So these three video's show a PvE scenario where this Bright Wisp is supposed to be "Lightning Immune" yet dies to three different lightning attacks:
Shock Damage from an ally
Notice in the third video when the wisp dies from transferred shock damage "Lightning Immune" pops up, but the enemy still takes damage.
In all three cases the attacks should be lightning damage, yet this wisp dies to all three. So my initial reaction was that maybe something was just wrong with the wisp. So, I played around in pvp against an enemy Ekko, who is also supposed to be Lightning Immune.
PvP match: ekko vs ekko
My findings shown in the video:
(1) when I cast electrical storm against the enemy ekko - "lightning immune" DOES NOT show up
(2) when my ekko procs an epic on the enemy ekko - lightning immune DOES NOT show up
(3) when the enemy ekko attacks my shocked solaris, the shock damage hits my ekko - "lightning immune" DOES show up
One thing that cannot be ruled out here is that the enemy ekko has a high DR and that's why my damage is always zero.
(1) Why is "lightning immune" not showing up when I attack the enemy ekko with lightning attacks?
(2) Why is the Bright Wisp in PvE dying from all sources of lightning damage when it has a Lightning Immune passive?
What's going on here?
Does the latest introduction of "Light Damage" vs. "Lightning Damage" have anything to do with it?
Here is an image of Ekko's epic stat page showing the epic attack should be lightning damage: