Something needs to be done about the direction this game is going.

I took a 4-month break from dungeon boss due to not having a phone to play it on. I came back and the game is so much different than it once was. Before, it was occasional money grabs. But now, its just money grabs over money grab. This isn't just talking to downplay the game. This game is actually BORING now. You dont even enjoy grinding for stuff now because you have broken characters that ruin it for you, like Jin. This calendar event has probably had the worst rewards of all of them, to the point I'm not even doing it anymore. BEFORE, I couldn't quit the game because it was just too fun. Now the reason I can't quit the game is that I have a lot of high-level stuff on it, and I dont wanna throw it down the drain. I believe this game can make a comeback if they return to how it was 2 years ago, where things were actually challenging and exciting new content was released at a pace players could work with, P2W or F2P. Dungeon Boss is the first game I've spent money on. Not much, but i put about 20$ buying good deals etc. Now there's really no point.

EVERY epic released is in the shop for 2 months then finally for free. Even if they're bad epics, like Cobressa, still gonna make you pay. Also, you simply dont add a new character to a dead family without buffing them to fit the current meta. You devs could have actually made the reptiles/gorgons GOOD. Instead, you so-called "reworked them". If you rework a character so stealthily that nobody notices, they aren't reworked. You guys have reworked heroes extremely well in the past, with Dwarves, Barbarians, and Assasins. Didn't you guys reel in the money when you did that? I can guarantee you each of these reworks alone made more money than you've made this entire month. However, this post wasn't to vent on the devs.

The direction of this game has gone from grindy to actually boring. You CANNOT compare this game 2 years ago to the mess it is now. You guys once actually paid attention to the community, and what they said. What happened now? Why can't you understand the players are getting tired of this nonsense? Did the reviews not make it obvious? I know this game isn't doomed forever. Maybe soon or eventually the devs will make an effort to make the game FUN again. Players want unique events, or at least events like the lunar event, which was one of the most fun events I've ever done in this game.

You guys probably didn't realize the main thing gorgons had, invincibility is countered by a single rune? How do you mess up THAT badly? Nobody will use gorgons in their defense, because of that single reason. There was a time reptiles were the strongest team in this game. You know how the meta is right now, would it be THAT hard to make them able to fit it?
Tagged:

Comments

• bvs72bvs72 Member
    Things are fine. It has become free to play for whales.
  • Let me just let you know that its because Boss Fight and Big Fish adopted former EA employees to their teams in Summer-Fall 2018.

Most likely the ALSO greedy higher ups at the companies are just listening to whatever the former employees are saying, in relation to how they should deal with microtransactions.

Even though EA is currently one of the most hated franchises in gaming, there are people who are uneducated and will keep re-buying the same microtransaction ladled games because they're not catering to the smart people; they're catering to the other 90% idiots who will keep buying their garbage.
  • they're looking into it
  • Fuggit wrote: »
    Let me just let you know that its because Boss Fight and Big Fish adopted former EA employees to their teams in Summer-Fall 2018.

Most likely the ALSO greedy higher ups at the companies are just listening to whatever the former employees are saying, in relation to how they should deal with microtransactions.

Even though EA is currently one of the most hated franchises in gaming, there are people who are uneducated and will keep re-buying the same microtransaction ladled games because they're not catering to the smart people; they're catering to the other 90% idiots who will keep buying their garbage.

EA? NO!!! I hate EA Games, I mean they always die.
  • People have to make money. Writing code isn't without expenses. I drop a little cash on the game from time to time, but it's no game changer for me. I think it's a fun game. If you don't like it, quit. To expect people to provide you free epic content all the time is ridiculous. Why don't you work YOUR job without a paycheck and see how that works for you? If you have a job, that is...
  • CP7212 wrote: »
    People have to make money. Writing code isn't without expenses. I drop a little cash on the game from time to time, but it's no game changer for me. I think it's a fun game. If you don't like it, quit. To expect people to provide you free epic content all the time is ridiculous. Why don't you work YOUR job without a paycheck and see how that works for you? If you have a job, that is...

I'd agree with the fact that we dont have to buy anything and we are free to quit at anytime if we dont like it. However, to provide very, very poor customer support and leave so many with help is inexcusable. Maybe they should actually DO their job if they expect to get paid. If I ran my business like this I would definitely be working without a paycheck because I'd be out of business.
  • @CP7212 I understand its hard to code, but i guarantee you DB made more money before everything was an expensive cash crab. It's not an unpopular opinion that Dungeon Boss has become a hollow shell of its former self, everyone has noticed. I obviously don't have a job, I have school and dungeon boss is just something I do for enjoyment. The problem is that it isnt like how it was before, it ISN'T fun anymore. I've played this game for 3 years, joined around Balog's events and after Masuta's release. I've seen the game go through good and bad, but right now it's currently at its worst state in 3 years. People just like me are QUITTING, because it's just not fun anymore. The Devs worked harder on content BEFORE, but now it feels like they aren't even trying to get paid. I dont expect a free epic all the time, but now ALL epic releases aren't free. Most players are gonna spend money either way for the resources, so no epic is actually free. It made sense when OP epics like Valkin's and Jin's were released. But now its for EVERY new release, even when the epic sucks, Ex. Cobressa and Viperia. Writing code is more difficult than I can possibly understand, but lets be honest, have the devs made an event from scratch or near scratch in the last few months? Every event this year has been done before, and this time it isn't even better its worst.

If Boss Fight can take a moment and think of what they're doing wrong now, and compare it to the game's success back in 2016-2017(first half of 2018 as well), this game can return to it's former glory. If this game stays the way it is in the next 4 months, the bad reviews will out-weigh to good ones and this game will actually meet its end.
  • CP7212 wrote: »
    People have to make money. Writing code isn't without expenses. I drop a little cash on the game from time to time, but it's no game changer for me. I think it's a fun game. If you don't like it, quit. To expect people to provide you free epic content all the time is ridiculous. Why don't you work YOUR job without a paycheck and see how that works for you? If you have a job, that is...

You might be missing the forest for the trees on this one. This isn't about charging money for your work. It's about how you go about that, and how much you charge for said work.

There is no denying that the mobile market is horribly out of whack because they cater to a much larger audience that willing to spend much more than your typical PC/Console gamer. There is clearly plenty of room for compromise between everything for free, and 99.99 for a bundle that doesn't even max out a single character. It's difficult to explain and justify the value of a digital good when your product (or "service" depending on the term they choose to use if you ever had to take them to court) are not even in the same ball park of other much more successful, and much higher quality games.