Marketing Special Skin (Idea)

Ok, I think I express enough about my opinion on this here, but would like to share with you all one more time and be done with it :)

Here's what I am thinking. Instead of selling Skins on Heroic portal, sell them on VIP portal.
Whatever next skin comes out, you need to be VIP 5 to pull the skin out of 4 heros. Leave the odds as reasonable as other heros.
Point is that, I think you guys might be more successful in your business when you bring majority people moving up to next level, other than trying to get the most out from top 1% customers. If majority people becomes VIP 5 and happy with their latest hero Skin, next one could be VIP 6 to pull them off and so on. It also works well VIP members not being awarded enough. In my opinion right now VIP system is broken in DB. I never felt like I am a VIP from this game even though I maxed VIP long time ago. I was really excited when I found out this game 3 months ago and had so much faith in the game itself, but I am not sure anymore because their bad marketing strategy.
Love to hear from all of your feed back. Thank you guys!! :)

Comments

• You do know the "P" in "VIP" stands for peasant, right? It's right here in the dungeon boss dictionary.
  • MaCoPiMaCoPi Member
    BoxHero wrote: »
    Here's what I am thinking. Instead of selling Skins on Heroic portal, sell them on VIP portal.
    Whatever next skin comes out, you need to be VIP 5 to pull the skin out of 4 heros. ... If majority people becomes VIP 5 and happy with their latest hero Skin, next one could be VIP 6 to pull them off and so on.
    So you are basically telling them to screw their player base even more than what they are doing now?!?!
    I'm a little old cat lady from Uttica.
  • BoxHeroBoxHero Member
    MaCoPi wrote: »
    BoxHero wrote: »
    Whatever next skin comes out, you need to be VIP 5 to pull the skin out of 4 heros. ... If majority people becomes VIP 5 and happy with their latest hero Skin, next one could be VIP 6 to pull them off and so on.
    So you are basically telling them to screw their player base even more than what they are doing now?!?!

Whatever business you are running you want solid money flow, not flesh events with quick money.
    Weather they take my idea or not, they should focus on how they contribute their contents tasteful enough to make majority people would want spend some money. That's going to build up their solid business. Right now, I feel like they are relying their revenue on top 1% customers. That's scary business. They can't hold their revenue unless they keep through fleshy events at you. Imaging top customers turned away from them, that could be really end of story if they don't prepare.
  • Dad2KNKDad2KNK Member
    @MaCoPi I think you're missing the point. I did at first, too but moving the skins to the VIP portal alone wasn't the whole intended change I believe.

I will take the liberty of amending the idea:
    1) take the skins out of the heroic portal.
    2) make them cash items in the VIP shop
    3) set the price at $19.99
    4) set the entry level at VIP 4 initially, with advanced notification that the required VIP level will increase as time goes by
    5) make the skins change attributes while equipped (e.g. +5% crit, -200 defense)

This incorporates many players' feedback

I think this benefits everyone. As a f2p player so I am locked out. But sustainability is my 'win'.

Let the debate continue.
  • MaCoPiMaCoPi Member
    Dad2KNK wrote: »
    @MaCoPi I think you're missing the point. I did at first, too but moving the skins to the VIP portal alone wasn't the whole intended change I believe.

4) set the entry level at VIP 4 initially, with advanced notification that the required VIP level will increase as time goes by
    That point make a big difference. If you start off at VIP 5 and when everybody is happy to have reached VIP 5 so they can get the skins only to move them to VIP 6 is a BS move. If you say up front it starts at VIP 4 but along the way it will be raised to VIP X that's fine, because everybody knows what's coming.
    I'm a little old cat lady from Uttica.
  • Dad2KNKDad2KNK Member
    Precisely.
  • I initially thought the skins give 20% bonus across the board in PVP but it turns out it's only during the "skin" event.

Otherwise the skins are useless cosmetic add-on. If the features are permanent with additional attributes like when building a set in Diablo, then maybe the current skin difficulty is GOOD. But since it's just cosmetic most of the time, I agree it should be purchaseable separately.

• melkiomelkio Member
    the beauty of this game is that it's currently pay(alot)-to-progress(abit).

making it a straight P2Win would bring it to the exact same level as many other games.

paying reall money to get permanent buffs is P2win. paying money to get kai is pay to progress (and get an OP hero, but progress still).

i agree with bullets 1) 2) 3)
    TrueMelkio?gid=ascension