Defense team for a level 29?

LiquidMetalLiquidMetal Member
edited December 2016 in My Dungeon Discussion
Hello, I'm fairly new to this game as I've started 1-2 weeks ago. I'm not sure what heroes I should be using to make an effective PvP defense team, so any advice would be greatly appreciated :smiley:
Also, I am able to ascend some of these heroes, but I've been saving evos because I don't know which ones I should be investing in.

Here are my strongest heroes (not ascended unless specified):

Pontifex Mortis, 4*
General Krexx, 3*
Kozar Bonebreaker, 3*
IGOROK, 3*
Icepick, 3*
Lord Zomm, 3*
Shieldmaiden Astrid, 3*
Lady Nimreal, 3*
Zen, 3*
The Furnace, 3*
Willow Swift, 3*, ascended once
Alexandros, 3*
Stone Fist, 2*, ascended once
Chief NubNub, 2*, ascended once
Nitpick, 2*
King Yorick, 2*
Tsume, 2*
Overlord Executum, 2*
Bovus El Doro, 2*
Shadowblade, 2*

Other heroes I have but don't use much:

Lupina
Samurai Takumi
Malice
Dagrund Blacksmoke
Rogar Stonecrusher
Sir William
Balog
Zurk
Squinch
Yasmin Bloom
Mangle Jaw
Kobal the Pestilent
Rocky the Shiitake
Torchy
Ella Ametryst
Shadow Queen Daeris
Selywn the Enduring
Phemus
Abigail the Brutal
Jabber Clenchjaw

Comments

• I would suggest attempting to first ascend these heroes once, then using them:

Pontifex mortis.
    The furnace(definitely needs ascension for his taunt)
    Shield maiden Astrid.
    Icepick.

The heroes have a strong synergy. The furnace taunt allows for the casters that are otherwise squishy to stay alive a little longer, as well as Astrid providing a buff to their defence. The furnace gives the dwarven forged team buff to Astrid, letting her live longer, and icepick+furnace has always been a favourite combo of mine.

Please do understand that there are slow levellers about though, especially at around level 30 is where they start popping up with strong rosters, so likelihood is you won't beat EVERYONE that attacks you.
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • AceyNB wrote: »
    I would suggest attempting to first ascend these heroes once, then using them:

Pontifex mortis.
    Shield maiden Astrid.
    Icepick.

The heroes have a strong synergy. The furnace taunt allows for the casters that are otherwise squishy to stay alive a little longer, as well as Astrid providing a buff to their defence. The furnace gives the dwarven forged team buff to Astrid, letting her live longer, and icepick+furnace has always been a favourite combo of mine.

Please do understand that there are slow levellers about though, especially at around level 30 is where they start popping up with strong rosters, so likelihood is you won't beat EVERYONE that attacks you.
    AceyNB wrote: »

Pontifex mortis.
    Shield maiden Astrid.
    Icepick.

Thank you for your suggestions ^_^
    Yes I have noticed quite a few people my level that have very strong heroes, they usually beat me. I just rushed to 28 because I wanted access to the tower of pwn.

I'm close to ascending Icepick and Astrid, and possibly Ponti if I spend about 10,200 wreaths on monarchs. The Furnace takes a bit more doing though since he needs 2 bushido evos.
    Would Stone Fist be an okay replacement until then? Also, would you recommend at bait team in my situation or is my roster too weak for that?

• There are a few points I'd like to put forth that I think most would agree with...

First off
    At your level, most of your opponents focus on team synergy rather than runes. I'd advise spending your wreaths on getting Improved Rune bags instead of hero tokens.
    It is a gamble because you cannot guarantee the type of runes that you get, but if you get even just 1 or 2 improved attack runes, your PvP potential increases significantly because of the way damage seems to scale exponentially with Attack over Defense.

On to synergies

The Furnace is a decent tank but his PvP quality don't come into play unless you ascend him at least once. His primary PvP use comes at his final ascension (death by 5 cuts). Otherwise I wouldn't use him because someone with a strong AoE can easily mitigate any use Furnace has.

You don't have Kai nor Shade, both of whom are useful PvP characters. Kai in particular for defense. At the moment I'd focus your resources on getting them rather than improving your current roster.

Don't use any undead heroes unless you're absolutely sure they can take a beating from Masuta Kira (which is unlikely).

And finally

The 'game' in PvP changes as you level up. There comes a point (in my opinion at least) where people mostly attempt to rune up their fast heroes and 1-hit KO everyone in the first round. Seeing as you asked about bait teams you probably already realise this anyway. I'd advise not to use any bait teams till you get a 6 star whatever with multiple heroic 4/5 star runes.

And don't feel bad about losing any defenses to Shade, because Shade.

To recap
    Get attack runes, put them all on Igorok or Pontifex or someone similar. I would say Igorok, Astrid, Pontifex, Furnace are your most potent heroes currently.

Just my 2 cents anyway
  • AceyNB wrote: »

Pontifex mortis.
    Shield maiden Astrid.
    Icepick.

AceyNB wrote: »

Pontifex mortis.
    Shield maiden Astrid.
    Icepick.

Thank you for your suggestions ^_^
    Yes I have noticed quite a few people my level that have very strong heroes, they usually beat me. I just rushed to 28 because I wanted access to the tower of pwn.

I'm close to ascending Icepick and Astrid, and possibly Ponti if I spend about 10,200 wreaths on monarchs. The Furnace takes a bit more doing though since he needs 2 bushido evos.
    Would Stone Fist be an okay replacement until then? Also, would you recommend at bait team in my situation or is my roster too weak for that?

I would suggest sir william in place of the furnace.
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • I got very lucky yesterday and got a bushido evo in a dungeon, so I could ascend furnace now if I wanted to. I also ran the event dungeon and got some improved runes.
    I'm working on getting tokens for Kai (and Shade when possible), but once I get Kai I would replace Igorok? The full team would be Kai, Ponti, Astrid, and Furnace.

There's no defense that works against everything I suppose, so I will tinker around with those heroes and see what works. Thank you both again for your advice.
  • I mean, it's up to you. Kai is a competent defender even without ascension so definitely have him in. Having Furnace instead of Igorok means more survivability instead of damage.

Everyone would pick a different lineup so I would feel biased suggesting one over another. If it was me I'd go with Furnace and upgrade him to his maximum ascension. Kai's AoE debuff and Furnace at full ascension have great synergy.