Boss Invasion II feedback

Positives
-Challenging dungeons
-new hero

Negatives
-Not enough tokens to achieve a 3* hero from the event.
-rewards did not scale appropriately with thresholds.
-Scarce tickets purchase half as many tokens per 1000 as the previous event.
-Inadequate notice for the event's start date.
-Gem cost too high relative to rewards
-point scaling for Marrow stars gives a massive advantage to those spending hundreds of dollars. Purchasing should not have such a direct impact on event performance.

Suggestions, as have been stated for the previous event:
1) For non-competitive events cap the leaderboard scores at the amount for max rewards, similar to War of the Crowns.
2) Front-load event hero token quests so the featured hero can be grind-ed (ground?) to 3* on day 1 with adequate time and resources.
3) Allow players to achieve max points by spending no more gems than they can earn completing the Tower of Pwnage each day. 1000 gem guild courage packs are the devil.
4) Increase tickets per dungeon completion even if it means slightly reducing end-of-event tickets awarded.
5) Give a preview and notice at least the Sunday before the event begins, sooner if possible.

Tagged:

Comments

• And maybe tie something into the heroic portal for end game players that have no use for it.
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • kalamadeakalamadea Member
    edited October 2017
    @Kang I think you nailed it mate. That 65/70 tokens was just salt into a gushing wound.

I told my guild the same thing I'll say here. I spent a bit of money to get Marrow 3 starred to help the guild points score. But I'm very bitter about it. Congrats DB on getting me to spend money, but you didn't make your customer happy in the process. Please DO NOT repeat this in the future.

Solaris was $20 for 100 tokens, I was happy to support the game with that. Marrows 1500 gems for a measly 10 tokens or $20 for 35 tokens was just garbage.

• Three of my guild mates left the guild. One moved to a different, lower tier guild, another quit the game indefinitely, yet another quit all guilds. I didn't mind the event aside from the little warning time, but I am pretty much the only one, it seems. I would like to see DB get more creative. Looking forward to another good Halloween event :|
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • farfella wrote: »
    Three of my guild mates left the guild. One moved to a different, lower tier guild, another quit the game indefinitely, yet another quit all guilds. I didn't mind the event aside from the little warning time, but I am pretty much the only one, it seems. I would like to see DB get more creative. Looking forward to another good Halloween event :|

Have you considered maybe it's you?
  • The game is being hurt by the lack of communication from the devs. The fact that there was no warning about this event is just one symptom of that. We got used to the info from the Summits, as well as the ability to give immediate feedback back to the devs. Now it feels like we are operating in darkness and every bad decision on their part looms large and portends bad things coming. Rumors abound. Frustration goes unaddressed, so it builds. We need the Summit (or similar communication forum) to return.
  • Summits stopped right? Or at least I haven't seen the transcripts posted in a long time.

• JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    I'm currently working with @D_Rodd and a few others to get the community Q&A up and running, apologies for the delay.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • boooousakboooousak Member
    edited October 2017
    BI 2 was a disaster
  • Thanks, @Joel. Sorry for the late response on this, everyone.

There will be a new way for the community to communicate our feedback to the developers in the form of a weekly Questions & Answers (Q&A) process. These questions will be generated via LINE, as was the Summit, but they will be submitted each week to the DB team, rather than answered live by Eej. A forum post with more information about the LINE group ("DB Q&A", formerly SDG) which generates these questions will be up in the coming days.

Please let me know if you have questions, or specific concerns about what you would like to see in the new process. Thank you!
  • @Joel @D_Rodd Thanks for the update. What about the bi-weekly state if the game post that @Eej also talked about? That seems like the best place for events and others future plans to be announced beforehand.
    I intend for the posts to be one in the same to avoid redundancies. I can't guarantee that events will always be announced via the post though, as schedules change, and I don't want to make promises I can't keep.
  • Should we be expecting major events (BI, GG, GT, etc.) every two weeks now? Or will there be a different expected schedule (understanding that the expected schedule may change occasionally)?
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited October 2017
    I might expect something leading up to next Tuesday. Just saying. ;) October 31st isn't getting rescheduled anytime soon.
  • Good point, @FatCat69 ! And I am really looking forward to the Halloween event! But I was thinking specifically of guild events, like GG and BI.
    We do indeed intend to run major guild events with relative regularity, but I'm not going to commit to a bi-weekly schedule. What I will commit to is that spooky things are definitely going to be happening this weekend and into next week. @FatCat69 is quite right that rescheduling October 31st is an arduous task.
  • heelerheeler Member
    edited October 2017
    If there isn't going to be a regular schedule for guild events, it would be very helpful to have advance warning then.
  • I actually got Marrow 3 stared from the event without direktly purchasing them for gems or money. (End of event tokens included)
  • Joel wrote: »
    We do indeed intend to run major guild events with relative regularity, but I'm not going to commit to a bi-weekly schedule. What I will commit to is that spooky things are definitely going to be happening this weekend and into next week. @FatCat69 is quite right that rescheduling October 31st is an arduous task.

I'm hoping for something spectacular like 2016's Halloween event, but am expecting a complete let down given the way things have been running lately.
  • 16fsxkdtqri9.jpeg
  • Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    The feedback from angry players is always threatening and "sick of cash grab, I quit" comments but then they people who are indifferent are like "meh, it was whatever I did things" xD
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    16fsxkdtqri9.jpeg

hmmm, Farside. Truly letting your geek flag fly now.

I wonder if this is what's in farfella's box.

• farfellafarfella Member
    edited October 2017
    I am not sure what is in my box either but no box of mine is labled with a tag that should represent a meaningful contribution to anything.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • Hi All -

The post about the new Q&A process to replace the Summits is up now in General Discussion:

http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/56931/new-question-answer-process-replaces-weekly-db-guild-summits

Happy to answer any questions in that thread. Thanks to everyone for your interest in improving the game!