Survey Suggested 'Pets' in the list. Good in my opinion!

Alright so I do some negatives with positives when pets are added to the game, but maybe these pets aren't such a good idea? When was the Las trine we had a major update when somthing completely new to the game that hasn't EVER happend before in DB?
Yea they can make alot of money if the pets are good enough, maybe they have passives for certain types and certain kinds, maybe buffs undead, maybe buffs Dwarfs, and also have a really cool ability. But the worst case scenario is if they make us pay for a lootpass to collect the first few until they affically release over 20 pets
Join The Common Cold! With Disease and Chill on our side, we shall spread The Common Cold! become a Common Cold Member today!
Tagged:

Comments

• gmungmun Member
    I like the double slot hero idea better. There are still many many heroes in dire need of stat boosts and epics to be releasing pets for (I assume) the meta OP heroes. Just IMO
    Gmun
  • Under $5 for a pet or this idea will fail.
  • That's a good idea
    Join The Common Cold! With Disease and Chill on our side, we shall spread The Common Cold! become a Common Cold Member today!
  • Pets would be awful.
  • Pets will just be some horrible cash grab, most likely. Do you want another accessory akin to runes/ultimate skins/epics/starts/ascensions to manage, get resources/gold for, and ultimately pay for, to get top results? Just another thing to keep track of in order to stay competitive... no thank you.
  • Keep your **** pets off of my lawn and out of my dungeon!
  • I object unless baby seals are offered. Wait! We already have that.
  • Stuff like this is a red flag for me personally. There is only so much you can add to a preexisting structure before it becomes too unstable, and the same is true for mobile games. Too many layers make things too complex for balance, and for new people to come in and ultimately leads to a games death. Its more simple and streamlined to build from stratch with a sequel after a certain point and Im feeling this game is pretty much there.
  • Oh geez...yet *another* game with pets.

Someone's been reading the "Standard RPG Creator and Marketer's Guide."
  • Da fuq is all this hate for pets
  • li30li30 Member
    Da fuq is all this hate for pets

Hate is a strong word, I don't see it the way u look at them, they are just opposite opinions to urs, I don't feel pet system is good for DB atm, I'd rather them focus on other issues proposed in summit.
  • Anything that is contrary to WY’s world view is toxic and hate.
  • li30 wrote: »

Hate is a strong word, I don't see it the way u look at them, they are just opposite opinions to urs, I don't feel pet system is good for DB atm, I'd rather them focus on other issues proposed in summit.

I mean yea I agree that DB needs some issues fixed, but honestly its gonna be a LONG while for all the bad stuff to be fixed. But when was the last time we gotten a HUGE update that make DB feel new and better? Just sayin we can use a really big update to us to enjoy
  • li30 wrote: »

I mean yea I agree that DB needs some issues fixed, but honestly its gonna be a LONG while for all the bad stuff to be fixed. But when was the last time we gotten a HUGE update that make DB feel new and better? Just sayin we can use a really big update to us to enjoy

It doesn't help when they are adding more issues rather than fixing any.
  • get over it, unless you are going to spend big bucks to stay in the current meta (which you can't unless you spend money) this game will anything but enjoyable in it's current state.

We don't need big updates full of bugs, we need old buggy stuff fixed.
    We don't need more items or epics or pets or any other "accessory" to grind and level up. We have plenty of that.
    We don't need more to spend gems on, they are going to be scarce enough.
    We don't need more to spend real money on to get ahead, we have enough of that.
    We don't need more unbalanced facets to the game, we have enough of that.
  • get over it, unless you are going to spend big bucks to stay in the current meta (which you can't unless you spend money) this game will anything but enjoyable in it's current state.

We don't need more items or epics or pets or any other "accessory" to grind and level up. We have plenty of that.

not seeing the big picture, clearly.

So you know the big picture? Guess you could always elaborate on this......

Yes you clearing know everything.

We need a bug free, fun balanced game that draws in many players so the player base grows to very large sizes. the bigger the player base the more money they will make and the longer the game will last.
    We need fun events that everyone can participate in without spending money.
    We need a game that everyone can compete in, not just whales. If new players quickly realize that they can not compete without spending their mortgage payment, they will quit. Paying should be to advance faster not create a tier of player that others can not compete against.

Don't tell me what I clearly don't see. Open your eyes. This game is dying due to greed. They don't have the big picture in mind. They have a short term idea of how to drain a few wallets instead of how to grab a few dollars from 500k people.

Do you even realize how many players are actively playing right now over the level 50? One of my accounts got attacked by the same person 3 times in a row! That would never happen in a game Like Clash of Clans with a player base in the millions (always a high grossing game) There can't be more than 4-5k active players right now. Look at all of the active guilds. Not very many of them @ 50 players per guild. I kick 10-15 players from my public guild every few days due to inactivity (not logging in for 3+ days) Our guild does not even try to compete in guild events and we manage to get in top 200. Not a good sign of a strong good active player base.

Releasing a hero like Jin Lei, who single-handedly changes the meta and becomes the must have hero (but you must pay to star up) is a horrible long term decision. This is little picture, not big picture thinking. This takes the fun out of game. Reduces the player base. When clash of Clans introduces a new troop, they are not exclusive, everyone has access to it and it is mostly balanced. Some folks get to pay to get is sooner but most can get the new troop within a few weeks. Even then they pay attention to balance and tweak the troop to balance it after release. This keeps the fun factor up and keep the longevity of the game at the front of thinking.

This is not complex thinking. There is game design for fun and there is game design for marketing for money. It is not hard to see what is happening here.

• On the topic specific to Pets, this is how it should work.
    First, only one pet slot for the player, not each hero gets the option. Too confusing and too many layers and too time-consuming to fiddle and calculate stats, above the rest too many pets to categorize and create profiles for.
    In terms of battle, they shouldn’t be just a 5th character on your roster. No health, defense, or attack. They grant passives and a single-use move. In PvP they either use their move at the start of the battle or at the end of the first turn on Defense; and on Offense you have the benefit of using their active ability when you feel is strategically optimal.
    A passive that buffs a certain species sounds flashy, but dwarves are obviously don’t need the help so pets designed to boost the lesser characters like Reptiles, Demons, and Plants are ideal to keep them competitive.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    Please no cats, dogs, or monkeys.
  • danacdanac Member
    are muppets pets?
  • More like “hostages”
  • danacdanac Member
    are the really still hostages when no one wants to pay the ransom?

• Dang. Maybe he IS a pet...