Dark and Light Heroes Wage War! Which Side Are You On?

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
2m3j2yva3i32.png

The Dark and Light Heroes are at it again! We've got four special event dungeons prepared, two of which have special conditions. You can only run the Hard dungeon with Light Heroes, and you can only run the Very Hard dungeon with Dark heroes. Naturally, there are quests to be completed and tokens to be collected. As for the portal, Augustus and Overlord Executum are fighting in the Heroic Portal. Try a summon, one of them might just fall out!

For the tournament, we've got Celestial Evos for Overlord Executum and Augustus and special PVP-only bonuses:
  • +20% Defense for all Light Heroes
  • +10% Attack for all Dark Heroes

Don't poke your eyes out, kids!
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com

Comments

• PrezObamaPrezObama Member
    edited March 2016
    @Joel Does an unlock for Executum drop more than 10 tokens in the heroic portal for this event?

P.S. Not sticky, at least in the Recent Discussions - edit: Sticky Now!
    Post edited by PrezObama on
    9Ahi08z.jpg
  • Woohoo! I'll finally get those Alexandros tokens!!!
    KashHatton
  • PrezObama wrote: »
    @Joel Does an unlock for Executum drop more than 10 tokens in the heroic portal for this event?
    25 tokens

So_B_Dark_Ifrit.jpg
  • GimceGimce Member
    VH lets your realize why Brom is a slow hero. His second and third skills are insanely OP.
  • Yeah can confirm OE gets 25 tokens. I used a 10x as I still need to unlock Auggie... so of course I get 0 Auggie and 4x OE >.<

At least he was 25 tokens a go. Also got Balog and Ekko. Wondering if I should spend the 3k gems I have left go another go...
    Level 31 - and leaving the game. Thanks to undesirable changes in the game.
    6* heroes (in order obtained): Pontifex, Icebloom, Therand
    5* heroes (in order obtained): Lady Nimriel, Bovus, Takumi, Mangle, Dagrund, Ignus, Jabber, Squinch, Willow, Masuta Kira, Nub Nub, Black Diamond, Alexandros, Yorick, Executum, Phenol
  • VH

Highland Rangers - Fast with Boomer which is extra likely to crit

First attempt - Facing 3 Rangers in the first round - a dead FA 6* Dagrund and FA 5* Ella, this from the first two Ranger attacks, both Boomers which critted.

I guess this is another VH that I don't have a **** show of completing

Good luck to the 1% (or less) of players who do complete it

I liked this game better when light could not crit dark and vice a versa.

Having to get favorable RNG in order to complete a Dungeon is crappy design

So the 1% get stronger with more tokens etc, whilst the rest of your player base gets more and more frustrated with your decisions, e.g. Xp quests, quests which cater to 1% of player base, light critting dark, needing favorable RNG

You are creating a case of the Haves and the Have Nots. So if all you want to do is cater to the whales you are going to lose players

I would not recommend this game to anyone now
  • gmungmun Member
    Did you try taking some fast heroes?
    Gmun
  • DarkIfrit wrote: »
    PrezObama wrote: »
    25 tokens
    Decadent wrote: »
    Yeah can confirm OE gets 25 tokens. I used a 10x as I still need to unlock Auggie... so of course I get 0 Auggie and 4x OE >.<

At least he was 25 tokens a go. Also got Balog and Ekko. Wondering if I should spend the 3k gems I have left go another go...

Thanks gentlemen, been saving for a boosted Executum portal, time to drop some gems!
    9Ahi08z.jpg
  • Good luck. I did get 100 tokens for him so that was good, just wish I'd unlocked Auggie as well. Or at least one of the others that I haven't unlocked (ahem, Julius, ahem)

Very tempted to burn my remaining gems. Might get 4 Auggies (I wish!)
    Level 31 - and leaving the game. Thanks to undesirable changes in the game.
    6* heroes (in order obtained): Pontifex, Icebloom, Therand
    5* heroes (in order obtained): Lady Nimriel, Bovus, Takumi, Mangle, Dagrund, Ignus, Jabber, Squinch, Willow, Masuta Kira, Nub Nub, Black Diamond, Alexandros, Yorick, Executum, Phenol
  • First of all there is only 1 fast dark hero, so no I did not take fast dark heroes

Also I seriously doubt it would make that much difference. On VH they are all Blessed. I have 5 Blessed heroes and they are not all dark

The other heroes I took in were a 6* 1A Pontifix and a 5* FA Overlord. All dead in second round
  • Uszaty223Uszaty223 Member
    edited March 2016
    There is a reason for which it's called "Very Hard", you know.
    In-game level: 6x
    Shared Hero: Phenol Thoxian ★★★★★★
    Favourite Heroes: Phenol Thoxian, Shadowblade, Samurai Takumi, King Yorick, Sir William, Overlord Executum
  • VH is not meant to be nigh on impossible or totally dependent on RNG

OR require a player to spend a huge amount of money

And wow, I did not realise that VH stood for Very Hard [/sarcasm off]
  • I beat VH with 5* shadowblade, 4* overlord executum, 5* pontifex, 5* Brom (single ascend). None were blessed. Key is to kill the fast guys as soon as possible.
  • VkwVkw Member
    I'm a firm believer in vh being vh. (even last vh event I commented that is vh and stop whining about it).

This is the first event where I feel like RNG is too big of a factor.

Three attempts with a mix of 5 & 6* FA and I have yet to get to boss room. Inevitably the third room has three fast and they take out two of my guys.

I think this should be subtitled "Zomm required." Without his 25% hp buff this instead becomes a challenge against which mobs spawn. If I can get the third room to have 1 or 2 fast instead of 3 I might be able to peak at the boss.

Unfortunately, I have no Zomm. Guess I'll try and roll the dice for easier mob spawns to try and clear it. That's not a fun way to make a dungeon vh...
  • gmungmun Member
    edited March 2016
    Here was my recipe.
    6mdef9863wi7.png
    Only 6 star there is Kobal, but Kobal is blessed. I used shadow to always take out a boomer before they could go. Then Kobal kept everybody diseased so their damage was nerfed. You will have to have some stars / ascensions on your dark heroes to get through.

The first VH dungeons I ever got through were the Christmas ones (Igo and Icebloom ones). My team just wasn't good enough until then.

PS: Sorry about the comment above, that was before I did the dungeon and didn't realize it was dark heroes only at the time.
    Gmun
  • Sylfae wrote: »
    Hint: Zomm makes stuff not die.
    Sylfae wrote: »
    I'm VIP1, completed VH.

How lucky of you to have Zomm and not have access to the VIP portal....
    9Ahi08z.jpg
  • VkwVkw Member
    So I attempted a 4th time, it was a walk in the park as I only had one fast mob throughout the entire dungeon. 3* with only one energy pot used. Compared to having 2-3 fasts per room, this was closer to a medium dungeon. Put the fast mobs back in, it's unbeatable without Zomm & full 6* FA team. That seems like pretty poor design relying on the quantity of one mob to make it VH.
  • zo3wedpjmbuh.png
    078mwzwxn0v7.png

The most important is kobal to disease all team on all time. And remember to use taunt to avoid kobal be kill by rogue before get in boss fight.
  • Pretty sure I won't be beating VH this round. May not even get through H. My light and dark heroes are my most neglected.
    That said, I'm grateful for the tokens I can get. Already added a star to Sifu :-)
    KashHatton
  • flurgx3000flurgx3000 Member
    edited March 2016
    This is really a ridiculous level..
    Got in with 4 6*, of course the aim is to get 3 stars for the dungeon..
    But, question for the wise guys, how am I supposed to kill 3 fast heroes with one sb?
    My first run was the best, had only 2 fast heros in the dungeon, so yes it depends on "luck" and that kinda sucks imo.. If you don't want to depend on luck, then better drop some money, or simply forget those lousy tokens, and maybe even this lousy game!
    Glad I'm coming closer and closer to the day where I'll leave db behind me!
    You got me for a long time, congratulations on that!

Edit: yep, made it, on the 5th run or something, no single boomer except the one at the boss who is always there.. Stupid..
    Post edited by flurgx3000 on
  • I made it through easily with 6* ponti, 5* executum, 5* brom, 4* Zom. The hard level was cake using 5* leo (team ignores enemy dark bonus), 6* ekko, 5* augustus, 5* emily. Can switch her out, she didnt do much. It was fun using leo's aoe which amps light dmg, then ekko's lightning storm. Killed whole teams
  • Cleared with 6* FA Bromm, 6* FA OE Blessed, 6* FA Ponti Blessed, 6* FA Dagrund and even that was rough. First time round I had 4 rouges in the first dungeon which wiped my entire party without me getting in a move :neutral:

Mustybadger
  • Uszaty223Uszaty223 Member
    edited March 2016
    6* Shadow, 4* Executum, 3* Zomm and 4* Brom here.
    3 energy potions.
    Overlord died on last level because he was tanking.
    In-game level: 6x
    Shared Hero: Phenol Thoxian ★★★★★★
    Favourite Heroes: Phenol Thoxian, Shadowblade, Samurai Takumi, King Yorick, Sir William, Overlord Executum
  • 3*ing VH is what everybody wants. Reality is if you beat it even at 1* it is a good accomplishment. I met with the light ranger three different times first run and 3*'ed the dungeon. Yes I have ascendancy due to having all my heroes maxed I used. I had Executum, Malice, Brom and Zomm. Zomm was blessed which helped. Malice almost died once as well as Executum. Thanks to leech on Executum he did a great job. If someone doesn't have Zomm or Malice I see Shadow blade and Kobal being useful alternatives. Have fun!
    z8739qn4og6c.png
  • 2* it first try with 6* FA Dagrund, 6* FA Ponti, 4* FA Overlord, and 5* FA Brom. First room, two rangers killed Dagrund before I got a turn. Thought it was a lost run, so I would make it as far as I can to learn the stage. Somehow, managed to beat it. Undeads are actually a really good sustain team. I brought 3 energy potions and used them whenever I needed an extra leech to keep someone alive. After killing the rangers, I milked every stage as long as possible to get everyone's skills charged back up. I think my next try I will bring 6* FA Shadow instead of Dagrund. My OE is 3 tokens from 5*, so that should help too.
  • i cleared VH using 4* Ponti 3*brom 4* OE and 4*dagrund, using OE as the tank i tried to get as many healing hands on him as possible
  • Wait why does OE give 25 tokens instead of 10 can somebody explain
  • GanjaPower wrote: »
    Wait why does OE give 25 tokens instead of 10 can somebody explain

He's featured in the portal for this event so they increased his token output. After the event ends he'll go back to being 10 tokens.
    9Ahi08z.jpg
  • wow 17 heroic summons and all i got was 1x OE a bunch of ignus and 1 Jianzi, when will they remove ignus nobody uses this **** its irritating as **** to get tokens for him wtf is his summon chance 80%?
  • GanjaPower wrote: »
    wow 17 heroic summons and all i got was 1x OE a bunch of ignus and 1 Jianzi, when will they remove ignus nobody uses this **** its irritating as **** to get tokens for him wtf is his summon chance 80%?

I was annoyed for a long time about getting tons of Ignus tokens. After the Caster buff and with all of those stars, he is now a certified badass.
    KashHatton