Discussion regarding these changes can happen here on the forum OR on our new Discord server! discord.gg/DungeonBoss
Hey Everyone! We're so excited to announce that the new portal is going live today!
Due to the nature of these types of updates, you may get the change in 30 minutes, you may get the change in a few hours. It all depends on how quickly your app store updates.
Once everything is out and it looks good, we're gonna activate a super fun GEM PARTY event that will have some of the best offers we've ever had! The Gem Party Event will feature Loot Passes for gems, as well as a Zola, Zul'Kodd, and Jin Lei Boost in the new portal! As a reminder, any free VIP or Heroic Summons you have in your account will automatically be converted to Heroic and Great Summons when you update. The additional Heroic Summons will be sent out via Boss Mail once the gem party starts.
After you update, you will not see any of your friends or guildmates who haven't updated yet, but don't fret!! They will automatically reappear on your list as soon as they update, there is no need to resend any invites.
We're super excited to share some upcoming changes with the community. These changes bring new life to the portal and allows more access to all our awesome heroes!
With the way the game is currently, it's tough for new players to identify which heroes are strong. On top of that, a lot of heroes are missing from the portal making them harder than we want to unlock and power up. So, we're gonna fix it! Starting no sooner than Feb. 7, 2019
the following things will be true:
- The Heroic portal includes all heroes new and old (except Aria, who will remain an Aether Shop exclusive hero).
- Every time you get a new hero in the Heroic portal, it will automatically be a full unlock at 1 star.
- The Heroic portal will ONLY include Heroes.
- Heroes are now split into rarities. The rarities are (highest to lowest): Legendary / Gold / Silver / Bronze. In general, the higher the tier, the stronger the hero.
- Hero rarity determines a hero's appearance rate and how many tokens you receive if you already own a hero.
- Legendary - 10 Tokens - 4% chance
- Gold - 15 tokens - 16% chance
- Silver - 20 Tokens - 25% chance
- Bronze - 20 tokens - 55% chance
To make all this possible we had to make quite a few changes to the game. Some of them you may like, some you may not. To be as transparent as possible, here are the upcoming changes in detail:
VIP and Honor portals
- The VIP portal and the Honor portal are going away.
- Existing VIP Summons will be converted to Heroic Summons at a rate of 1.25x.
- Existing Honor Summons will be converted to Great Summons at a rate of 1x.
Rewards and shops (Tower of PWNage / Honor Shop)
- Ascensions will require a certain star level based on hero rarity. If you already have a hero ascended below the new star requirements, the ascensions will NOT be undone.
- Legendary - 3 star / 5 star for 1st and 2nd respectively
- Gold - 2 star / 4 star for 1st and 2nd respectively
- Silver - 1 star / 3 star for 1st and 2nd respectively
- Bronze - 1 star / 2 star for 1st and 2nd respectively
- My Dungeon daily reward will no longer includes gems.
- Daily Quests will no longer reward gems.
- Tower of PWNage gem payout is being adjusted.
- The Honor shop and the PWN shop will no longer sell tokens.
- These shops will have other changes as well.
- Full changes are detailed below.
- Dungeons will still drop tokens, but you will no longer be able to refresh this drop for gems. Dungeon drops will still reset daily.
- The specific hero tokens found in the dungeons will be changing.
- Dungeons will not drop Legendary tokens.
- Astrid, Goretusk, Hagrim, and Hansuke are also not in Dungeons.
- Great Summons and Daily Rewards are no longer adjusted by VIP Rank.
- Evos will no longer be in the Heroic Portal. Therefore, the celestial evo boost for VIP 10s is no longer applied.
In consideration of these changes, we are giving all our players 10x Heroic Summons
. VIP Players receive even more!
- VIP 1-4s will receive 25x Heroic Summons instead of 10.
- VIP 5-9s will receive 50x Heroic Summons instead of 10.
- VIP 10s will receive 100x(!) Heroic Summons instead of ten and will also receive 20 evo essence.
In anticipation of questions and feedback, we also are happy to announce that we are starting an official Dungeon Boss Discord server. The developers will be on the server, so you will be able to discuss the changes with real people working on them. To set the expectations clearly, please understand that although we will listen to all feedback given, we may not be able to directly respond to all feedback or make a requested change.