Buff streak

This has got to be the worst idea ever. How does this really benefit anyone?
If you are already maxed out, great, but not really getting a reward. If not, your team will be all over the place. Doesn't make any sense.

Comments

• danacdanac Member
    itll really help me get to level 81!

i've been having trouble getting there.
  • I'm hoping it rotates to match the daily boost. Today is double xp, maybe it will change for evo, material, and token boost also. Would actually be pretty nice if it does
  • BryanBryan Member
    danac wrote: »
    itll really help me get to level 81!

i've been having trouble getting there.

I’ll race you level 81!! Prepare for the grind!
    Bryan79
    Potato Society
  • Yeah, as somebody who is actively trying not to get to 80 anytime soon, this almost forces me to not play.

Why would I want to rush to the point where I will lose most PvP matches and Towers because you are giving out rank levels WAY faster than character tokens and mats for runes/epics?
  • FlyteFlyte Member
    Initially, I wasn't a big fan of this. But I (and many of us) are viewing this from a maxxed-out "high-level" perspective (I'm L73 - so not quite Max - but all of my heroes are FA, and most are 6*).

For end-gamers, PvP is exclusively about "The Meta". And all are 6*, FA, with great runes, and Max Epics. PvP defenses are reasonably "standard". By forcing players to level-up faster, we will soon have a bunch of L60-70 players with "imperfect" hero line-ups. PvP defenses will have increased variety, as players will have to break from the Meta slightly to insert one of their "better" heroes. Players will have to make decisions about which heroes to bring in on offense - as they won't necessarily ALL be 6*/FA. It will lead to WAY more PvP variety than many of us are seeing now.

Look at Zola - she has practically been designed to remain "imperfect" for longer than any hero released to date. While that's frustrating for today's end-gamers, she will fit right in on a current L35 Player's roster. Is that so wrong? End-gamers don't *really* need Zola, do they?

The challenge is that what will happen when these "imperfect rosters" get to L80, and they start running into the lot of us that have maxxed rosters? If the PvP matchmaking algorithms are adapted, then there could be a way of keeping the two types of L80s apart.
  • 1 of 2 things will happen.

1. these folks that get thrust to 80 with imperfect rosters will spend money to get more competitive (yea. what BF wants)
    2. these folks will quit in frustration as they know they can't compete without spending real money.
  • What @Flyte is really saying is that he will finally have some baby seals to pound for a change in PVP. Brilliant!
  • FlyteFlyte Member
    1 of 2 things will happen.

1. these folks that get thrust to 80 with imperfect rosters will spend money to get more competitive (yea. what BF wants)
    2. these folks will quit in frustration as they know they can't compete without spending real money.

If they improve the matchmaking algorithms, they shouldn't be put into too much of a mismatch. Almost like two divisions.
  • FlyteFlyte Member
    edited January 26
    TopKnight wrote: »
    What @Flyte is really saying is that he will finally have some baby seals to pound for a change in PVP. Brilliant!

Says the guy who has crushed me three times in the past week...

Surprising, too... you only have seven levels on me... ;)
  • Flyte wrote: »
    Initially, I wasn't a big fan of this. But I (and many of us) are viewing this from a maxxed-out "high-level" perspective (I'm L73 - so not quite Max - but all of my heroes are FA, and most are 6*).

For end-gamers, PvP is exclusively about "The Meta". And all are 6*, FA, with great runes, and Max Epics. PvP defenses are reasonably "standard". By forcing players to level-up faster, we will soon have a bunch of L60-70 players with "imperfect" hero line-ups. PvP defenses will have increased variety, as players will have to break from the Meta slightly to insert one of their "better" heroes. Players will have to make decisions about which heroes to bring in on offense - as they won't necessarily ALL be 6*/FA. It will lead to WAY more PvP variety than many of us are seeing now.

Look at Zola - she has practically been designed to remain "imperfect" for longer than any hero released to date. While that's frustrating for today's end-gamers, she will fit right in on a current L35 Player's roster. Is that so wrong? End-gamers don't *really* need Zola, do they?

The challenge is that what will happen when these "imperfect rosters" get to L80, and they start running into the lot of us that have maxxed rosters? If the PvP matchmaking algorithms are adapted, then there could be a way of keeping the two types of L80s apart.

...as one of those end-gamers, I agree -- and look forward to again schooling the new crop of noobs. Hurry up and level!

• At level 71, I'm already running into a horde of level 64 elite-laden/6*/FA teams filled with dwarves and Jin that wipe my party before I can attack in the tower. I am pathetically underpowered for the Tower; I can barely contain my excitement to be matchmade with the level 80 crowd in PvP and losing about 400 PvP matches / week.

I actually just took 24 hours off of the game to AVOID getting the 3x player XP streak, because I'd rather eat razorblades than get to level 80 before I can get my team improved.

Unlike @Flyte, I think I have about three of my 85 heroes at 6*, and haven't FAed half of them, and have exactly one hero at max Epic. Based on what I've seen of other teams thus far, I'm doing a LOT better than most of the rest of the soon-to-be chumbuckets ... outside of their one PvP team, most of their heroes could barely blow out a candle!

If there was an option to opt out of this event, I would have already done it.
  • rcdzcpi8q5ik.jpeg
    I will yeah...Momdukz ™️
  • When is this ridiculous buff supposed to end?
  • If your goal is to make DB players angry and frustrated until they are ready to quit, then bravo because you have done it.

What this policy will do is to drive players up to level 80 before they have the runes or stars to handle it. Then they will be unable to compete in PVP and quit. I would like to remind you that you cannot make any money on people who quit playing the game.

The fact that all of the daily quests include run twenty dungeons will discourage people from participating in the event.
    Then, just to make it even more annoying and ultimately frustrating the only way to stop the buff is to skip a day thereby screwing over your guild by not turning in your crowns. Bravo! What a masterpiece of torturous angst.

This idea is a masterpiece of horror that would make Bram Stoker proud.

IF YOU WANT TO FIX IT WHY DON'T YOU MAKE IT 2X OR 3X HERO EXPERIENCE POINTS AND ZERO PLAYER EXPERIENCE POINTS.
  • I love the streak buff.

Bring me more baby seals!
  • FlyteFlyte Member
    This all hinges on their fixing matchmaking. Other games have systems where you are matched up against players that gives you a 50/50 (give or take) chance at victory. There is no reason why a Max L80 team should be paired with a "fast-levelled" L80 team.

Without this, it WILL be a bloodbath.

...now where did I put my battle axe...?
  • Hahahahaha fix matchmaking, hahahahaa you guys....
  • What's the difference, I get matched now with guys 7 levels higher.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    Match making is designed to make seals spend money. Not to let players have fun.
  • danacdanac Member
    bvs72 wrote: »
    Match making is designed to make seals spend money. Not to let players have fun.

I'm having more fun in pvp than I've had in a long time.

• FluCity wrote: »
    This has got to be the worst idea ever. How does this really benefit anyone?
    If you are already maxed out, great, but not really getting a reward. If not, your team will be all over the place. Doesn't make any sense.

My Guild will hate me! I'm logging out till this ends. ***when does it end?! *** there's no date. Pls help Kthxbye

• drakesdrakes Member
    edited February 1
    q6eglbke3qzm.jpg
    At level 73 these are my current pvp options, what difference will it make if we level up quicker when match making is already off?
  • This is the biggest pieces of BS ever. I decided not to log in yesterday to see how this works. It reset today and still have the minimum 2x experience. So basically they are making you take 2x experience for the everything from now until.... whats the point. just double the experience on daily quests, all maps, the tower pvp and all other facets of the game that hand out exp. Sighhhhh.
  • Meh, I just won’t play until they remove it. In normal games you “ pay “ to level faster if you want, not forced to level faster, this is ****. And if they don’t take it off I’ll quit among a lot of other people simple as that.
  • This is the only game I’ve ever seen where people complain about free xp boosts.
  • @Monkeynuts maybe this is the only game you’ve ever seen where the devs have figured out how to weaponize Xp gain and use it against players.
  • Will they ever take it off? Or is it staying for good, wanna know so I can look for another game if so.
  • just look for another game.
  • MaxBeamer wrote: »
    @Monkeynuts maybe this is the only game you’ve ever seen where the devs have figured out how to weaponize Xp gain and use it against players.

I don’t look at it like that...in any game, you should want to advance. Here it’s more of taking advantage of sloppy game development and them trying to now close that loophole.