Team building

Just started on this game, and loving the turn-based (non automatic) combat. Decided to spend some gems and did the 10-hero summon. Now I have these heroes and wondering which ones I should level/focus on ascending. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Here are the heroes I use most frequently:
Willow (mainly for her dps during pve)
Stone Fist (solid pve/pvp, taunt is awesome)
Yasmin (Heals pve/pvp for days)
Emily (mainly pve, revive has been useful for boss fights, good dps. Being VERY time consuming to ascend demotivates me)
Shadowblade (pve. good dps outbut, evasion is good for sustainability despite low health)

And here is what I have and am not sure about
Alexandros (was a good tank before I got Stone Fist)
Nub Nub (I find willow more useful in pve)
Masuta Kira (3 stars, haven't touched)
Takumi (3 stars, haven't touched)
Jianzi (3 stars, haven't touched)
Overlord ( Lot of hype around him but I find him difficult to fit into a team)
Black Diamond (2 stars, havent touched)
Mangle (1 star, too ugly)
Phemus (1 star, I can see there's lot of hype around him, possible due to "Blind Eye" but find his element (nature) difficult to put into a team due to the abundance of Rogar at my level)

I understand that at low levels, and the lack of ascension may make some heroes less useful. Just wondering which heroes I should focus on when it comes to grinding either for tokens or for evo's.
IGN: Krymore Lvl: 39
Shared: IGOROK (by popular demand)
Favorite hero: Chief Nub Nub (Starting to like Squinch more than this guy)

Comments

• HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Keep running your main team. But try out all the rest. You never know what will accent your team well and try out anything you can in terms of strategy. Also Phemus will become more useful late game due to many players ditching Rogar to build a unique strateguy although he still gets quite a bit of play.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• Keep running your main team. But try out all the rest. You never know what will accent your team well and try out anything you can in terms of strategy. Also Phemus will become more useful late game due to many players ditching Rogar to build a unique strateguy although he still gets quite a bit of play.

Thanks for the input, recently got Life Reaper and Sifu so I ditched Rogar for one of them depending on the other person's speed... Otherwise nothing too new

Chief nubnub's HoT seems to work for whoever's attacking me but whenever I attack, AI seems to focus better? Probably need a more beefy team...
    Pair him with Squinch if you have him.
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• Pair... Reaper? or Sifu? 6/10 for Squinch will probably get him in a couple of days. Will give it a try..
    Chief NubNUb and Squinch. My bad.
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• Somebody please help me, I am currently level 13 I have;
    Roger level 13( ascend once)
    Yasmin bloom level 13(ascend once)
    Stone fist level 13 (ascend once)
    Willow swift level 13
    Yokozuna level 13
    Shadow blade level 13
    $73,557
  • I see a lot of people in my level (13) and with some characters that I have with 1-3 starts in their characters how can I get mines as well?
  • jmejia623 wrote: »
    I see a lot of people in my level (13) and with some characters that I have with 1-3 starts in their characters how can I get mines as well?

one word - Gems
  • jmejia623 wrote: »
    Somebody please help me, I am currently level 13 I have;
    Roger level 13( ascend once)
    Yasmin bloom level 13(ascend once)
    Stone fist level 13 (ascend once)
    Willow swift level 13
    Yokozuna level 13
    Shadow blade level 13
    $73,557

I was using Yasmin Stone and Willow all ascended once and beat chapter 5 at lvl 15... should be a problem
    Rogar Stonecrusher- A solid addition to any team. He plays a tactical role as a defender or attacker. He can eat up hits and dish them out at the same time. Do not just dump him because he was the first. He is legitamently a good character.

Yasmin bloom- Yasin is prominent before the first epic dungeon but falls to NubNUb. At full ascension I actually like using her more than NUbNUb but nearly everyone here will disagree and tell you she sucks and Nub is a million times better. I'd understand if you dumped her.

Stone fist level- A slow tanky character that can turn attention towards him and debuff many foes. Give him a try and he'll be on your team.

Willow swift- Quick, deadly, and a great addition to any team no matter how deep into the game you are.

Yokozuna- Taunting and confusion is a deadly combination. However he lacks attacking power and good armour and defense. He makes up for it with a massive health stat and some crazy abilities including self heal.

Shadow blade- A Glass cannon of shifty awesomeness. He dishes out hits but cannot take them well. But his attack stat is crazy high and he can self heal if needed. Plus he has a chance to dodge attacks! How cool is that?!
    I'm on Twitter regularly