Ressurection Ability Changes

DungeonProDungeonPro Member
edited May 2016 in My Dungeon Discussion
I would like to suggest a nerf to Archangel Emily's Resurrection Ability and Leo's Secret to Eternal Life Passive Trait. This happened to me while I was raiding someone today.

The opponent's team was Black Diamond, Leonidas, Ekko, and Archangel Emily, in that order. I took advantage of the fact that the only heavy damage dealt to my team on the first round would be from Blade Storm, and brought Squinch, Ekko, Pontifex Mortis, and Tsume. I assumed that I would be able to kill the defending team before they got any serious damage off. After my Pontifex killed Black Diamond with Blade Storm, Archangel Emily resurrected her. Because she was just brought back to life, Black Diamond used Assassinate and destroyed me.

My suggestion is that when a hero is resurrected, they should have to wait until their turn comes around again until they can attack. Good change or not?
ouldpa73a39.png

6* Hero Count: Squinch, Willow Swift, Black Diamond, Ignus the Mad, Chief NubNub, Therand Fiddlestrom, Pontifex Mortis, Dagrund Blacksmoke, Tsume, Mangle Jaw, King Yorick, Samurai Takumi
Check out my Kill Quest chart here!
See my guide to the Tower of Pwnage here!

Comments

• melkiomelkio Member
    i think it should be at the very least related to whether they already had their turn or not. moreover, that does not comply with the general speed rule, as when emily is playing it will be "normal hero" time, so one like emily should be cut off from that... idk it doesnt make much sense to me as well but i won't take your suggestion as you put it
    TrueMelkio?gid=ascension
  • Your suggestion makes sense to me. My only hesitation is the fact that so-called "resurrect teams" are not hard to beat (green teams love em!), so perhaps this is a solution in search of a problem?
    l4Ho0K1RYjomMxwbu.gif

• NulliusNullius Member
    DungeonPro wrote: »
    My suggestion is that when a hero is resurrected, they should have to wait until their turn comes around again until they can attack. Good change or not?

i was going to write something sarcastic, but i think there's probably too much of that here already.

no, i don't think changing resurrection makes any sense. first, it's not a widespread problem and it's definitely not a problem that plagues PVP. but more importantly, changing how an ability works because of a single PVP encounter would not do many of us any good. resurrection is used in PVE a lot. people rely on attacks after resurrection. it's not a glitch -- everyone knows that you're able to attack right after resurrection.

facing a team with BD, ekko, Leonidus, Emily, you know exactly what the danger of that lineup presents. taking BD down with Leo and/or Emily up was about the worst mistake you can make against that lineup. compensating you for making a very fixable strategic mistake by nerfing the way an ability works doesn't make any sense at all.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I honestly think Resurrection should be buffed to have a much lower Cooldown, so I guess I don't really belong in this thread. :neutral:
  • JusticeJustice Member
    Resurrection be like:

ggFQGSo.gif
    3YVyu1c.gif
    ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀᴋᴇ ᴜᴘ.

Boss Level: 68
    Shared Hero: ★★★★★★ Ella Amethirst
  • Dad2KNKDad2KNK Member
    I agree that it's strange that after resurrection there can be a bonus turn for the revived hero.

However, I also agree that the rules on this are obvious and it is wiser to plan for the known rules than to request a change. It's the variable rules that bug me. Don't get me wrong. I love random (such as goblins and Julius) as long that the mechanics are stable
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Dad2KNK wrote: »
    I agree that it's strange that after resurrection there can be a bonus turn for the revived hero.

However, I also agree that the rules on this are obvious and it is wiser to plan for the known rules than to request a change. It's the variable rules that bug me. Don't get me wrong. I love random (such as goblins and Julius) as long that the mechanics are stable

I've always thought the instant attack was a way for that hero to sort of get back at whoever killed them.
  • DungeonPro wrote: »

I disagree. This is her power to resurrect a fallen hero and give them an attack. This is hardly overpowered and can be planned for. Considering some of the other over powered heroes and what they can do (bovus, Kai, furnace etc.), I like that this might give the angel an edge somewhere.

Also what use is it to resurrect a hero and then have them killed right after the resurrection by more attacks. The resurrection has to count for something since Emily is giving up any offense that turn.

Just my 2 cents.