 but I want to power up my Zulkodd because there is a repeatable and an event boost...
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    @SinfulSaint - you can’t expect us to work on the weekend on something that does get us mo’ money.
  • I was getting ready to buy more zulkodd tokens... but I'm losing matches with him. I need to know if this is intensional so I know how to play the event, and what I should and should not purchase.

Don't... this is just one of many many bugs and inconsistencies. He's not stable enough for play.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    You people have to understand. Zurkodd was released as an emergency hero to make enough money to pay for our Holiday vacations. There was no time for testing.
  • @HalfEmpty - I really like Zulkodd... I think he is fun. I just can't use him in PVP the way I want.

There is a cascade effect to this bug.

If I cannot do the repeatable, I cannot purchase the Jerry rune. This means less of a boost, which means I cannot meet the event minimum, which means I will be removed from my guild and not allowed to play with my friends... Because I cannot keep up score-wise.

I want to play with my friends. I don't want to be kicked from my guild because of a technical issue.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    @SinfulSaint, there is no reason to be kicked from your guild. We have supplied boosts in the shop for you to remain in the guild’s good grace.
  • @bvs72 But I cannot afford the boosts. They are too expensive.

Perhaps if there was more time between the events, or perhaps if the boosts were affordable, then I could buy them - But I have rent to pay, car payments, and grocery bills. So working repeatables/Rune Boosts/Skin Boosts and other game mechanics are essential for me to maintain my place on a roster.

A crazy big event like Boss Invasions every other week can be very draining on your personal finances, which forces you not to play, which forces you to be kicked from your guild, which means you cannot have fun with your friends. No family leader likes dead weight. And we all day dream about playing with guild families like PA, UW, WOK, and Skynet. But without a good score, there is no way to gain entry.

At the end of the day I want to tell all my friends in the real world about a fun and competitive mobile game that is well balanced, has great customer service, with fair shop offers, and has a rich and vibrant social community.

So I need to know if the black hole ability issue was intentional... So I can talk with my friends and leaders, still play, and still pay my bills. I would like to have the best of both worlds...
  • This has happened to me more than a few times now. It needs to be fixed. It's obviously not intentional, and if I am not mistaken it's a new problem.

My best guess to what happened was when the devs went in to change the banish bug that did max damage to event bosses when Zulkodd banished them, they unintentionally created this problem. I don't expect it to be changed during this event because at best they would just reintroduce the old problem during the Jerry event, and yet again make the Panda skin obsolete while they were trying to sell it.
  • RegusRegus Member
    I’m seeing this issue as well. No “valid” targets remain so you have to waste the raid and retreat.
  • Ive been getting the glitch as well while doing the repeatable. My only choice was to close DB and restart the game. Each time i came back the continue screen and went back to the dungeon. I know some people may want to retreat and lose the match. Try this option first before clicking that button.What do you have to lose?
  • RocksorRocksor Member
    edited January 11
    The glitch happened to me when an opponent dies because of a debuff

• Yep, got it twice, both times triggered by someone being in the Pit when the other 3 die. If I Pit the last standing, it works fine.
  • Same.. this is pathetic.

Risk losing streaks or don't complete the quest line..

2ffhinrauta4.jpg
    Don’t you wish it was easier, wish you were better.
  • LionheartwolfLionheartwolf Member
    edited January 12
    I did notice that this is not exclusive to PvP either. Although when you have the option to auto-attack "All" or "Basic" they will complete the attack and finish the match. The reason why is such a problem here (aside from the obvious) is the lack of auto attack in PvP.
  • Love that we get responses for cosmetic bugs but nothing for something for something serious

https://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/60758/cosmetic-bug-on-screen
  • I’ve had to retreat on two raids already because of this bug.Same problem as everybody else
  • Same problem here. Please investigate
  • You are all talking like you expect the current team to be competent at anything other than extorting money out of players. Just wallet slap the event and walk away with your top position.
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• danacdanac Member
    @HalfEmpty - I really like Zulkodd... I think he is fun. I just can't use him in PVP the way I want.

There is a cascade effect to this bug.

If I cannot do the repeatable, I cannot purchase the Jerry rune. This means less of a boost, which means I cannot meet the event minimum, which means I will be removed from my guild and not allowed to play with my friends... Because I cannot keep up score-wise.

I want to play with my friends. I don't want to be kicked from my guild because of a technical issue.

if they were really your friends, they'd understand
  • danacdanac Member
    And we all day dream about playing with guild families like PA, UW, WOK, and Skynet.

WOK doesn't require pay to play.
    I'm free to play and doing horribly this event because of it.

Pretty sure they're not gonna kick me, but if I'm sucking up to bvs so i can join UW come Monday, you'll know I'm wrong.

anyway, wok is a guild family that has room for people who love the game but don't wanna go hard core and finish at the top of every event.
    go by our recruitment post if you're interested, and want to abandon those friends who are about to kick you to the curb.

• Just how embarrassing can this get? The new hero you based this event on is too broken to even use for it and not even an acknowledgement.