Love/Hate Event

@Joveth @Joel @ChrisM
First of all, nice job developers for this event. I love it and hate it at the same time. The 2 new toons are a great addition. Also awesome idea to have us complete quests to unlock event dungeons....BUT I spent about 2 hours killing statues to unlock hard mode, only to find it level locked. I was hoping that with the kill statue quest they would be available to all levels. Ugh... why oh why. Come on guys let everyone have a shot at hard and very hard. Anyway you did start to make me "happier" with this update. Thanks

Comments

• I agree totally. I worked hours and gained tokens only to be told I can't enter the required dungeon until level 40. I was breezing through the event dungeons and I am sure I could have done it even at level 32. I don't understand why the final dungeons are locked, or any dungeon or chapter in the game, when I am capable of doing it. I did the previous event for Daeris tokens. I did the PvP up to 1750 trophies when I saw I couldn't make it in time. At that time I was level 30-31 and the highest trophy count I was offered rarely when above 18 to 20. On another account my level 62 PvP raids regularly paid 25 - 30 - 40 trophies and sometimes up to 80 - 90. Therefore it takes the same number of wins for a level 31 to get to 3000 trophies as a level 65 to get to the required 4000 trophies. I see no advantage for Big Fish to disadvantage the lower levels like this. I put a lot of effort into starring up my heroes which translates into money for the Big Fish. And I don't want to rank up fast to fix the problem that way.
  • I don't like this event either. It is four days long, and I have really completed all it has to offer, and I am quite bored.
    There was once a savage goblin by the name of Squinch
    When he delves into dungeons he makes his enemies flinch
    Shredding wolfs, beasts, and sumo's alike
    It would be foolish to call this hero a little tyke
  • From Dungeon Boss to Dungeon Bore.

A perfect 0/10.
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I'd take the impossible to complete Augustus hunting quests right now that just kept building in numbers. That at least had rewards every so often. How did we go from daily quests this week to not being able to even farm the new heroes? What is this! I wanna grind some dungeons! I already have a 6* Lupina! Challenge mode takes too long due to statues and it's cutting out the only thing I was grinding for at this point! Oh well Aether hunt it is. See you all Monday... I mean Tuesday...
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• @HaxusBloodbane The statues give an edge when trying new dungeons since it allows you to essentially reset your heroes energy. For manually running dungeons, I admit they add extra time. Have you tried using Viperia or Cobressa to destroy the stones in seconds?
  • seanlucky wrote: »
    @HaxusBloodbane ... Have you tried using Viperia or Cobressa to destroy the stones in seconds?
    This question made me think if we are already at the point where we need the new Hero to participate in events. A look at the quest "Medusa Oblongata (1/4): Win 5 PVP Raids with a Gorgon on your team!" gave me the answer.

Ella and Brom destroyed the statues for me and had some fun when I used them in my daily routine. I knew the event dungeons are level-locked, and didn't mind that. The hide-and-seek dungeons are a nice idea. But the reward of 9 Cobressa tokens and a few Torchy and Zurk tokens is disappointing.
    By the way the portals are broken. Please fix them!
    seanlucky wrote: »
    @HaxusBloodbane The statues give an edge when trying new dungeons since it allows you to essentially reset your heroes energy. For manually running dungeons, I admit they add extra time. Have you tried using Viperia or Cobressa to destroy the stones in seconds?

Unfortunately I came up short. Oh well better luck next time I guess!
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• heelerheeler Member
    For me, this event epitomizes everything wrong with the new Dungeon Boss:

(1) Excess grind. Kill 40 statues before you can even enter the VH dungeon? That is grind for no reason at all. Just no.
    (2) Accelerated pace of new, overpowered hero releases. Now you have to get the pair for either of them to be useful! Unless you can spend massive amounts of money, you end up with a stable of three-starred, useless heroes gathering dust. A while ago there was a poll about how often we wanted new hero releases. The vast majority said: not at this pace.
    (3) Pushing us back to the now-ruined portals. Won't do it.

Seriously, if anyone is spending money on these events, you are just encouraging this nonsense.
    I'M SO BORED! Where's the event quests! Why is this thing four days long?! ARRRGH!
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• RenlyRenly Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Destroying statutes was an awful addition. I couldn't even access the VH event dungeon till mid-Saturday.
    IGN: Renly
    DB Guru | OG Potato | Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne

“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
    ― A.A. Milne

• I'M SO BORED! Where's the event quests! Why is this thing four days long?! ARRRGH!

Monday is a bank holiday in the US, so probably that is the reason.

• I honestly think the statue quest was great, I'm just disappointed that after spending that much time unlocking the event dungeons they were level locked as well. Chose one or the other developers not both. Frustrating!