Picking Order Matters !! Who knew?

After playing this opioid of a game for 3 months I just discovered that the order in which you choose your PVP attack (and defense) heros actually matters.

I'm not talking about Fast / Normal / Slow; I'm talking about having 2 Normal speed. The order in which you pick is the order in which they attack.

I'm sure this is just common sense to everyone else, but it was an epiphany to me.

Sharing what I can...

Bunny

Comments

• Yes, it matters big time to me. Even with same heroes mix, I attack or skip depends the orders :)
  • @FuzzyDeathBunny
    Pro Tip: the order of your entire team matters especially when facing an enemy that can slow(Icebloom). Best practice is to put fast heroes last.
  • @FuzzyDeathBunny
    Pro Tip: the order of your entire team matters especially when facing an enemy that can slow(Icebloom). Best practice is to put fast heroes last.

Please explain. I'll relatively often have fights where my hero straight up skips a turn. It will hover over them, show their attacks, and then just move to the next person with no explanation. I thought slow moved you to the back of the attack line, but maybe it can cause you to miss an entire turn? And how does the fast hero placement affect this.
  • But don't ALL your fast heroes attack before your normal heroes?

Even if you choose a fast hero last, won't it attack before a normal hero?
  • But don't ALL your fast heroes attack before your normal heroes?

Even if you choose a fast hero last, won't it attack before a normal hero?

This is true, but slow does funny things to heroes. It's certainly an obtuse mechanic and Monkey is implying where your fast heroes are positioned effects ordering when your entire team is slowed.
  • This issue comes up a lot: torchy & 3 normal attacks Icebloom & 3 normal. Torchy silences Icebloom and then Icebloom attacks torchy, slowing him.

If Torchy is 1st in the lineup, then he becomes first of the normal attackers => looks like your turn is skipped.

If torchy is 4th in the lineup, then he becomes last of the normal attackers => nothing appears changed.
  • @MattCauthron if you are seeing your heroes attacks briefly, then skipped, this is a consequence of being frozen not slowed.
  • This issue comes up a lot: torchy & 3 normal attacks Icebloom & 3 normal. Torchy silences Icebloom and then Icebloom attacks torchy, slowing him.

If Torchy is 1st in the lineup, then he becomes first of the normal attackers => looks like your turn is skipped.

If torchy is 4th in the lineup, then he becomes last of the normal attackers => nothing appears changed.

I assumed it worked like this. Though you mentioned "looks like your turn is skipped". Is there any real difference here, or does your turn ACTUALLY get skipped by torchy being first. I would have just thought their normal would go first and then your torchy. After that things would proceed as normal, their normal your normal ect
  • MonkeyHunterMonkeyHunter Member
    edited June 2016
    This issue comes up a lot: torchy & 3 normal attacks Icebloom & 3 normal. Torchy silences Icebloom and then Icebloom attacks torchy, slowing him.

I assumed it worked like this. Though you mentioned "looks like your turn is skipped". Is there any real difference here, or does your turn ACTUALLY get skipped by torchy being first. I would have just thought their normal would go first and then your torchy. After that things would proceed as normal, their normal your normal ect
    Torchy already took his turn, he can't go twice in one round. So the second normal defender goes before your first (now second) normal.

In essence yes, your turn is skipped. But it can be predicted and protected against.
  • edited June 2016
    @MattCauthron Check out this link: theknightsking.com/pvp-hero-ordering/. It does an excellent job of explaining how PVP ordering works in detail. Anyone in my guild that asks questions about PVP ordering now I share that with them.
    centralcommand
  • @MattCauthron Check out this link: theknightsking.com/pvp-hero-ordering/. It does an excellent job of explaining how PVP ordering works in detail. Anyone in my guild that asks questions about PVP ordering now I share that with them.

Thank you! There's always more to learn!
  • Matt "The Unobservant" Cauthron Stikres again! :lol:

:)
  • KaceyKacey Member
    I'm amazed you've even progressed in this game without realizing something so obvious.
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • I am really confused about the ordering of heroes, and the article that CentralCommand posted a link for was very confusing. How does changing the order of your heroes affect the outcome of a pvp match?
    There was once a savage goblin by the name of Squinch
    When he delves into dungeons he makes his enemies flinch
    Shredding wolfs, beasts, and sumo's alike
    It would be foolish to call this hero a little tyke
  • @CrismonCrusader - Good question about order of hero and what it does to PVP.

Let's say you have 1 FAST and 3 NORMAL heros. The FAST is always going first (we are not going to discuss external influences). But the next 3 Normal will go in the order they are chosen. There are probably many different approaches to strategy here, but I'm going to talk about mine.

I like to have my AREA Attacks first, This would be Nitpick. Then another AREA Attack like Tsume (sometimes I will make him last of my NORMALs giving him an additional opportunity to get hurt thereby upping his ATK). Only then will I have a Single Attack like Lady Nimriel.

This strategy allows me to save my Single Attack hero and use it ONLY AFTER the AREA attacks have occurred. I wouldn't want to use a Single Attack and then an AREA Attack only to have the AREA Attack kill the opposing Hero I had targeted. That is a wasted attack (if the AREA attack could kill the hero on it's own).
  • There was once a savage goblin by the name of Squinch
    When he delves into dungeons he makes his enemies flinch
    Shredding wolfs, beasts, and sumo's alike
    It would be foolish to call this hero a little tyke
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• And knowing is half the battle

-Joe, G.I.