this is what will get me to stop playing the game

80 portal pulls, no Snarky, errr, Archon.

quest to salvage 100 runes and no guaranteed runes from event dungeons.

why bother?

Comments

• most folks don't like to work hard (grind) so they can just get a CHANCE at a reward. Would you work hard all week long for your boss and then have him/her tell you that you don't get paid cause the lever pulled and you did not hit the paycheck icon? we will try again in next week. No. Just stupid. This will eventually kill the game. Work hard get reward - come on.
  • DingoDingo Member
    The fact that you’re calling it “work” belies that this probably isn’t the game for you :neutral:
  • Dingo wrote: »
    The fact that you’re calling it “work” belies that this probably isn’t the game for you :neutral:

Huh, how is this game not a grind? Now it is resource management and grind. How are you hitting min 20,000 tickets a day without it being work? The only rewards worth anything (at my point at least) are the ticket thresholds.
  • spiffymcbangspiffymcbang Member
    edited May 17
    Dingo wrote: »

I think you missed my point.
    No one likes to win a chance at winning a prize.

Lets say you compete in a race and win the event, the officials, instead of awarding you a medal, give you a chance to take the medal home. The word work can be used in many ways. if you train hard at a sport you are still working hard. If you play the game alot you can still be working hard at it.

The point of my post is when you complete a challenge you like your reward to actually be rewarding, not a chance at it being rewarding.

Gambling laws are most likely being violated with this game (and others like it.) Kids play these games and do not always understand what their money is going to. When the in-game reward is a loot box, that might be ok, but when you spend real money on these games you would like to receive what you expect to and not just gamble your hard earned money away. But you can easily spend 100 bucks on portal pulls and get nothing worth while. pretty scammy if you ask me.

I do not feel scammed or taken advantage of, since I have spent 30 bucks. But I can see how others feel.