Hero Spotlight: Jumbeaux

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited February 14 in Hero Spotlights
NOTE: Jumbeaux is available in the Heroic Portal, and during the current event, your chance to summon him increases if you have a six-star Rocky, Zola, and/or Kozar. Jumbeaux tokens are also paid out from the event's leaderboard!

mgjeduza2qm9.png

Most Hated Hero: Squinch. Every time Jumbeaux plants a new flowerbed, Squinch runs through it, trampling and burning all the flowers.

Element: Nature: +30% bonus against WATER enemies, -25% against FIRE enemies

Rarity: Legendary

Tags: Ogre Plant Tank

Traits:
  • GROWTH: Increases Max Health and Attack at the end of each round. Stacks up to 8 times, resets each encounter, and can't be copied or stolen.
  • SLOW: Attacks after Fast and Normal speed heroes.

Abilities and Ascensions:
  • SWAMPED SWING: Basic Melee attack that adds Swamped to the enemy. (The next attack on a swamped target heals the attacker. Counter stack, not a debuff, can't be purged.)
  • ACE!: Ranged Nature Attack on all enemies with 100% chance to poison. Grows allied plants.

Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Fire Evo: 15
  • Nature Evo: 25
  • Water Monarch: 20
  • Runed Evo: 4

NEW Trait!
  • THORNSKIN: Deals damage to Melee Attackers.

NEW Ability!
  • GROUND POUND: Taunts all enemies, buffs DEF. Deals damage to allies allies take reduced damage for the duration of the effect. Melee attackers become Swamped. (The next attack on a swamped target heals the attacker. (not a debuff, can't be purged.)) Starts Powered. (With Snowday: Consume Snow Day to buff allies defense.)

Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Light Evo: 40
  • Nature Monarch: 35
  • Earth Sisters Evo: 8
  • Astral Evo: 2

NEW Traits!
  • BORN ON THE BAYOU: Allied Ogres become plants (gain growth.) Enemies start the dungeon Swamped (The next attack on a swamped target heals the attacker. (not a debuff, can't be purged.))
  • RAPID REGROWTH: Plants heal at the end of turn for each stack of growth.
    /list]

NEW Ability!
    • SWAMP ASSAULT: 3 Melee attacks on random targets. Applies Swamped status to enemies. (The next attack on a swamped target heals the attacker. (not a debuff, can't be purged.))
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• MrKoopaTroopMrKoopaTroop Member
    edited February 14
    Good to know that you're taking all of the time to disregard all of the problems with the recent update and are focusing on things that only expose the problems like a sore thumb.
    Post edited by MrKoopaTroop on
    I'm just your friendly neighborhood degenerate
    6w44j9hgju42.png
  • New hero spotlights should be modified to include hero rarity, I feel. That would sure be handy.
  • Spotlight didn’t work. He is still very hard to find.
  • Ogre + Plant hybrid, not even going to ask how he was born...
  • I would be more excited if I could use him. But since he is a char that requires a good star level to be usable, don’t think he will see much action.

It's almost like DB screwed themselves with these updates ;)

They make this completely unusable hero that no one will ever be able to make competitive.
  • Rarity: Legendary (will go comment rarity under every hero spotlight)
  • Is he supposed to have an epic already or is it just a visual bug of some sort? zebosapbugi4.jpg
  • How did you even get him?
  • Ududu2 wrote: »
    Is he supposed to have an epic already or is it just a visual bug of some sort? zebosapbugi4.jpg

Yes, he has an epic. They'll release it in some couple of days, probably for cash.

• Hey guys, Im level 74 (almost 75) and looking for a reliable guild that won't require me to spend money. Does anyone have suggestions?
    There once was a monster from the ice
    But here's a bit of advice
    Don't try to fight him, your fate will be quite grim
    You'd go from hero to human sacrifice
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited February 15
    Ududu2 wrote: »
    Is he supposed to have an epic already or is it just a visual bug of some sort? zebosapbugi4.jpg

Yes, he has an epic. They'll release it in some couple of days, probably for cash.

I'm a member of a large family of guilds called the Potato Army. I currently don't spend on this game. There are a few other large guild families as well, and they all have guilds that would fit you.

Here's a link to the forum thread that describes the guild family I belong to:

https://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/58669/the-potato-army-is-growing-are-you
  • How did you even get him?

Got extremely lucky on a portal pull doubt I'll ever see him again though
  • Adverb007Adverb007 Member
    edited February 16
    Why didn't they just make Jumbeaux an epic skin that gives him growth or something? Not that I'd buy the epic skin...
  • I was gonna make a sick plant team, but I guess my dreams are crushed. I was really close to a 5-star lily (was using aether), I never ascended her because I had other priorities that were already maxed out w/ stars. And just my luck, I used the 50+ heroic summons I got for free and no Jumbeaux... so I wouldn't have a plant team anyways I guess...
  • I suppose I got lucky enough and actually got this guy, but what kind of stupid crazy poorly designed "event" has no option to reliably give people the opportunity to get the new hero, or once they randomly get him, the event has NO METHOD TO GAIN MORE TOKENS FOR THE NEW HERO???

Did the devs lose their minds? Oh, wait, all the other changes seem to have confirmed that already...!!!
    Gandalf would have rocked Dungeon Boss...
    the Balrog would be a fire version of Igorok...
  • I also have a roster completing obsession, so I'm struggling to convince myself not to pay money, and just use summons and gems from quests...
  • Well the hero releases have gotten less and less frequent, it used to be 1 hero every 2 weeks 2 years ago, now it's like 1 hero every 6 months. I guess it's official this game is dead
    The Great Monk- Key shall protect my dungeon from attacks

SparkleStarley
  • Well the hero releases have gotten less and less frequent, it used to be 1 hero every 2 weeks 2 years ago, now it's like 1 hero every 6 months. I guess it's official this game is dead

Imo that's a good thing, we don't need a new hero every 2 weeks, ughh!
  • We literally have been getting a new hero every month not 6
  • Unless u were just being sarcastic