Hero Spotlight: Zola

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
NOTE: Zola will be available today (Wednesday) via a special Loot Pass as a preview for the event that will begin tomorrow (Thursday) which will have her full release. In addition, Zola is the first hero to have star requirements for ascensions. We mentioned that this was something that would be introduced with upcoming heroes during our last update. No older heroes are being given star requirements for ascensions retroactively.

Background:
The oldest and most devious of the gorgon sisters, Zola let her sisters pass through the portal before her to pave the way for her new rule. She's come to lay waste to the enemies of the reptile's might. Known to turn foes to stone and freeze them in their tracks at a glance, Zola is a deadly foe.

Most Hated Hero: Hated Hero: Bramble. Zola scorns the goblin "king" and distinctly refutes his claim to rule via dance moves.

Element: Water: +30% bonus against FIRE enemies, -25% against NATURE enemies

Tags: Reptile Gorgon Caster

Traits:
  • KINDRED MOURNING: Gains invincibility for 2 turns if an ally reptile dies.
  • STONE ETCHER: Boosted damage versus stoned targets.
  • MYSTICAL: Deals increased damage to tanks and slow targets.

Abilities and Ascensions:
  • VENOMOUS CLAW: Basic melee attack that has a chance to add venom.
  • ICY GLARE: Ranged Water attack on all enemies with a chance to freeze or stone each target. Purges all Venom on the targets for bonus damage.

Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Light Evo: 15
  • Water Evo 25
  • Nature Monarch: 20
  • Mind's Eye Evo: 4
  • Stars: 3

NEW Traits!
  • FANGED FRIENDS: Increase damage for all reptile allies.
  • MYSTICAL II: Further increased damage to tanks and slow targets.

NEW Ability!
  • SNAKENADO: Ranged Water attack on all enemies with chance to apply 7 stacks of Venom to each enemy. May or may not fund bad disaster films.

Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Dark Evo: 40
  • Water Monarch: 35
  • Stormwind Evo: 8
  • Diamond Evo: 2
  • Stars: 5

NEW Traits!
  • AGELESS IMMORTALS: Reptile allies gain 1 turn of invincibility when purging Venom.
  • COLD BLOODED KILLER: Immune to freeze. Deals 2x damage to water targets and targets immune to freeze.
  • TANGLED TRIAD: If on a team with 2 or more allied Gorgons, all Gorgons start the dungeon with invincibility until their first turn.
    /list]

NEW Ability!
    • SERPENT STRIKE: Melee Physical attack on target enemy that steals all buffs with a chance to freeze. Purges all Venom on the target for added damage.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• MonkeynutsMonkeynuts Member
    edited January 16
    Buy those tokens! BF has their eye on a Big Green Egg to go with the office kegerator.
  • Joel: Are the stars to ascend mentioned the same stars based on gathering tokens or something different?
  • .... Y'all really made a "They're just invincible forever!" hero
  • GingeNinja wrote: »
    You can redeem this ongoing cash grab by at least making it available for us free to play players to get 3-4 stars on her

Any wagers on whether that happens?
  • Monkeynuts wrote: »
    GingeNinja wrote: »
    You can redeem this ongoing cash grab by at least making it available for us free to play players to get 3-4 stars on her

Any wagers on whether that happens?

I say... no
    I will yeah...Momdukz ™️
  • She doesn’t even seem that good. Ferno is still a thing, so invincibility as a main strength isn’t the greatest strategy when there is a spreadable debuff that directly prevents it. Unless she has really good stats, she won’t be meta. Even if she is, her fellow reptiles will stay in their caves.
  • @Joel very important question
    Will we need to be in a guild to get her ?
  • WasiWasi Member
    We have shield piercing runes also to negate invincibility.
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • GingeNinja wrote: »

4 stars? Impossible. 3 stars at max, probably requiring some ridiculous grindfest or a month of accumulated resources.

Proud owner of "Photogenic badge".
  • ApocalyptusApocalyptus Member
    edited January 17
    Scroom407 wrote: »
    .... Y'all really made a "They're just invincible forever!" hero

Easy solution’s to counteract invincibility:
    1. Heroes Who can purge invincibility.
    2. Iris: applying the Debuff which allows iris to copy invincibility as well as other buffs.
    3. Assassin Heroes: Using the right assassin heroes can allow their attacks to bypass invincibility completely.
    4. Shield Piercing runes: allows heroes with said rune to bypass invincibility on their basic attacks.
    5. Certain heroes attacks can bypass invincibility, such as samurai takumi’s shield piercing epic attack, Jin Lei’s Storm of the Ancestors, Sifu Jianzhi’s Precise Rampage, Masuta Kira’s Vibrating Palm, etc.

Note: shield piercing can also bypass drakk’s Undying Rage.
    Total Zomminionation.
  • Scroom407 wrote: »
    .... Y'all really made a "They're just invincible forever!" hero

Easy solution’s to counteract invincibility:
    1. Heroes Who can purge invincibility.
    2. Iris: applying the Debuff which allows iris to copy invincibility as well as other buffs.
    3. Assassin Heroes: Using the right assassin heroes can allow their attacks to bypass invincibility completely.
    4. Shield Piercing runes: allows heroes with said rune to bypass invincibility on their basic attacks.
    5. Certain heroes attacks can bypass invincibility, such as samurai takumi’s shield piercing epic attack, Jin Lei’s Storm of the Ancestors, Sifu Jianzhi’s Precise Rampage, Masuta Kira’s Vibrating Palm, etc.

Or do not purchase the cash grab tokens.
    I will yeah...Momdukz ™️
  • WasiWasi Member
    The problem with Jin and Craw is that you can use them as 1 star in PvP and they’re effective for their passives.. so less incentive to spend $$$ as their abilities are already unlocked at 1 star. Lessons learnt moving forward!
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • What ever happened to getting a hero that started at three stars? I still haven’t even gotten craw to three stars yet. This game will be dead before I can get craw to 6 stars without buying anything...
  • Garbage. What would an endgame player need with a 1* unascended toon? No point whatsoever to block people from being able to even use it. Trash
  • danacdanac Member
    momdukz wrote: »
    €20 for an unlock! No. Can not be ascended until when??? Oh, more money. Another 20 for an epic still no. Good luck finding someone to sell that bridge to!

How many stars do you need for the bridge?
  • WasiWasi Member
    Where can I sell all my celestial evos that I won’t need anymore? :)
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • danacdanac Member
    I don’t have a major problem paying to have early access to a hero.

However to have to be 3* to ascend, and 5* to fully ascend is a horrible precedent. This makes the hero all but useless in PVP. After the several months pass to get the hero to 5*, the hero will likely be obsolete due to new heroes and new reworks.

the event will include a 'win PVP matches with new hero quest'
  • danacdanac Member
    Joel wrote: »

NEW Ability!
    • SNAKENADO: Ranged Water attack on all enemies with chance to apply 7 stacks of Venom to each enemy. May or may not fund bad disaster films.

can we get a probability on that?
  • @PsychedelicFox I guess you were closer. Shield for 1 turn. You win =P