[Suggestion] Searchable Opponents

Not sure if this had been suggested before:

It would be great if we can search for a specific player and PVP against them. Now to pacify the devs, it would take an X amount of gold/gem to battle against this player. If it's free, I'll take it!

Players can bet gold before they agree on a battle.
Higher level players will need to be nerfed down closer to their lower level opponents (similar to the Challenged mode), including the stars.

What's the point?
* So you can battle against specific people with specific defenses
* Bragging rights
* Make more gold
* Make PVP more interesting

Of course the downside here is people can intentionally setup a game to lose so their friends or guild members can get gold easily (if there's a gold betting). Maybe take out the gold awards (trophies might suffice?)

Comments

• TherrinnTherrinn Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    The problem is that system that would allow a group of people (probably a guild) to target a specific individual to:
    • boost the targets trophy count by losing on purpose, or
    • focus on a specific target to knock them out of first place.

I'm not saying that it wouldn't be awesome if you could specifically challenge friends in a pvp battle, but I think that it is something that should exist outside of the pvp tournament to prevent abuse.
    OverrideB1
    “I bought a big bag of potatoes and it's growing eyes like crazy. Other foods rot. Potatoes want to see.”
    ― Bill Callahan, Letters to Emma Bowlcut
  • Therrinn wrote: »
    The problem is that system that would allow a group of people (probably a guild) to target a specific individual to:
    • boost the targets trophy count by losing on purpose, or
    • focus on a specific target to knock them out of first place.

I'm not saying that it wouldn't be awesome if you could specifically challenge friends in a pvp battle, but I think that it is something that should exist outside of the pvp tournament to prevent abuse.

You have a good point here. Yes it needs to be outside the tournament.
  • Dad2KNKDad2KNK Member
    edited May 2016
    Yep. It's often called Spar or Test in other games
  • WilbeanWilbean Member
    Maybe a new area, "The Arena," which would let people do these types of battles. Ways to prevent abuse might be to disallow battles between friends and guildmates, allow X battles per day, and/or to have a progressive cost for subsequent battles by an attacker or progressive costs for battles against a defender to prevent piling on.
    Wilbean
  • Dad2KNKDad2KNK Member
    Multiple guild exploit. I'm not saying gensokyo would but they are an extreme example of could.
  • EltideEltide Member
    Another way to do it would be as a revenge strike, which only allows you to raid people who've raided you.
  • KaceyKacey Member
    Maybe just challenges between yourself and friends would be nice
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif