Patch Notes: April 2nd, 2019

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
We have HEARD YOUR FEEDBACK about stamina. We're implementing the following changes as part of today's patch. These changes are considered temporary as we continue to evaluate different options, but we wanted to implement these ASAP as a show of good faith

:star: You get 50 STAMINA for completing your daily quests. Depending on when you do your daily quests, you may get this change today or tomorrow.
:star: We adjusted the 50 STAMINA AD OPT-IN so that you can access it even if you have more than 0 stamina. Find it on the ITEMS TAB
:star: 30 DAY STAMINA! $5 offer that gives 4500 stamina over 30 days. Find it on the ITEMS TAB

Thank you for your patience and trust!

P.S. - These changes may take a day to propagate depending on your device and store.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• This is a positive change driven by the average player, Guild Masters, and developers on the Discord server.

Have your voice heard!

Join us on the official Dungeon Boss Server: https://discord.gg/DungeonBoss

Benefits:
    1. Get fast, up-to-date announcements
    2. Hear about upcoming changes and events.
    3. Give feedback to the developers on game related items.
    4. Make suggestions.
    5. Find a guild or recruit.
    6. Get help with PvP.
    7. Report bugs and technical issues.
    8. Share fan inspired art.
    9. Chat with fellow guild members and colorful forums personalities.
    10. Get access to summit logs .

And much more! All on Discord and in real time.

Free in the App store for IOS users, or on Google play for Android users.
    Just another nerd in the herd!
  • We can already do all of those things here.
  • More ads...
  • I would never complain about watching a 30 sec ad to get 50 stamina.
  • I haven’t heard anyone complain about Stamina..

On the subject of complaints though, when are we going to address how it is impossible to get new heroes?
  • JonahDennisJonahDennis Member
    edited April 3
    I need 6 tokens to get my Valkin 6 starred and it’s so annoying waiting for him to be featured just so I can hope I get his tokens. PvP and daily’s should give out better hero tokens. Even if you have to make it level based where you have to be level 80 for legendary tokens from daily’s and PvP. You get nothing better by being level 80. The chances for legendary hero tokens should increase with your level. The only good thing about being level 80 is the max stamina capacity. Other than that everything else is the same besides PvP. PvP is even harder at level 80 because to get wins you have to use certain heroes. I would also like a event that gives out better rewards. The past couple events we have got nothing good besides tokens. To bad the tokens are for a hero that you can’t even use because by the time they are fully ascended they will not be apart of the meta. The only good rewards from events are the individual rewards which to get on that leaderboard you have to be willing to pay for your spot. I have been getting better rewards from my PvP season rewards than guild events where I have to actually put in more work. That is some flawed logic. Hopefully you guys make the rewards better but if were being honest it’s never gonna happen.
  • IronsideIronside Member
    I have never been able to watch the video for stamina and now it's in the shop I get an error message there is a problem please try later is that because I'm playing on my Fire tablet or is it because I'm above 100 stam
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    @Ironside it's a connection issue with DB's ads.
    Sometimes it takes me 4 or 5 tries before a video finally loads.
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    THANK YOU FOR THE STAMINA!!!
  • I haven’t heard anyone complain about Stamina..

On the subject of complaints though, when are we going to address how it is impossible to get new heroes?

This is pretty surprising as the drop in free2play stamina has been one of the most consistent complaints since the recent game reorganization. Others include the increased difficulty in getting tokens (as mentioned above) and gems.
  • spiffymcbangspiffymcbang Member
    edited April 3
    PugsOfWar wrote: »
    I haven’t heard anyone complain about Stamina..

This is pretty surprising as the drop in free2play stamina has been one of the most consistent complaints since the recent game reorganization. Others include the increased difficulty in getting tokens (as mentioned above) and gems.
    On the forum, I have read only a few complaints months ago about stamina, folks are not complaining here in droves like it is implied in the the original post. Most of the complaints here are regarding the lack of token availability and the abysmal drop rates in the portal.

What is mentioned on discord might be different.
    Why would you change official platforms for distributing and collecting of official information. All games have a forum for information, why would you go to a 3rd party app. just ridiculous, which is also interesting as in the game, you are directed to the official forum. The forum is a ghost town now.

The only thing we can surmise is they need more revenue now so are offering up stamina for sale.
  • If you want to make a positive change in the game, and have your opinion known, Discord is your best option. Not forums.

Dev's respond on Discord often. And the recent changes to Stamina show its a better communication tool.

Many of us tried out the new system, then voiced our concerns to the dev's about Stamina, and we all worked together for a positive outcome. Many other topics on the list as well.

I say leave forums and the summit behind. They do not work. Speak your mind on discord, and go from there.

The dev's want the feed back from the everyday nobody players like us. Not the mega nerd elite players in the chaotic bloated bureaucratic summit. Let's give poor Clara a break from the high and mighty experts and mega players... lol... (She is on discord as well btw).

PA, Wrath, UW, JL, Skynet, and many others are all on Discord interacting with the devs. You can also. All levels and views are welcome. It's moderated to keep it civil and productive. All opinions are taken into account. Even sour ones like mine.

Or, you can sit here and complain and be heard by no one. Your choice.
  • Still pretty stupid when the "talk to us" section of the in-game options directs players to the forum and not discord....
    Plus you can go to a forum and read what you want. Can't see or read anything without creating a discord account.

Anyway no big deal to me, I just want to complain because they ruined the game. makes me feel better. I am sure you guys are doing all you can over there. One more angry irate voice will not change anything. once or twice a day I need a distraction from work so check back in. I guess you confirmed I don't need to do that here anymore.

I don't do much but log in once a day check things out.
    when they fix the portals I might consider returning to play. probably not as I still like games with balance and there is none in this game anymore. When I first started, it felt balanced.
  • Discord is an ongoing experiment. They are not sure if they will keep it. Thus far it has proven successful and superior to forums.

You can still have your distraction here if you'd like. If you enjoy the game, and you want to make a change, you should be on discord. If you just need a sounding board to vent, then forums works just fine. No pressure from me.

The problem is, no one will take you seriously here. Whereas, on Discord, the common player has seen results... We just don't talk to Joel there. We talk to a number of developers in different areas.

Anyone who plays right now complains about the lack of stamina in game/shop changes/drop rates, etc. The devs have responded with a positive change on stamina. And i am sure we will get more changes in other areas as well.
  • @SinfulSaint you are only fooling and lying to yourself if you think that the devs actually listen and care about what the players think. The only thing they care about is if the money is coming in. They placate all of you by “listening” to you at the summit and on discord, but I guarantee you that they then do what they want to do. Honestly, I don’t have a problem with that. It is their game after all. I will play as long as I find it fun. When I don’t I will quit.
  • PugsOfWar wrote: »
    I haven’t heard anyone complain about Stamina..

On the forum, I have read only a few complaints months ago about stamina, folks are not complaining here in droves like it is implied in the the original post. Most of the complaints here are regarding the lack of token availability and the abysmal drop rates in the portal.

What is mentioned on discord might be different.
    Why would you change official platforms for distributing and collecting of official information. All games have a forum for information, why would you go to a 3rd party app. just ridiculous, which is also interesting as in the game, you are directed to the official forum. The forum is a ghost town now.

The only thing we can surmise is they need more revenue now so are offering up stamina for sale.

As others (including yourself) mention above, this forum website no longer plays anywhere near the active a part of the DB community that it used to. There are certainly people that still check it and most major dev announcements still appear here...but it is pretty quiet compared to what used to happen. Discord is where MUCH more communication resides now...including the summits. There are pros and cons to discord and who knows if it will remain the primary community portal btw db devs and players...but for now, the DB staff really seem to prefer it.

So, what I said above (about the lack of free2play available stamina being a consistently high priority complaint since the big game restructuring) reflects the discussions that occur in the most active community locales like discord and the summits. The general consensus has been that bossfight was indeed having a revenue problem with DB; so many changes have been made in the past year to make the game more fiscally sound. I acknowledge that this idea has mostly been just speculation from the player community...However, at least one player claimed to confirm the suspicion based on a conversation s/he had with someone important at Big Fish Games. Hard to know for sure.

I hope this helps :)
  • danacdanac Member
    And much more! All on Discord and in real time.

is time real?
    does it even exist, or is it an illusion?
  • @danac

I can assure you time is real and that I have too much of it...
  • IronsideIronside Member
    Apparently not only can I not watch the stamina video but there is a gem video that doesn't even exist on my Fire tablet why would that be
  • I still see game screen, need more ads, you loosing money!!!
  • DevilJhons wrote: »
    I still see game screen, need more ads, you loosing money!!!
    I don’t know why they’re flushing money down he toilet. They could easily include a rotating ads on the bottom of the screen. Think of the revenue lost by not placing ads at the end of dungeon completions. They’ll figure it out soon. I have faith.
    I don’t know why they’re flushing money down he toilet. They could easily include a rotating ads on the bottom of the screen. Think of the revenue lost by not placing ads at the end of dungeon completions. They’ll figure it out soon. I have faith.

Why only the end screen? They could have ads on the opening screen, in between each section of each dungeon, even in the middle of PVP.

And they could reward you if you respond to the ads with in-game loot, could have paid discount membership club, daily discounts sent to your email or phone, even sweepstakes entries. They could even rename the game "Dungeon Dollar Boss".

The possibilities are endless.

I appreciate your wisdom and business skills, rotating ads is good idea, but why it should be at bottom? Rotating flashing lively ads with sound on whole screen, and some dusty game at bottom looks a way better!

ads in dungeons honestly best idea I`v heard, can only advice to lock skills and actions if you haven't watched ads like:
    hero1 -> advertisment1 -> skill1
    hero2 -> adv2 -> skill2
    etc
    if you triggerd epic - watch 2 ads.

lol so silly db, couldn't think about it.
    ps our faith is our shield