Upcoming Game Changes (Happening TODAY, 2/12)

Comments

• sirolk99 wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »

VIP and Honor portals
    • The VIP portal and the Honor portal are going away.
    • Existing VIP Summons will be converted to Heroic Summons at a rate of 1.25x.
    • Existing Honor Summons will be converted to Great Summons at a rate of 1x.

Existing VIP portals will be converted to heroics at a rate of 1.3x
    As mentioned in summit and another clarifying by Xtmn8r.
  • sirtainly wrote: »
    I can find no Path of Diablo in the app stores

I just looked - It appears to be a game for PC (or MAC or Linux unofficially.) with online servers and some offline play.

But I'm toying with the idea of loading it on my desktop, playing it on my ipad using using remote desktop software so it would be in effect mobile for me.

Its free, but you apparently have to buy the game and expansion, for $20 total, the cost of a loot pass.

(I played Diablo II back in the day, I enjoyed it back then. It was a great dungeon crawler back then, looks like they enhanced skills quite a bit since...)

https://pathofdiablo.com/
    even if you own the game and expansion from days of long past?
    Or if I own them I am good to go?

I just looked - It appears to be a game for PC (or MAC or Linux unofficially.) with online servers and some offline play.

But I'm toying with the idea of loading it on my desktop, playing it on my ipad using using remote desktop software so it would be in effect mobile for me.

Its free, but you apparently have to buy the game and expansion, for $20 total, the cost of a loot pass.

(I played Diablo II back in the day, I enjoyed it back then. It was a great dungeon crawler back then, looks like they enhanced skills quite a bit since...)

Is it a similar game to DB? (ignoring p2w etc.)
  • You build characters and wander the world and fight baddies and collect gear. equip gear get more powerful, rise and repeat.
    If you have never played a diablo game, there are a bucket load of fun.

There are fewer heroes, and lots more to do in wandering of the world and fighting baddies.
  • This update is hilariously bad, I used to feed money into what used to be a fun game with awesome players, now the game has turned into dregs and I get 50x heroic summons that have atrociously low token drops!? I loved this game...
    There once was a monster from the ice
    But here's a bit of advice
    Don't try to fight him, your fate will be quite grim
    You'd go from hero to human sacrifice

even if you own the game and expansion from days of long past?
    Or if I own them I am good to go?

Don't know the answer. Wondered that too. I have the box around here somewhere too but it would take a team of archeologists to dig it up.
  • Woot (heavy sarcasm) a 15 minute “Special VIP” gem sale! They still wanted $20!!!
  • Ohhhh Path of Diablo is a Diablo game?
  • danacdanac Member
    Ohhhh Path of Diablo is a Diablo game?

i thought it was a Bioshock game
  • danac wrote: »
    Ohhhh Path of Diablo is a Diablo game?

i thought it was a Bioshock game

I don't know whose doing the online servers and launcher, but you need the base game and expansion from Blizzard.

• Today’s the day we get to see the game go from ok to garbage.
  • It’s not happening today @JonahDennis, early next week is the new projection. Unless of course they are lying.
  • MaxBeamer wrote: »
    It’s not happening today @JonahDennis, early next week is the new projection. Unless of course they are lying.

Good to know! Gives us time to hoard gems from the tower and basically everywhere else before they're taken away!
  • You guys should check out Age of Magic. It's just like DB but with much better graphics. Didn't see a single bug yet.
  • So you will destroy this game?? A lot of players will go away..
  • You guys should check out Age of Magic. It's just like DB but with much better graphics. Didn't see a single bug yet.

Looks cool. Downloading it now. :)
  • So how much money does the company want to take away this stupid buff streak? Cause I’ll pay to get rid of it I don’t like leveling in any game fast. @Joel
  • So uh.. where is it?
  • So uh.. where is it?

They got me on that wording too. It's not sooner than 2/7. Meaning it can be WHENEVER they want after that point lmao.
  • App store approvals are tough to predict.
  • I understand why everyone is so upset about the gem thing, but seriously, calm down
  • @Zulkodd_666 - Welcome to forums... LOL...

I am not upset or complaining. I was like 3 days ago... But today, I'm solid.
    Just another nerd in the herd!
  • I still don't have Zulkodd at 75 feelsbadman.
  • Can the dwarves be nerfed first?
    There once was a monster from the ice
    But here's a bit of advice
    Don't try to fight him, your fate will be quite grim
    You'd go from hero to human sacrifice