Patch Notes: January 23rd, 2019

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
  • Zola's star ascension requirements have been reduced to 2 stars for her first ascension and 4 stars for her second ascension (down from 3 and 5 respectively).
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com

Comments

• BryanBryan Member
    Who is Zola? Why can I only buy one rune!?
    Bryan79
    Potato Society
  • Thank you for the change :)
    Level - 80
    Guild- VIP LIFE
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
  • SOS wrote: »
    No comments on the massive ticket costs and insultingly low payout from the ONE event dungeon?

By the end of the event I might have enough tickets to buy one of the lower hanging fruit in the shop...maybe...I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it.

The prices are so outrageous and the payout so small I'm not even going to expend the energy needed to laugh...just doing my dailies, portions of the event as time goes by, then off to more enjoyable games and the rest of life where many things cost less and I get more for my money.
  • @sirtainly they said during the summit that since they have received lots of feedback in the past that the event shop has been lacking they decided to put more in it but they said you have to understand you won’t necessarily be able to buy everything. They just wanted to give options, but I understand your frustration
    Level - 80
    Guild- VIP LIFE
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
  • BryanBryan Member
    My primary source of frustration is from the shop and the level of suck it has risen to.
    Bryan79
    Potato Society
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited January 24
    I tried to reply several times, kept getting a forum error. I don't expect to be able to purchase everything, I just want one good item for playing the entire event, two would be even more fun.

Pricing the top items so high also sends the wrong message to players in my opinion.

(I stopped reading summit texts awhile ago, kept getting too upset.)

EDIT; wild, I just found that if I try to save an edit and get an error, reloading the screen saves my edits. Weird.
  • This event is to much of a grind for how little the rewards are. I will be lucky to get 100,000 tickets by the end of this event.
  • SOS wrote: »
    No comments on the massive ticket costs and insultingly low payout from the ONE event dungeon?

@SOS Anubis asked the question a few times, specifically regarding the 200k Zola Tokens and the 175K rune, and @xtmn8r said during summit that they basically don't care, and that whomever was supposed to do the math on grind -> payout didn't give him any information on estimated amount of quick looting we would need to do in order to afford anything.

So basically they answered our question with a "k" then blocked us.
  • sirtainly wrote: »
    SOS wrote: »

By the end of the event I might have enough tickets to buy one of the lower hanging fruit in the shop...maybe...I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it.

The prices are so outrageous and the payout so small I'm not even going to expend the energy needed to laugh...just doing my dailies, portions of the event as time goes by, then off to more enjoyable games and the rest of life where many things cost less and I get more for my money.

I don't even know why you are bothering with dailies at this point. This game is dead in the water...just quit and play your other games that you do enjoy. I quit awhile back and glad I did.

I still like hanging out on this forum though, reading and commenting on all of the drama :P
  • Is there a visual change when frozen or have I not just noticed it before? I feel like it’s different but I don’t know if I am blind and it’s been in the game for a while.
  • 3,360 is how much energy you will earn for free during this event. 700 extra if you watch the add for +50 energy. If you get 50 tickets every time you quickloot the dungeon you can earn 203,000 tickets for free but you are going to need 812 keys. You have to manually run/quickloot the event dungeon 58 times every day. It doesn’t seem to hard for level 80 players since they can hold 100 energy but we still have to play at least 3 times (Every 8 hours) a day. Yeah it’s possible but you have to be willing to check the game constantly through the day for 2 weeks. This answers how much quick looting you have to do to get the whopping deal of 20 Zola tokens. I just can’t waste my day quick looting dungeons for 2 weeks to get 20 Zola tokens. Unless it takes only 20 tokens to get Zola 6 stars.

Are you counting tickets from the quest rewards as well, or are these numbers only from quicklooting the 1 event dungeon? If its the former you might need to rerun the numbers because most of the event quests will require a decent amount of energy spent playing other dungeons than the event dungeon which would mean you would need WAY more stamina than you predict to reach those numbers.

If you are not counting the tickets from all the quest rewards you might want to make sure you are not leaving a huge amount of tickets on the table for simple math. It might be more cost beneficial stamina wise to chase quest tickets instead of the 50/100/200 that drop from quicklooting.
  • JonahDennisJonahDennis Member
    edited January 24
    3,360 is how much energy you will earn for free during this event from the automatic 1 energy every 6 minutes. 700 extra if you watch the add for +50 energy. If you get 50 tickets every time you quickloot the dungeon you can earn 40,600 tickets for free but you are going to need 812 keys. You have to manually run/quickloot the event dungeon 58 times every day. It doesn’t seem to hard for level 80 players since they can hold 100 energy but we still have to play at least 3 times (Every 8 hours) a day. Yeah it’s possible but you have to be willing to check the game constantly through the day for 2 weeks. This answers how much quick looting you have to do to get the whopping deal of 20 Zola tokens. I just can’t waste my day quick looting dungeons for 2 weeks to get 20 Zola tokens. Unless it takes only 20 tokens to get Zola 6 stars.
  • @Lionheartwolf Just quick looting the event dungeon. This does not count for doors or quest. Just proving how hard it actually is to get the 200,000 tickets.
  • hudson1520 wrote: »
    @sirtainly they said during the summit that since they have received lots of feedback in the past that the event shop has been lacking they decided to put more in it but they said you have to understand you won’t necessarily be able to buy everything. They just wanted to give options, but I understand your frustration

Have you actually done the math on what it would take to get the rune or even worse the Zola tokens? Unless the new quests coming out offer a whole lot more tickets than the current ones did it is virtually impossible without buying tickets. And even if you did purchase a single purchase at 35k tickets most likely wouldn't be enough.
  • Dunno why everyone is complaining. They clearly just intend you to APM the random token chest a bunch until you have enough Zola jackpots to ascend her.
  • PugsOfWarPugsOfWar Member
    edited January 24
    @JonahDennis - I think you made a mistake in your math (see step 3 below).

Disclaimer: I am writing this after a night of little sleep so please check and correct as needed.

Step 1: Determine how many stamina can get from for free during 14-day event
    >240 (automatically regenerated) + 50 (reward for watching ad video) = 290 stamina per day
    >290 * 14 days = 4,060 stamina
    >matches previous calculation

Step 2: Determine how many event dungeon runs can complete from free stamina
    >4,060 / 5 stamina per dungeon run = 812 event dungeon runs
    >matches previous calculation

Step 3: Determine how many tickets can earn from event dungeon runs
    >812 *50 minimum event tickets per dungeon run = 40,600 event tickets total earned from event dungeon runs
    >NOT match previous calculation - error seems to be caused by multiplying the total stamina times event tickets per event dungeon run instead of total event dungeon runs times event tickets per event run (i.e., 4060 * 50 instead of 812 *.50)

Other issues to consider that will increase the number of tickets earned
    • 50 event tickets is the minimum earned from the event dungeon. Gold chests earn 100 event tickets and purple chests earn 200 event tickets. The more gold and purple chests you find, the more your total will grow beyond the above estimate
    • Manually running the event dungeon has the chance to get additional stamina from sparklies. They do not drop every run, but the amount is noticeable.
    • Even though there are 14 calendar door days, the event itself runs longer (I believe it is either 17 or 18 days). That means a minimum of another 290 stamina or 290 / 5 *50 = 2,900 event tickets for each additional day.
    • Additional event tickets can be earned by completing the event quests. Off the top of my head, I believe there are
      • 5 repeatable quests, each worth 10 * 500 = 5,000 event tickets (so 25,000 event tickets for all of them)
      • 14 days of quests, each worth 3 * 500 = 1,500 event tickets (so 21,000 event tickets for all of them)
    So, 40,600 + 25,000 + 21,000 = 86,600 event tickets (minimum from free stamina dungeon runs and all event quests)

Other issues to consider that will decrease the number of tickets earned
    • Some of the event quests will give you 500 event tickets for 20 runs of a particular type of dungeon (e.g., fire dungeons). Completing this quest will require 100 stamina. If you used this stamina on the event dungeon, you would get at least 1000 event tickets (maybe more, see above). The discrepancy may not be as bad if you consider that completing all of the day's event quests will earn you an extra 500 event tickets and a bronze key. Note: you have to be careful when you complete these event quests though. For example, on Day 1, you are supposed to run 20 ice dungeons...but on Day 3, you are supposed to collect 10 water runes. If you wait until Day 3, you can complete both with just 20 ice dungeon runs. If you do not wait, I will take at least 30 ice dungeon runs

TL/DR: It is even harder to collect a reasonable amount of event tickets for a good shop purchase.
  • RocksorRocksor Member
    edited January 24
    You can always make the non yellow runes, and not worry about the stamina spent on the dungeon runs. This would also complete the craft quest.
  • Consider the results that I show above in light of this recent summit interaction between one of the players and the DB liaison xtmn8r:

[user name unavailable] - It looks like on top of the daily quests & repeatables, you need to burn like 800 stamina every day to get enough tickets to open the doors with all silver & gold. 175K tickets at a drop rate of 50 per completion is 3.5K runs, a total of 17.5K stamina. It would be a bit less as you would get some gold & purple chests. But even across all 18 days, it does not seem f2p grindable to me. You can’t even buy the loot keys to help either. You spend 400 tickets to get 5, but 5 runs could possibly only net you 250 in return. So, forget being able to buy everything as you cannot buy much of anything.

xtmn8r - If F2P grindabe means someone who never spends could get it, then I do know there are a LOT of players who have never spent in our game and COULD grind to that level

My Two Cents
    -This calendar event has a dungeon that gives less than 1/3 what we are used to (currently 50/100/200 vs. average of 250 per Vault run last year)
    -The event quests give about 1/2 what we are used to (currently 500 for each completion instead of 1,000)
    -Several of the prices in the shop have increased dramatically (elite runes went from 100K to 175K; 20 new hero tokens went from 20K to 200K)
    -We are forced to purchase all 20 new hero tokens (for the 200K event tickets) or none of them because that is the only size available

-The player above estimates that it will take approximately 800 stamina EACH DAY to be able to purchase silver and gold keys (no rune or hero tokens)
    -Based on my previous post above, this stamina requirement is already more than 2x what a free2play person can afford. Even getting another 300 stamina per day from the Pwn Shop (1,400 pwn points) and the Aether Shop (3,000 aether) would still leave you well below what you needed. You would have to spend gems and/or $$$ to get another 310 stamina EACH DAY to have enough.

-DB does not acknowledge this discrepancy and feels that even free2players can get the really good event shop items

-Before the calendar events went down this unfortunate path, I would run my daily stamina plus 300 more from the shops to get more than 600K event tickets. It was a great feeling to be able to purchase all of the quality event shop items (mostly runes and tokens). Now, I expect to earn less than 1/3 the event tickets. Sure seems like a big difference to me.
  • It is a big difference.

What I am hearing is get used to it, either don't expect to purchase all the quality items in event shop or spend money.
    If you don't like either of those option quit already. F2P is clearly gone. you must pay to play. They no longer want your F2P dead weight on their servers. Have you not figured this out yet? It has been months.

Enjoy other games that are fun.
  • FlyteFlyte Member
    edited January 24
    Fuggit wrote: »

@SOS Anubis asked the question a few times, specifically regarding the 200k Zola Tokens and the 175K rune, and @xtmn8r said during summit that they basically don't care, and that whomever was supposed to do the math on grind -> payout didn't give him any information on estimated amount of quick looting we would need to do in order to afford anything.

So basically they answered our question with a "k" then blocked us.

I don't think this is 100% accurate. @xtmn8r informed us that there was apparently little (no?) dialogue between the "event development" team, and the "shop options" team. He recognized the challenge with being able to purchase multiple items in the shop, or *any* items of significance... He vowed to do the math.

Now, this apparent lack of communication/coordination between their internal teams is a HUGE issue, of course. But XT was not as dismissive as you make him out to be.

Bottom line, the Shop Options do not mesh well with the Event. Especially when you consider the Guild Rankings are based on PvP wins, and you get precisely ZERO Tickets for PvP (aside from the Quests where you need to "complete __X__ PvP with a __Y__ Hero", of course).

We WANT to play the game. Give us a reason to do more than QL 10 dungeons per day for the daily Guild Quest. The current Ticket/Shop combination does NOT do that.
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited January 24
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    sirtainly wrote: »

I don't even know why you are bothering with dailies at this point. This game is dead in the water...just quit and play your other games that you do enjoy. I quit awhile back and glad I did.

I still like hanging out on this forum though, reading and commenting on all of the drama :P

I don't know either, I keep considering it then telling myself I will finish out the week for my guild. I guess its an old habits die hard type of thing, an homage to an earlier time when I enjoyed DB as an escape from real life.

I agree about the forum, I'm being entertained a lot more here, although I feel guilty because its kinda like watching a train wreck in slow motion.
  • JonahDennisJonahDennis Member
    edited January 24
    @PugsOfWar yup forgot to divide for each run and accidentally multiplied energyxtickets so like you said you actually will only get 40,600 tickets for free during the event from quick looting dungeons.
  • It's a start... Get rid of the star requirements all together and we'll be happy.
  • sirtainly wrote: »
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    sirtainly wrote: »

I don't know either, I keep considering it then telling myself I will finish out the week for my guild. I guess its an old habits die hard type of thing, an homage to an earlier time when I enjoyed DB as an escape from real life.

I agree about the forum, I'm being entertained a lot more here, although I feel guilty because its kinda like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

I know the feeling man. I played this game for 3 years and was heavily involved in my guild AoA. However, as the game got worse and worse, even the fun guild part was not enough to keep me grinding the same BS.

I played the whole "this event sucks, so i will just wait on the next one in hopes it gets better" card many times. But it never gets better. The devs claim they are listening to feedback, but anytime they make a change that barely is in favor of the players, they come up with some other god-awful change. Then they will spit out the same crap of "we are disappointed that this didn't turn out the way we wanted" (which btw is BS because what they wanted was to squeeze money out from everyone), and then followed up with "we are listening and will make sure <bug> will not happen again" (which of course it always happens again).

All I'm saying is that if you've played that "card" in the above paragraph more than a handful of times, it's probably time to just quit.
  • @Flyte I also did read the summit chat log.

I would be hard pressed to believe that 0 communication between the two parties responsible for the event equals caring.

Stolen from @PugsOfWar 's post, originally from summit chat log

[user name unavailable] - It looks like on top of the daily quests & repeatables, you need to burn like 800 stamina every day to get enough tickets to open the doors with all silver & gold. 175K tickets at a drop rate of 50 per completion is 3.5K runs, a total of 17.5K stamina. It would be a bit less as you would get some gold & purple chests. But even across all 18 days, it does not seem f2p grindable to me. You can’t even buy the loot keys to help either. You spend 400 tickets to get 5, but 5 runs could possibly only net you 250 in return. So, forget being able to buy everything as you cannot buy much of anything.

xtmn8r - If F2P grindabe means someone who never spends could get it, then I do know there are a LOT of players who have never spent in our game and COULD grind to that level

XT himself believes that the store options are obtainable via F2P means, which also means his knowledge of this event is lacking.

I've completed nearly EVERY event quest (exception being the guild crowns) and only have 84k event tickets after buying a gold key (40k Tickets, Net 124K). Add 18000 for the rest of the guild crowns quest, and I'm at a net 142K tickets.

The event rune costs 175K.

33K Tickets left to obtain the rune, if I didn't buy a gold key. Since I did, I will only have 102K Event Tickets, 175k - 102k = 73K

73,000tix / 50tix = 1460 quick loots * 5 stamina = 7,300 stamina

As someone who is constantly participating in events, I don't have that kind of stamina just laying around. And I would hardly believe that a single gold key is what people would deem a substantial purchase, since the value of gold keys has fallen due to these super doors.

Guess I'm just going to spend my tickets on quick loot keys, since that's not in the normal shop anymore. Definitely not going to spend it rolling for a 9/10 chance to gain aether in that 20k chest.
  • What's next after the gorgons'epics ? A new legendary reptile tank /gorgons ? :open_mouth:
  • Kv_AsKv_As Member
    I think Zola useless, awful skills, just Willow Swift better...
  • I like the zolas option to freeze/stone the whole team ...