Upcoming Game Changes (Happening TODAY, 2/12)

Comments

• atKorosLitatKorosLit Member
    edited February 10
    have these changes happened yet? I haven't seen anything and its past the date that they said it would happen no sooner than...

Not that I want these changes tho :/
  • atKorosLit wrote: »
    have these changes happened yet? I haven't seen anything and its past the date that they said it would happen no sooner than...
    They haven't happened yet. I've heard it's suppose to happen sometime next week, but I'm not sure when exactly.

I'm just your friendly neighborhood degenerate
    6w44j9hgju42.png
  • ah gotcha
  • rip db)
  • yeah, the dwarves are useless except Valkin
  • yeah, the dwarves are useless except Valkin

lol
  • My overall opinion on the update notes

Good: Adding rune items to the honor shop, Heroes that aren't normally available in the heroic summon will be available, updated rarities on certain heroes

Bad: pretty much everything else.

The point of this update, according to the post, is for new players to identify which heroes are strong, and they decided that making the good heroes nearly impossible to obtain would be the best way to solve that issue. This might solve the problems that they were tackling when making this update, but it causes many more problems for the game.

1. Gem removal: This is the change that stuck to me the most at first and for all the wrong reasons. They plan to remove gems from the PvP daily rewards, and the regular rewards. The first one at least is a major source of gems for most people, including myself, and the second one also sucks to remove gems from, though I do welcome the new daily rewards system. Edit: Rereading the post, I also saw that daily quest gems are also being removed, which was always a guaranteed 60 gems a day. Why DB why?

2. The PvP: According to the post, they want the PvP to be more rune based, and thus are adding more rune items to the honor shop, that's a great change. However, as mentioned before, they're also removing gems from the daily rewards, which wouldn't be a major problem, if it weren't for the fact that runes require gems in order to upgrade / max out. When you take that into consideration, removing gems from the daily rewards is insanely contradictory to the more "rune based" approach they're taking.

3. The new heroic portal system: The post says that all heroes will be added into the heroic portal, including the bronze heroes. First of all, no. Bronze heroes should stay exclusive to great portals because they're easy to obtain, and they clearly aren't the good heroes. By adding the more common heroes to the heroic portal, you make it much more difficult for players to get heroes that they actually want, which is made even more frustrating by removing tokens in the honor shop. It doesn't end there though, not only are they putting bronze heroes into the heroic portal, but they're also making it to where legendary heroes have a 5% chance of being in the chest. And that's for just any of the legendary heroes, if you're wanting a specific legendary hero, your odds of getting just ten tokens of them is less that 1%. If it weren't for making gems more scarce and another issue that I'll get into shortly, I'd be fine with this, but no.

4. Making hero stars a requirement for ascensions: This is by far the change that I hate the most out of these, making hero stars a requirement for ascensions. While it does make sense that stars should play a role in ascension, and I welcome the change, the way that the devs executed it along with the previous problems makes it easily my most hated change out of these. As stated before, you have an insanely small chance to get the specific hero that you want, but even if you do get the hero you wanted, good luck ascending them. With the way the new heroic portal will work, heroes will be a full unlock at 1 star, and if you want more tokens for them, you'll have to get them again in the portal. The first problem that comes out is just how many tokens it takes to star heroes up. If you want a three star hero, you'll need to get 100 tokens of that hero. If you want a four star, then 200, five stars is 350, and six stars is an insanely large 600, 600 tokens to six star any hero. This is where the ascension problem kicks in, because gold heroes will need 200 tokens to fully ascend, and legendary heroes will need 350 tokens. Legendary heroes now become nearly impossible to unlock, and virtually impossible to fully ascend. Don't believe me? Every time you get 10 tokens of the specific legendary hero you want, that's roughly a 0.35% chance. In order to get the five stars required to fully ascend them, you'll have to get them 35 times in the portal. Your chances of doing that are less than 0.1%. In fact I should probably clarify that it's roughly 0.01%. Your chances of fully ascending a gold hero is 0.03%. And the chances for silver and bronze are 0.25%, and 1.83%. The chances of unlocking the heroes are much higher than this, but these are your chances to fully ascend ANY hero. Gold and Legendary heroes now become impossible to invest in, and bronze and silver heroes will become way too common. But what about the Aether shop you may be saying. The amount of aether you'll get from a getting token from a bronze hero that you've already maxed out is 100 aether (5 per token). This would in theory allow you build up enough aether to get tokens for the hero that you want. One problem, the cost to get every 100 aether, is 300 gems (the amount required to purchase a heroic summon). So even if you theoretically had all of your bronze heroes maxed out and had a 55% chance to get 100 aether, you still need the required amount of gems, which wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that you most reliable sources for gems is gone. The dev team decided that the best way to show who the strong heroes are is by making them pretty much impossible to unlock, ascend, and properly rune up for.

I'd talk about how to fix these or how to make these problems as tolerable as possible, but this comment is already long enough as it is, and I don't want to make it any longer.
    My overall opinion on the update notes

Good: Adding rune items to the honor shop, Heroes that aren't normally available in the heroic summon will be available, updated rarities on certain heroes

The point of this update, according to the post, is for new players to identify which heroes are strong, and they decided that making the good heroes nearly impossible to obtain would be the best way to solve that issue. This might solve the problems that they were tackling when making this update, but it causes many more problems for the game.

1. Gem removal: This is the change that stuck to me the most at first and for all the wrong reasons. They plan to remove gems from the PvP daily rewards, and the regular rewards. The first one at least is a major source of gems for most people, including myself, and the second one also sucks to remove gems from, though I do welcome the new daily rewards system. Edit: Rereading the post, I also saw that daily quest gems are also being removed, which was always a guaranteed 60 gems a day. Why DB why?

2. The PvP: According to the post, they want the PvP to be more rune based, and thus are adding more rune items to the honor shop, that's a great change. However, as mentioned before, they're also removing gems from the daily rewards, which wouldn't be a major problem, if it weren't for the fact that runes require gems in order to upgrade / max out. When you take that into consideration, removing gems from the daily rewards is insanely contradictory to the more "rune based" approach they're taking.

3. The new heroic portal system: The post says that all heroes will be added into the heroic portal, including the bronze heroes. First of all, no. Bronze heroes should stay exclusive to great portals because they're easy to obtain, and they clearly aren't the good heroes. By adding the more common heroes to the heroic portal, you make it much more difficult for players to get heroes that they actually want, which is made even more frustrating by removing tokens in the honor shop. It doesn't end there though, not only are they putting bronze heroes into the heroic portal, but they're also making it to where legendary heroes have a 5% chance of being in the chest. And that's for just any of the legendary heroes, if you're wanting a specific legendary hero, your odds of getting just ten tokens of them is less that 1%. If it weren't for making gems more scarce and another issue that I'll get into shortly, I'd be fine with this, but no.

4. Making hero stars a requirement for ascensions: This is by far the change that I hate the most out of these, making hero stars a requirement for ascensions. While it does make sense that stars should play a role in ascension, and I welcome the change, the way that the devs executed it along with the previous problems makes it easily my most hated change out of these. As stated before, you have an insanely small chance to get the specific hero that you want, but even if you do get the hero you wanted, good luck ascending them. With the way the new heroic portal will work, heroes will be a full unlock at 1 star, and if you want more tokens for them, you'll have to get them again in the portal. The first problem that comes out is just how many tokens it takes to star heroes up. If you want a three star hero, you'll need to get 100 tokens of that hero. If you want a four star, then 200, five stars is 350, and six stars is an insanely large 600, 600 tokens to six star any hero. This is where the ascension problem kicks in, because gold heroes will need 200 tokens to fully ascend, and legendary heroes will need 350 tokens. Legendary heroes now become nearly impossible to unlock, and virtually impossible to fully ascend. Don't believe me? Every time you get 10 tokens of the specific legendary hero you want, that's roughly a 0.35% chance. In order to get the five stars required to fully ascend them, you'll have to get them 35 times in the portal. Your chances of doing that are less than 0.1%. In fact I should probably clarify that it's roughly 0.01%. Your chances of fully ascending a gold hero is 0.03%. And the chances for silver and bronze are 0.25%, and 1.83%. The chances of unlocking the heroes are much higher than this, but these are your chances to fully ascend ANY hero. Gold and Legendary heroes now become impossible to invest in, and bronze and silver heroes will become way too common. But what about the Aether shop you may be saying. The amount of aether you'll get from a getting token from a bronze hero that you've already maxed out is 100 aether (5 per token). This would in theory allow you build up enough aether to get tokens for the hero that you want. One problem, the cost to get every 100 aether, is 300 gems (the amount required to purchase a heroic summon). So even if you theoretically had all of your bronze heroes maxed out and had a 55% chance to get 100 aether, you still need the required amount of gems, which wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that you most reliable sources for gems is gone. The dev team decided that the best way to show who the strong heroes are is by making them pretty much impossible to unlock, ascend, and properly rune up for.

I'd talk about how to fix these or how to make these problems as tolerable as possible, but this comment is already long enough as it is, and I don't want to make it any longer.

I sincerely hope that Joel reads this
  • Can somebody tell me how to get anything better than improved runes at lvl 47?
  • I haven’t received the update would you pls tell me.
  • It doesn’t come out untill next week
  • Can somebody tell me how to get anything better than improved runes at lvl 47?

Please
  • @Zulkodd_666 I'm afraid improved runes are the best you can get, because greater runes require tomes to craft, which you can't get until you're level 50. On the bright side, you're three levels away from 50, so you're pretty close to getting greater runes. And FYI then gem cost to max out a greater rune is 1,200, so I'd start saving my gems if I were you (especially with this upcoming update).
    6w44j9hgju42.png
  • drakesdrakes Member
    edited February 10
    Can somebody tell me how to get anything better than improved runes at lvl 47?

Use the xp boost and level up
  • Consider this way of thinking about the upcoming changes...

When substantial game changes do not seem to solve the stated problem (and actually seem to create additional problems for players), there are three possible explanations:

1) The players do not sufficiently understand the game to appreciate how these changes will improve things.

2) The devs that are responsible for game design and deciding what problems/solutions to work on do not sufficiently understand the game to appreciate how these changes will make things worse.

3) The changes are not actually intended to solve the proposed problem...instead, the devs are making the changes for a different reason.

TLDR: Either we don’t know what we are talking about, the devs don’t know what they are talking about, or the changes are being made for a different reason.

Personally, I don’t think either side is stupid...and so I am left with door #3.

Just something to think about...
  • MrKoopaTroopMrKoopaTroop Member
    edited February 10
    Apparently my original comment somehow got deleted, so here's a copy of it

4. Making hero stars a requirement for ascensions: This is by far the change that I hate the most out of these, making hero stars a requirement for ascensions. While it does make sense that stars should play a role in ascension, and I welcome the change, the way that the devs executed it along with the previous problems makes it easily my most hated change out of these. As stated before, you have an insanely small chance to get the specific hero that you want, but even if you do get the hero you wanted, good luck ascending them. With the way the new heroic portal will work, heroes will be a full unlock at 1 star, and if you want more tokens for them, you'll have to get them again in the portal. The first problem that comes out is just how many tokens it takes to star heroes up. If you want a three star hero, you'll need to get 100 tokens of that hero. If you want a four star, then 200, five stars is 350, and six stars is an insanely large 600, 600 tokens to six star any hero. This is where the ascension problem kicks in, because gold heroes will need 200 tokens to fully ascend, and legendary heroes will need 350 tokens. Legendary heroes now become nearly impossible to unlock, and virtually impossible to fully ascend. Don't believe me? Every time you get 10 tokens of the specific legendary hero you want, that's roughly a 0.35% chance. In order to get the five stars required to fully ascend them, you'll have to get them 35 times in the portal. Your chances of doing that are less than 0.1%. In fact I should probably clarify that it's roughly 0.01%. Your chances of fully ascending a gold hero is 0.03%. And the chances for silver and bronze are 0.25%, and 1.83%. The chances of unlocking the heroes are much higher than this, but these are your chances to fully ascend ANY hero. Gold and Legendary heroes now become impossible to invest in, and bronze and silver heroes will become way too common. But what about the Aether shop you may be saying. The amount of aether you'll get from a getting token from a bronze hero that you've already maxed out is 100 aether (5 per token). This would in theory allow you build up enough aether to get tokens for the hero that you want. One problem, the cost to get every 100 aether, is 300 gems (the amount required to purchase a heroic summon). So even if you theoretically had all of your bronze heroes maxed out and had a 55% chance to get 100 aether, you still need the required amount of gems, which wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that you most reliable sources for gems are gone. The dev team decided that the best way to show who the strong heroes are is by making them pretty much impossible to unlock, ascend, and properly rune up for.

6w44j9hgju42.png
  • atKorosLit wrote: »

Not that I want these changes tho :/

No sooner than means at the earliest it can happen is 2/7, but doesn't guarantee it obviously. It literally can happen any date from 2/7 - end of time and they'd still be correct in their statement.
  • @Zulkodd_666 I'm afraid improved runes are the best you can get, because greater runes require tomes to craft, which you can't get until you're level 50. On the bright side, you're three levels away from 50, so you're pretty close to getting greater runes. And FYI then gem cost to max out a greater rune is 1,200, so I'd start saving my gems if I were you (especially with this upcoming update).

I will, for sure. But right now I only have 170 gems so... also when is this update?!

I will, for sure. But right now I only have 170 gems so... also when is this update?!

Any day now, and it might not be all the changes at once. Although it seems there is a hint that the portals are definitely going to happen first.
  • Yeah
  • This feels like the perfect storm again...

*Massive update coming that changes the portals and Aether...
    *Jin Epic almost at 30 days in the shop (Pre-Release is at 28 days now)...
    *Valentines Day Event...

Who has the popcorn?
    Just another nerd in the herd!
  • u mean $41567284938237126542153625748395923418237653`21643725839459845273461235?
  • Apparently my original comment somehow got deleted, so here's a copy of it

4. Making hero stars a requirement for ascensions: This is by far the change that I hate the most out of these, making hero stars a requirement for ascensions. While it does make sense that stars should play a role in ascension, and I welcome the change, the way that the devs executed it along with the previous problems makes it easily my most hated change out of these. As stated before, you have an insanely small chance to get the specific hero that you want, but even if you do get the hero you wanted, good luck ascending them. With the way the new heroic portal will work, heroes will be a full unlock at 1 star, and if you want more tokens for them, you'll have to get them again in the portal. The first problem that comes out is just how many tokens it takes to star heroes up. If you want a three star hero, you'll need to get 100 tokens of that hero. If you want a four star, then 200, five stars is 350, and six stars is an insanely large 600, 600 tokens to six star any hero. This is where the ascension problem kicks in, because gold heroes will need 200 tokens to fully ascend, and legendary heroes will need 350 tokens. Legendary heroes now become nearly impossible to unlock, and virtually impossible to fully ascend. Don't believe me? Every time you get 10 tokens of the specific legendary hero you want, that's roughly a 0.35% chance. In order to get the five stars required to fully ascend them, you'll have to get them 35 times in the portal. Your chances of doing that are less than 0.1%. In fact I should probably clarify that it's roughly 0.01%. Your chances of fully ascending a gold hero is 0.03%. And the chances for silver and bronze are 0.25%, and 1.83%. The chances of unlocking the heroes are much higher than this, but these are your chances to fully ascend ANY hero. Gold and Legendary heroes now become impossible to invest in, and bronze and silver heroes will become way too common. But what about the Aether shop you may be saying. The amount of aether you'll get from a getting token from a bronze hero that you've already maxed out is 100 aether (5 per token). This would in theory allow you build up enough aether to get tokens for the hero that you want. One problem, the cost to get every 100 aether, is 300 gems (the amount required to purchase a heroic summon). So even if you theoretically had all of your bronze heroes maxed out and had a 55% chance to get 100 aether, you still need the required amount of gems, which wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that you most reliable sources for gems are gone. The dev team decided that the best way to show who the strong heroes are is by making them pretty much impossible to unlock, ascend, and properly rune up for.

Has anyone seen any official response to these types of concerns? Is there a community manager on staff at Boss Fight who might be able to act as an intercessor to explain some of the goals of the changes?

• JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    UPDATE: 2/12

Hey Everyone! We're so excited to announce that the new portal is going live today!

Due to the nature of these types of updates, you may get the change in 30 minutes, you may get the change in a few hours. It all depends on how quickly your app store updates.

Once everything is out and it looks good, we're gonna activate a super fun GEM PARTY event that will have some of the best offers we've ever had! The Gem Party Event will feature Loot Passes for gems, as well as a Zola, Zul'Kodd, and Jin Lei Boost in the new portal! As a reminder, any free VIP or Heroic Summons you have in your account will automatically be converted to Heroic and Great Summons when you update. The additional Heroic Summons will be sent out via Boss Mail once the gem party starts.

After you update, you will not see any of your friends or guildmates who haven't updated yet, but don't fret!! They will automatically reappear on your list as soon as they update, there is no need to resend any invites.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Loot passes for gems...I'm picturing you having to pay $19.99 for a new shop tab which you then can pay another $99.99 to get 50,000 gems.
  • 4cxl9v659gt5.png
    Just another nerd in the herd!
  • This gets more and more comical.
  • BlothBloth Member
    edited February 12
    Junk