New Hero Idea: Agatha the Earthshaper

KrunkleKrunkle Member
edited April 2016 in Fan-Made Heroes
Agatha the Earthshaper

Female Dwarf Caster

Rune-carved stones circle slowly around her. She manipulates tectonic energy to shape the earth to her will and to strike her enemies with volleys of stone.

Most hated hero: Stonefist (made of brittle salt and sea gales, not pure dwarven stone)

Element: Nature
+30% to water heroes
-25% to fire heroes

ATK: **
SKL: ****
HP: **
DEF: ***

Traits:
Mystical (as per caster tag)
Goblin Hunter, (x1.5 vs Goblins) (she hates those pesky goblins invading the depths)
Perfect Swing (as per dwarf tag)

Basic Abilities:

Throw Stones:
Basic Ranged attack that throws 3 small stones. The first always strikes her target, and the 2nd and 3rd strike random targets.
Was thinking the animation would throw the 3 stones she has constantly circling around her, then she would summon 3 more afterwards, kinda like ponti's animation when he kills someone or raises bone armor

Create Golem I
Agatha creates a Golem from the terrain around her to attack her enemies and defend her in battle.
This would add a minion character to the group that is targetable by all attacks, but is considered a construct for debuff and healing purposes. It would be moderate in health, attack, and defense. It would act a bit like Julius's Monkey See ability, but would strike a random target during Agatha's turn.
Defensively, the golem would have a 50% chance of taking the damage from direct attacks (a bit like hansuke), but would have no use defending her from AOE attacks.

1st Ascension
Requirements:
Nature Evo: 45
Nature Evo Monarch: 18
Light Evo: 10
Earth Sisters Evo: 4

New Skill!
Fall into the Sky
The earth below the targeted character shakes, then violently erupts in a pillar of stone that throws that character into the sky (off screen) for one turn. During this time the effected character is removed from battle and unable to be effected by damage or healing. After the next turn is complete, thrown character falls back to the earth for moderate damage (increased by level). Effected character has a chance to be dazed on returning to the ground.

Create Golem II
Agatha's construct gains more HP, ATK & DEF. Also slightly improved visuals.

2nd Ascension
Requirements:
Light Evo: 40
Nature Evo Monarch: 32
Jewelled Evo: 8
Runed Evo: 2

New Skill!
Bonecrushing Volley
Agatha pulls 3 boulders from the terrain around her and hurls them using tectonic force towards her target. 1st Boulder will strike the target, debilitating it (like OE's Void Blade) doing (damage increased by level). Shards from the boulder will strike 2 random nearby targets for much lower damage, 25-30% of initial. The 2nd and 3rd boulder would then choose random targets and resolve in the same manner.

Create Golem III
Final increase in ATK, HP & DEF. Final visuals.

Earth Armor
Agatha dons her dwarven Battle Armor. (gains armored trait)

Unfortunately I don't have any art skills, but Volkanyenen Does. I found this on Deviantart.com and I take no credit whatsoever for this excellent work. I came up with the character idea and found what fits pretty well with what i'd imagined the character to look like.
master_of_the_earth_by_volkanyenen-d4yxvpx.jpg

Comments

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    0mv5h1mcjnom.jpeg
    Er, if my last comment was a bit confusing, it's cuz she's a character I made up a while ago and still draw, her names Agatha, too...
  • I had no idea. Just did a search on the forums and couldn't find anything. Have a link so I can take a look?
    Krunkle wrote: »
    I had no idea. Just did a search on the forums and couldn't find anything. Have a link so I can take a look?

No idea about what?
  • 4tom4tom Member
    edited April 2016
    I really like this hero idea. A lot.

I wonder how big of a challenge the shift to a 5 man team formation is to pull off in terms of the adjusting game mechanics and art/animation design. Alternatively, the golem can share the position (i.e., the golem is small and appears and stands at her feet / OR golem is large and she is small and it stands behind her). Of course, then you target them both together. Maybe the golem doesn't have HP but lasts for 3-4 turns before crumbling back to earth. This might be more feasible for the team, though I honestly prefer your vision. But for either vision, a cool passive could be "Golem Berserk", which is an attack bonus for the golem trigged when the master dies before the golem (or everytime master is hit).

I like the idea of having the golem change in size/design as she ascends too.

Her knock enemy in the air could also simply be a frozen ability that is reworked so that it uses stone instead of ice (visually). Unlike frozen, it could be not be resisted and always hit (but one target only).
    zntCIcd.gif
  • @JackHallow666 I had no idea you created a character named Agatha for dungeon boss, is what I meant. I was asking to see more about her.

@4tom I thought about the golem ability being more of a persistent spell that lasted 3-4 turns but I went with this thinking it'd just be more fun strategically. I also thought about her kind of carving runes in the ground underneath enemies which would have various different effects as her 2nd ability but it turned out being a lot like barrel toss...
    4tom wrote: »
    I really like this hero idea. A lot.

I wonder how big of a challenge the shift to a 5 man team formation is to pull off in terms of the adjusting game mechanics and art/animation design. Alternatively, the golem can share the position (i.e., the golem is small and appears and stands at her feet / OR golem is large and she is small and it stands behind her). Of course, then you target them both together. Maybe the golem doesn't have HP but lasts for 3-4 turns before crumbling back to earth. This might be more feasible for the team, though I honestly prefer your vision. But for either vision, a cool passive could be "Golem Berserk", which is an attack bonus for the golem trigged when the master dies before the golem (or everytime master is hit).

I like the idea of having the golem change in size/design as she ascends too.

Her knock enemy in the air could also simply be a frozen ability that is reworked so that it uses stone instead of ice (visually). Unlike frozen, it could be not be resisted and always hit (but one target only).

I think a 5-team combo (aka 4 heroes and 1 summoned monster) is possible, the enemies come in 5's sometimes. I'm not a game programmer but I would believe the coding for a 5-man team on your side can't be too hard to create. Still only 4 heroes per level, it just allows a summon. And we also know heroes aren't just limited to standing in 4 spots, as Hansuke has proven.
  • Fingers crossed the new hero leaked is Agatha!!! (Legendary dwarf nature caster?!?!?)

Plzplzplzplz :)

I would stick around and play with your stupid runes devs!!!