Getting sick and tired of this

kz8wx1dc4m08.jpg
I am level 48 at the time of this picture and I'm not exaggerating when I say this is not uncommon, all 3 options are 3 levels higher then me, I personally never attack any option than the one on the right and I would say at least half the time it's 2 or 3 levels higher than me, which means "miss" is a strong possibility, I often see teams I want to try attacking because they are something other than Bovus first but because they are 3 levels higher than me I won't touch them because there's no point bothering with the frustration of losing due to a miss, should miss be a part of pvp? Or maybe should we only have the option to attack people 1 level higher or lower than us?
IGN: Jjbxtch

Comments

• k08e2w47e7jz.jpg
    gcas8iegn5a9.jpg
    Literally the first attack I did after this post, stampede missed Igorok and then it's gg, game over, see you next time.
    Not fun to lose to RNG ****

• I agree with you. If you are going to loose to a team you know you can beat just because magically your heroes cant hit because they miss is stupid. Dodge is understandable but miss is just pretty much RNG at its finest. When you attack rouges you know they can dodge and you are aware of that but seeing you lost because your hero couldnt hit a giant blue tank called igorok because he is 3 lvls higher is not fair. Well i guess you cant win them all
    When I left you I was but the learner. Now I am the potato master.
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    At level 61 PVP I never have issues like this. Sorry I can't relate. Usually I have helpful advice but all I can say is rely on Perfect swing characters for these messes.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• Yea that's rough. Always happens a couple times per tournament where I have a critical miss. I don't always lose though and I try to have a backup plan.

"Outlast" type of lineups have also been making it into my strategies more often lately when facing 3 levels higher with 5-6*'s on defense. More things can go wrong and you can still pull out a win.
  • Totally. My willow missed IGOROK today and cost me a win. I wanted to forfeit all her tokens, evos and rage delete her so much. I mean, how could you miss freaking IGOROK?! He's freaking huge!!! WILLOW YOU BETTER REPENT YOUR SINS AND NO DINNER FOR YOU TONIGHT
    IGN: Kierkegaard
  • all the more reason to level up or deal with rng. I see it both ways. Great you can walk away with some bragging rights by beating a player higher level and stars than you. However there should be benefit to being higher level while on defense, that benefit is miss.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Personally I've never once had a problem with Tsume. It's more so who he's paired with. If it's a willow, that means whoever she Sniper Shoots will probably die to Soul Shred. If it's Nimrel, she might take out the guy I was going to use to destroy Tsume. If it's Bovus, I won't be able to use abilities on Tsume and will probably be forced to basic attack, only to then get double-chopped or Spreading Panic'd, which is bad even if his savage fury isn't up.
  • wzang wrote: »
    all the more reason to level up or deal with rng. I see it both ways. Great you can walk away with some bragging rights by beating a player higher level and stars than you. However there should be benefit to being higher level while on defense, that benefit is miss.
    I get what you're saying, but I'd rather have a more reliable offense than to win a couple of defenses from misses, there is a benefit to being higher level in the stats that heroes gain every time they level up. Its just incredibly frustrating to lose in that way and the only reason it happens to me only once or twice a tournament is because I generally refresh any time the option on the right is a higher level than me, which is also annoying because I want to be able to attack based on how I think I can beat their defense setup, not based on their level.

• @Jjbx I saw you had 5* IGOROK on my friend list shared hero, why you not use IGOROK instead of nitpick, it is more secured win.
  • Venny175 wrote: »
    @Jjbx I saw you had 5* IGOROK on my friend list shared hero, why you not use IGOROK instead of nitpick, it is more secured win.
    It's 6 star :D was doing a more rush down strat, nitpick means that torchy will likely 1 hit Bovus, so I can then sniper shot igo and finish him with stampede and not have to worry about him and then meteor storm from nitpick will either finish the game or leave one low enough that torchy can finish

• Yep. I've said it multiple times over the past few months: missing due to level difference is the worst thing about this game and should be removed immediately. If it took 5 hits to kill a hero, then maybe it would be fine. But when PvP is largely dependent on one-hit-kills, missing because of level difference is beyond absurd. The higher levels already have a stat advantage and are more likely to be further ascended. It just doesn't make sense.
  • wzangwzang Member
    edited December 2015
    Put it in real life perspective. Are you going to allow a six year old smack you in the face or are you going to make him miss?

Are they always going to be so accurate to hit you every time?
    9gJSaHl.gif
    Put it in real life perspective. Are you going to allow a six year old smack you in the face or are you going to make him miss?

Since when did you have a forum account Ching?
  • I've been a troll for a good 3-4 months
    9gJSaHl.gif
    I've been a troll for a good 3-4 months

Tbh I've never seen anything from you until you accepted the random invite to Viral. Even then, I didn't see you talk until you got on Line.
  • It's hard to get past your ego when there are awesome posts like mine just being passed by your eyes :p
    9gJSaHl.gif

In real life I would expect a 20ft armored ice monster to survive a couple of arrows from a little green archer, but then again comparing to to real life is a pretty silly thing to do isnt it

• I don't want to assume the original post is an intentional slow leveler, but what Haxus said is the simple truth. Level up and you won't have this problem. Getting to max level is quicker and easier than ever. If you stay low level to be stronger than your contemporaries (which, since the 6th star was introduced, has grown even less attractive to me) you just have to rely on stars and ascensions for that strength.

I only understand the issue because it pops up in pve sometimes. Being max level for all purposes of the game is something I very truly enjoy, and I recommend it to all.
  • I have this issue all of the time. I rarely see foes worth attacking that aren't at least 2 levels above me. I just go for it and try to plan for a miss or two. If it happens, I toss a few profanities to the wind and move on, remembering that it's a game (That said, I win a lot of tourneys, tho :# ). I find the advantage enjoyed by the higher level opponent to be pretty fair, actually.
  • CurTotoro wrote: »
    I have this issue all of the time. I rarely see foes worth attacking that aren't at least 2 levels above me. I just go for it and try to plan for a miss or two. If it happens, I toss a few profanities to the wind and move on, remembering that it's a game (That said, I win a lot of tourneys, tho :# ). I find the advantage enjoyed by the higher level opponent to be pretty fair, actually.

@CurTotoro I can see why it's there. Still doesn't stop me from wanting to smash my phone when it happens. Haha

Btw-I wish I'd stopped to record the raid I had against your defense in the Icebloom tourney. It was the longest raid I've ever had and was pretty epic. You had the toughest defense I saw that weekend.
  • Jjbx wrote: »
    wzang wrote: »

In real life I would expect a 20ft armored ice monster to survive a couple of arrows from a little green archer, but then again comparing to to real life is a pretty silly thing to do isnt it

It is. But it is an RPG. And combat in any RPG has always involved higher chances to miss when attacking higher level opponents.
  • theKO wrote: »
    CurTotoro wrote: »
    I have this issue all of the time. I rarely see foes worth attacking that aren't at least 2 levels above me. I just go for it and try to plan for a miss or two. If it happens, I toss a few profanities to the wind and move on, remembering that it's a game (That said, I win a lot of tourneys, tho :# ). I find the advantage enjoyed by the higher level opponent to be pretty fair, actually.

@CurTotoro I can see why it's there. Still doesn't stop me from wanting to smash my phone when it happens. Haha

Btw-I wish I'd stopped to record the raid I had against your defense in the Icebloom tourney. It was the longest raid I've ever had and was pretty epic. You had the toughest defense I saw that weekend.

@the
    theKO wrote: »

@theKO was it this def?umdi1rjaf7pv.png
    Because when i raided him this legit lasted like 12 rounds... i think IGO polar pounded twice..
  • CurTotoroCurTotoro Member
    edited January 2016
    @CornamentoO_O and @theKO, I'm glad you both had to work for those wins, cause I think you both and @Jayyco were the only losses on my defense that tourney, which started with my standard bait team of Yoko, Willow and Diamond and then got a little beefier to hold up at the end. Still didn't stop you guys, nice work! :p

To redirect a bit, this is what I'm getting real tired of:
    jm4yb5ay0pgc.jpg

That dude had almost 35 more raids than me. This is sadly very common. The tourneys I lose are generally because I just can't get enough raids in to match the gem-spenders even though I'm winning all of mine and picking the toughest challenges to get trophies. The only thing that helped me win the ice bloom tourney was wreaths, which I was fine parting with, and I've spent all of mine on extra PvP raid tickets to keep up with gemmers and win tourneys the last couple weeks.

I would love to see an option at the start of every PvP tourney where each player chooses to enter either an unlimited tourney with as many raids as players want to buy, or a capped tourney where every player is limited to the same # of raids. That tourney might also limit or eliminate the opponent refresh option.
  • CurTotoro wrote: »
    at the start of every PvP tourney where each player chooses to enter either an unlimited tourney with as many raids as players want to buy, or a capped tourney where every player is limited to the same # of raids. That tourney might also limit or eliminate the opponent refresh option.

If they did this then forums would explode with people complaining about bad rng in getting opponents. Really bad when you get right opponent worth 27 trophys and next get gets 49 trophy opponent... so limited raid and opponent refresh would come down too almost 100% rng on what trophy count you get
  • mauddbene wrote: »
    at the start of every PvP tourney where each player chooses to enter either an unlimited tourney with as many raids as players want to buy, or a capped tourney where every player is limited to the same # of raids. That tourney might also limit or eliminate the opponent refresh option.

If they did this then forums would explode with people complaining about bad rng in getting opponents. Really bad when you get right opponent worth 27 trophys and next get gets 49 trophy opponent... so limited raid and opponent refresh would come down too almost 100% rng on what trophy count you get

Whatever. If it were that way for all players it's fair and I have no problem with it. Luck is already a huge factor in the game, tho you can increase your odds strategically. It would equal out over the course of the tourney. You can always wait for the opponents to refresh automatically too, yeah? Either way, that's the minor issue, the bigger one is the capless raid numbers.
  • @CornamentoO_O @CurTotoro yes that was the defense.

lrt9jhdmka0r.jpeg

@mauddbene @CurTotoro on the note of tournaments, I think there's a solution to both your comments here. What if the tournament was a paid entry (300 gems?) for up to 100 people. Then all trophy counts are locked and you get the opportunity to fight just those 100 people, once each.

Everyone ends up with 99 attacks against the same people and whoever has the best record at the end wins.
  • theKO wrote: »
    @CornamentoO_O @CurTotoro yes that was the defense.

@mauddbene @CurTotoro on the note of tournaments, I think there's a solution to both your comments here. What if the tournament was a paid entry (300 gems?) for up to 100 people. Then all trophy counts are locked and you get the opportunity to fight just those 100 people, once each.

Everyone ends up with 99 attacks against the same people and whoever has the best record at the end wins.

Lose the paid entry and it sounds fine. I stopped buying gems weeks ago ;) I like the idea of battling peeps in your tourney more often.

• I agree with @theKO and @CurTotoro... tourneys can get pretty messy when the reward is good. I lost my icebloom tourney and i knew i was gonna win it... i didnt gave up but just couldnt keep to how many attacks my enemie made..
    bk93viji8ra9.png
    As you can see i went ham and i had a better ratio than him but shout out to @Jedediah .
    I talked to him by pm and he told me he still had sone spare wreaths :|
  • CornamentoO_OCornamentoO_O Member
    edited January 2016
    theKO wrote: »
    @CornamentoO_O @CurTotoro yes that was the defense.

Lose the paid entry and it sounds fine. I stopped buying gems weeks ago ;) I like the idea of battling peeps in your tourney more often.

Actually you get 300 gems from the tower so you could be more than able of paying the price to enter every now and then. But maybe make it more accessible, like 100 gems (one of the prizes for 1st place)