Dishonest Drop Rates

Jibber is the only hero I have available in the Great Portal. He's listed at ~5% drop chance. The number of portal pulls I've done without getting a single drop suggest that the rate is FAR lower than this vague estimate. Are other people experiencing the same?

Comments

• drakesdrakes Member
    coneyK wrote: »
    Jibber is the only hero I have available in the Great Portal. He's listed at ~5% drop chance. The number of portal pulls I've done without getting a single drop suggest that the rate is FAR lower than this vague estimate. Are other people experiencing the same?

I never get the posted drop rate, especially not on the heroic portal. There needs to be a guaranteed drop
  • The grand is garbage. I had to open 60 heroic chest to get the new hero. That's right. 60. Supposedly the hero was featured also. Never again will this company get a dime from me.
  • SchnuppeSchnuppe Member
    edited March 17
    It doesn't matter if you have only Jibber or all bronze heroes in gold portal.
    It's ~5% chance to get 5 tokens at all.

100 summons for 900,000 gold = 5 tokens unlocks for any bronze hero.Five tokens!! 5 unlocks=25 tokens.
    Prior to the update it was 100 summons for 1,000,000 gold = 60 random bronze tokens in average (10x 5 gold chests with 1 token were guaranteed!)

There are 15 bronze heroes. Each requires 600 tokens for 6*, that's 9000 tokens....

Edit: correction. It's unlocks not tokens. 1 unlock rewards 5 hero tokens.
    Post edited by Schnuppe on
  • I won't be doing any portal pulls until guaranteed drops return. The drop odds and rates are just terrible.
  • SchnuppeSchnuppe Member
    edited March 17
    Sorry, I have to correct myself.
    5% chance = 1 out of 20 to get 1 unlock.
    1 unlock is 5 tokens (correction here: 5 not 1 token).

But...

I've just tested it. Only Jibber in the portal left. 5% chance, right? I did 10 times 10 summons = 100 summons.

In average this should give me 5 unlocks (5%=1:20 chance), something like 3, 4, 5, or 6 or even 7 unlocks, right? It depends on luck.

100 summons gave me 0 unlocks. Zero. Not a single token :(
    Is this just bad luck?
    This does not feel right!
  • Schnuppe wrote: »
    Sorry, I have to correct myself.
    5% chance = 1 out of 20 to get 1 unlock.
    1 unlock is 5 tokens (correction here: 5 not 1 token).

But...

I've just tested it. Only Jibber in the portal left. 5% chance, right? I did 10 times 10 summons = 100 summons.

In average this should give me 5 unlocks (5%=1:20 chance), something like 3, 4, 5, or 6 or even 7 unlocks, right? It depends on luck.

100 summons gave me 0 unlocks. Zero. Not a single token :(
    Is this just bad luck?
    This does not feel right!

I think that it is bad luck, because if you have a 5% chance and they seem to be calculated individually (each one is "rolled") you probably won't get the hero, the only way that the odds are changed is in the 10* heroic where you get a gold+ automatically.
    There once was a monster from the ice
    But here's a bit of advice
    Don't try to fight him, your fate will be quite grim
    You'd go from hero to human sacrifice
  • drakesdrakes Member
    Jibber may be the only one you can get tokens for but you are not guaranteed him. You have 5% chance of tokens, if it throws tokens for a hero you have 6 starred you get s gold chest instead.
  • 4avjk6cdxcmh.png
    The drop rates add up to 101% with only 1% for bronze heroes. Not sure what the 5% drop rate is for Jibber. Think it should either be 100% or 1% depending on context.

I would guess that jibber is a 1% drop rate. So after 100 pulls there is a 36% to get no tokens.
  • danacdanac Member

I would guess that jibber is a 1% drop rate. So after 100 pulls there is a 36% to get no tokens.

which is a shame. I mean, it's not like you can get him anywhere else.
  • Heres the thing about drop rates...Percentages are not any sort of guarantee of receiving the item unless the sample size is stated.
    For example, Jibber has a 5% drop rate, as stated above... that is 1 in 20, but its also 2 in 40, 3 in 60 etc. So, for the drop rate to be accurate,out of 100 tries.. yu only need to receive 5 drops. you could, in theory..attempt this 95 times and get nothing, providing the next 5 times in a row, you got him every time. Unless the game specifies a 1 in 20 drop rate (not the same as a 5% drop rate) then the game is not being dishonest with anything.
    You have a 5 in 100 chance... to get the drop, but it could take 300 tries to get a single one and still have a 5% drop rate.
    ( flip a coin.. there is a 50% chance of tails, but that doesnt mean you HAVE to get tails every second flip)
  • @Zincberg I’m confused by your comment.

Suppose Jibber has a 5% drop rate (it’s actually probably closer to .5%). Then every time you pull you have a 5% chance. Pull two times in a row and you have 1-(.95*.95)=9.75% chance for tokens. Pull 100 times and you have 1-(.95^100)=99.4% chance for tokens.

Drop rate is not 5%.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    @MonkeyHunter - your comment suggests that one out of approximately 200 players will get no drops after 100 pulls. Poor @coneyK. The other 199 players did not post their success.
  • @Zincberg I’m confused by your comment.

Suppose Jibber has a 5% drop rate (it’s actually probably closer to .5%). Then every time you pull you have a 5% chance. Pull two times in a row and you have 1-(.95*.95)=9.75% chance for tokens. Pull 100 times and you have 1-(.95^100)=99.4% chance for tokens.

Drop rate is not 5%.

@MonkeyHunter i think im even more confused by your comment.
    IF each time you pull, there is a 5% chance, then every time you pull, there is a 5% chance. Pulling 2 times in a row doesnt increase your odds... it remains at 5% every single time you pull.
    again, apply your math to the coin flip. The first time you flip a coin, there is a 50% chance you will get tails. flipping twice in a row, your odds are still 50% for tails. Get heads 100 times in a row, tails in no more likely to be the next one, than it was on the first one. It remains at 50%.
  • @Zincberg think of it this way. If you flip a coin twice you can get 4 equally possible results: HH, HT, TH, TT. So you only have 25% chance to flip tails twice even if each individual flip gives you 50% chance.

Likewise, flipping a coin 3 times: HHH, HHT, HTH, HTT, THH, THT, THH, TTT gives you 12.5% chance to get tails three times.

Odds of getting tails every time in 100 flips is .5^100= ~0%.
  • ZincbergZincberg Member
    @MonkeyHunter lol...we may have to agree to disagree here, the odds of flipping any coin dont change regardless of the outcome of the previous flip. It is ALWAYS a 50% chance of flipping tails.. the coin doesnt know what was flipped previously..and the idea that after 5 tails in a row, that the next one MUST be heads is just Gamblers fallacy. Every time you flip, the odds reset to 50%, you absolutely cannot take into account what was flipped before.
    Regardless of all of that, if the game states a 5% drop rate, there is no reason to get upset if you have tried 20 times and not got one. Thats just not how percentages work.