Updated Kill Quest Guide by DungeonPro and Thescar22

DungeonProDungeonPro Member
edited February 2016 in Main Campaign Discussion
This chart is to show you where is the best dungeon to complete those kill quests and get on with farming! The blank spaces are for quests we did not encounter yet during our research as the wiki does not list ALL current kill quests. Big thanks to @Thescar22 for doing all the research while I made the pic! 4yyazhphe82n.png

Non-confirmed due to level:
Big Game Hunter(Beasts):Shimmering Caves, 4-6

Usage:
The picture in each text box is the enemy you need to kill, and the words to the right is the corresponding quest(s). Underneath it is the name of the dungeon as well as where to find it in (Chapter-Dungeon) format.

Feel free to use it but don't copy it!

Happy farming!
ouldpa73a39.png

6* Hero Count: Squinch, Willow Swift, Black Diamond, Ignus the Mad, Chief NubNub, Therand Fiddlestrom, Pontifex Mortis, Dagrund Blacksmoke, Tsume, Mangle Jaw, King Yorick, Samurai Takumi
Check out my Kill Quest chart here!
See my guide to the Tower of Pwnage here!
Post edited by DungeonPro on

Comments

• Very nice work. Thanks for the effort.
  • this is awesome, thanks a lot
    kq9dbsbf9oix.jpg

• andrekeroxdandrekeroxd Member
    edited February 2016
    Excellent post! What about Noble Shadowfolk quests though?
    IGN: andrekeroxd
    Profile ID: 547586
    Clan: The Last Clan

Have a Boss day :)
  • +1, very cool.
    9Ahi08z.jpg
  • Thanks a lot! This really helps save me a LOT of energy, considering I don't have that much.
  • On what did you base which dungeon?

I can think of some point worth to consider:
    • Energy it costs to run the dungeon
    • Number of fixed enemies
      • bosses
      • mini-bosses
    • Number of randomized enemies
      • actual numbers (random example: chapter 12 level 2 has 7 enemies that can be the target you are looking for)
      • number of possible enemies in a certain slot (random example: chapter 12 level 2 room 3 enemy 1 can be fire-willow/nature-sir william/fire-yokozuna while in room 4 enemy 1 can only be fire-willow/nature-sir wiliam)

Did you also take into account that some targets appear in levels not listed in the quest travel menu?
    I'm a little old cat lady from Uttica.
  • DungeonProDungeonPro Member
    edited February 2016
    @MaCoPi We based our research on almost all of those things. Ex. 5-1 and 18-5 are all warriors and cyclops respectively and both only take 5 stamina.
    And for 8-6 Stave the Darkness all the enemies are dark except the boss, there is quite a lot.
    And also for 5-8 (Monk Busniess) only about 50% of the enemies are monks but it is a long dungeon and it only takes 5 stamina.
    ouldpa73a39.png

6* Hero Count: Squinch, Willow Swift, Black Diamond, Ignus the Mad, Chief NubNub, Therand Fiddlestrom, Pontifex Mortis, Dagrund Blacksmoke, Tsume, Mangle Jaw, King Yorick, Samurai Takumi
  • I am pretty new to the game and this helps out so much. Thank you!!
    benward1?gid=Yogosuns

~~~Raid n Chill~~~

• This is awesome! @Joel @Joveth Sticky?
  • @MrBean I agree. This deserves a sticky. It saves me at least a run every day, and that's a bug deal since I only have 40 energy. @Joel @Joveth Pleeeasee?
  • AeruAeru Member
    edited February 2016
    Woah so cool! Thanks!

Edit: Psssst I think imps are missing.
  • @Aeru Thanks for the reminder! I'm pretty sure it's "Hard Out Here for an Imp," right?
    ouldpa73a39.png

• You have my gratitude for this guide. Thanks!
  • TherrinnTherrinn Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    edited February 2016
    The Wraith Squire kill quest (I'm not sure what the name is) can usually be completed by a single run of The Infinite Army 8-6.
    Nevermind, it's up there and I didn't see it the first time I checked.
    OverrideB1
    “I bought a big bag of potatoes and it's growing eyes like crazy. Other foods rot. Potatoes want to see.”
    ― Bill Callahan, Letters to Emma Bowlcut
  • Can we get this stickied? @Joel @Joveth @HaxusBloodbane
    Formerly of the Potato Army. I've mostly quit playing DB. However, I can be reach in Book of Heroes (in game or forum) as bbbb.
    2rc900l.png
  • @DungeonPro Is this meant to be for all the hunt type quests? There's Big Game Hunter for beasts too.
  • RenlyRenly Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Thanks @DungeonPro and @Thescar22, this is super helpful!
    IGN: Renly
    DB Guru | OG Potato | Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne

“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
    ― A.A. Milne

• @Sev3n Thanks for that. I'll get to work!
    ouldpa73a39.png

• The Guide/Chart has been updated with the quest "Hard Out Here for an Imp!" Thanks to @Aeru for the reminder!
    ouldpa73a39.png

• Thanks a lot guys. Nice work. Sticky?
  • I think this is great. Thank you for compiling.

I'd like to make a suggestion for you to consider. Please consider listing not only the best but the top 3. Then for each dungeon list the celestial evo and also the token available from each dungeon. This would allow players to complete the quest and farm for tokens/evos they might need.

• @Charred That's a great idea, except the top 3 dungeons may be a bit too ambitious. I could make the best dungeon for players under a certain level, and I definitely can add in celestial evos and hero tokens. After all, after finishing this, I have nothing to do really! Maybe I'll design my own signature for the forums...
    ouldpa73a39.png

• Sev3nSev3n Member
    edited February 2016
    @DungeonPro Another quest for your list - "Silent Knight" to kill 20 knights.
  • I didn't see the one for the sumos on here. I run Pillaged Village to get 13 of the 15 sumos. I am not sure if there is a better one. Pillaged Village is 14-5. The quest is named Mawashi Master (Defeat 15 Sumos)
    EnjoyLife73
  • Bye-Bye Succubi (Defeat 15 Baronesses) - I run The Black Fortress. First run through nets me about 9 kills. I am not sure if this is the best board to use.
    EnjoyLife73
  • @EnjoyLife73 @Sev3n Thanks for all the reminders but it will take a few days for me to update it. I have quite a few events over the next few days in real life. :neutral:
    ouldpa73a39.png

• Wanted: Fire Palms is another missing. Thanks for all the hard work on this!
    9Ahi08z.jpg
  • Firstly, great contribution to the boards.
    Secondly, I hope things go well in real life