Hi folks! We've had a lot of questions about the new Tuning system and the way that the blue bonus bar affects Rarity. I wanted to take some time to walk you all through how this new system works:
- First, when you Tune a Rune, Rarity and Stars have INDEPENDENT chances of improving on a Tune. What this means is that your level of Rarity won't affect your chances of rolling a higher star Rune or vice versa.
- As with the previous system, you can never Tune "down". That is, your next Tune will not be able to decrease Rarity or Stars.
- The visual blue bar is an indicator of RARITY bonus only.
- When you are about to Tune a Rune for the first time, your chances of Tuning a higher Rarity is the exact same as before the update. The visual bar is not filled at all and you have a 0% Rarity bonus. While there is no Rarity bonus applied, there's still a chance for a Rarity upgrade.
- As you continue to Tune a Rune, the blue Rarity bonus bar begins to fill up. This is a visual representation of the odds of you rolling a higher Rarity Rune. For example, if the blue bar is 50% full, you have a 50% chance of getting a higher Rarity on your next Tune. Similarly, if the bar is 75% full, you have a 75% chance of getting a higher Rarity on your next Tune.
We hope that that clarifies things a bit.