PvP is just wrong...

2»

Comments

• MickeNorskMickeNorsk Member
    edited September 2015
    @markyboy I just confirmed yesterday with pictures on this forum that ascension do ADD stats, but you have to reload the game to see it, it's a visual error.

Check this thread: http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/1951/okay-this-is-kinda-ridiculous#latest
    My Hero Progression: https://goo.gl/PwVKil
    RLUs75l.png
  • Ascension increase stats in a strange way as it depends on the number of stars. It multiplies the increase of stats from the star level of the heroe.
    If the heroe is 1 star he will gain nothing but if he is 5 stars he will gain lots of stats !
  • My abigail gained about 10% in stats on first ascension, she is only 2 stars.
    RLUs75l.png
  • @MickeNorsk I just checked his stats again after reloading the game, they have been raised! I've checked stats once or twice before after ascending characters, but never after reloading the game.
    Thanks for that!!
  • Yeah it's kinda confusing when it doesn't state that ascensions add stats, and it doesn't add stats before restarting. I'm sure everyone except some people believe only stars add stats. Ascesions should show an icon like new traits and abilites like: "+10% stats" or something:) oh and don't thank me, thank @flyingpizzacats :)
    RLUs75l.png
  • @MickeNorsk @flyingpizzacats I used to notice that sometimes in the after battle screen my heroes would have their first ascension pictures. Maybe it wasn't registering my ascension lvls in pvp defence!? So my heroes lacked the correct power? Even though they still had the ascension abilities.
    I went on an 11 game losing streak in pvp defence prior to today, not sure if maybe there's been a slight update to the game.
    I noticed today when choosing offence pvp team that you get a team attack rating and a team defence rating as well. I might be wrong but I'm sure this is new.
    Also, I've just ascended Kira. I didn't check his stats before I ascended him. Durrr.
    But I took a screen shot of his stats before I shut the game down then again when I reopened it and they were the same! So maybe they fixed that slight issue with the stats no raising straight away following an ascension in the update.
    And as of last night my pvp defence record is 8 battles 7 victories and my heroes special moves are devastating opposition in defence the same as they do in offence now!
    Maybe it was a bug and they fixed it!
    Thanks for your input dungeoneers
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I find Willow likes to shoot rocky first. It's kind of weird.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• EosEos Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    0ci3qm92nk2y.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
    IGN: Dudum
    Champion: Dhaegon Stonecrusher 6* [60]
    Hero Wishlist: Lupina 6* (103/150), Augustus the Paladin 6* (107/150), Icebloom (224/100 to unlock), Thalia 10*
    Hero Cards
    When I'm fresh out of stamina sometimes I get a little snippy...Apologies.
  • TotoroTotoro Member
    edited October 2015
    We appear to have a contradiction based on the above and the in-game descriptions. I will take screen shots the next time I ascend and, hopefully, remember to upload. Always helps to see this firsthand.
    @Totoro I assure you, ascensions increase stats, if you don't believe me, reload the game and check again. I've confirmed this about 10 times. It's about an 8-10% stat gain
    markyboy wrote: »
    @flyingpizzacats I just did first ascension with nitpick and his stats didn't increase at all. I took screen shots to check. His hero power does obviously as he's gaining a new attack, but not his att def health and skill etc. Does it only increase stats on the final ascension?
    And I tried to upload pics of that dodgy battle I spoke of but it won't let me via mobile.

With my attack squad, there definitely is a preference in terms of target, but it is preferential at best. I go in knowing that anyone may be targeted ultimately.
    markyboy wrote: »
    @Totoro @HaxusBloodbane from my experience the enemy usually attacks my strongest rated hero first, which on paper is torchy. Enemy Willow 99% of the time will take her sniper shot at my torchy, even though it only tickles him but would finish my shadow blade or black diamond in one hit. I use julius and it would take half his health too, yet she always aims for torchy, doing not even a quarter damage!
    I use Julius torchy mangle jaw and usually shadow blade/black diamond/willow in my other slot.
    The whole enemy team, often willow, tsume, nim and someone else will all 99% go for torchy first and keep on til he's dead.
    Nim can one shot Julius, but will shoot get over here at my torchy who's on 10% health over one shot killing Julius and winning the game for their team!
    Tsume nearly always uses his double chop first on torchy also, doing very little damage.
    This is key to my tactics in offence pvp. I play at least 50 offence battles per day.
    I'm not saying the computer never goes for the one who they hurt the most, and it's not always 100%.
    It just seems strange that very often my torchy will absorb a willow sniper shot, tsume double chop and then get finished or dodge nims get over here, when those 3 moves could easily take out my Julius with get over here, and then black diamond/willow/shadow blade would all die with a double chop plus sniper a sniper shot.
    They wound a torchy over killing two other heroes first round.

--
    Your friend, Totoro
  • When you ascend, you need to leave the screen and come back... stats will then refresh. It's just a graphical error. It's already been confirmed numerous times.
    IGN- EricM, Lv. 51, Ch. 19
    Goal for the week: 58,216/60,000 Roster Power
    Token collection: 5,057/15,400 <- as of 10/06
  • Well there you go. Thanks for that.
    EricM wrote: »
    When you ascend, you need to leave the screen and come back... stats will then refresh. It's just a graphical error. It's already been confirmed numerous times.

--
    Your friend, Totoro
  • By the way, I just tested this with an ascension, and I had to more than just leave the screen. I had to shut down and reload the game. So the developers know about this?

I'm glad the few who actually read the forum know about it. Now we need a fix.
    When you ascend, you need to leave the screen and come back... stats will then refresh. It's just a graphical error. It's already been confirmed numerous times.

--
    Your friend, Totoro
  • @totoro that's odd. If I close the screen and open it, it will have refreshed. On iOS 8 on an iPhone 6
    IGN- EricM, Lv. 51, Ch. 19
    Goal for the week: 58,216/60,000 Roster Power
    Token collection: 5,057/15,400 <- as of 10/06
  • iOS 9 on iPad.

In terms of bugs, I will say this game is much better than most....so far!!! Of course, I'm not suffering from the login issue.
    @totoro that's odd. If I close the screen and open it, it will have refreshed. On iOS 8 on an iPhone 6

--
    Your friend, Totoro
  • I still haven't updated the game lol. Scared of getting locked out
    My Defense
    Hero Kira Tsume Torchy Lady Nimriel
    Level 23 23 23 23
    Star 5 3 2 4
    Ascension 1 2 2 1
    My Shared Hero: Rocky The Shiitake
    Flyingpizzacats