The state of this game.

Comments

• Uh, so I think we're in end-times trouble here.

The fate of the Guild Summits should be a big tell-all: Has no one realized that Eej has not been active since mid-September? He was the one who was super passionate about keeping in touch with players and helping scoop this game out of its slump (which he did, before the summer slump hit), and he seems to have left unceremoniously. The fact that DB 'doesn't have the resources' to continue with the summits is a more obvious red flag.

It seems that the combat revamp was supposed to help a ton, but it keeps getting pushed off... why? I worry that DB has entered the catch-22 of the down slope. That is, to keep things going they have to be a little money-hungry - but their money-hunger has been pushing more and more players away. Unless something major changes fast, I don't know how they'll get out of this. I get the feeling that this holiday season is gonna be very, very make-or-break. Not just for us, but for them.

There are some pieces that don't make sense, of course. The VIP situation is one of them. If DB is trying to give new players the incentive to spend, why have the VIP rewards remained stagnant for years? Moreover, Why is Daeris, a hero that many f2p already have at 5-6 stars, the new VIP exclusive?
  • Man, @Joel is gonna have a fun monday morning.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    If only Joveth were here...
  • I could not agree more. I'm coming up on my 2 year Dungeon Boss anniversary and am becoming more an more agitated each day, however this last event really came close to burning me out for good.

I get excited for events but have now learned to set my expectation very low so as not to get disappointed. The only reason I continued playing in this event was simply out of respect for my guild, as all fun was completely lost by the end of the first day.

It was suggested earlier in this thread to stop changing heroes. While I can understand that the development team may feel it necessary to make changes to heroes to introduce new content or correct inequalities, it is a poor mitigation tool. There is just too much risk that a chance may depreciate the time and effort a player has put in to developing a specific hero. While I was not a frequent user of Masuta Kira, the recent changes to his performance was absolutely catastrophic to anyone who had been using him on a regular basis. Those players ended up being penalized by changes that were made to offset an imbalance that created by the development team. I would be furious if I had put a lot of time and effort into a hero and had abilities that I had bought (sometimes literally) yanked away in such a manner. If you feel there is an imbalance, introduce new heroes to offset that imbalance.

The amount of new content is also a major concern. We need new Heroes - a lot of them - in bulk, soon. In my opinion, it's time to take a step back from the new guild-based events, which all have been severely bugged and focus on developing a lot of new heroes to dump into the mix. The core of the game has always been acquiring and advancing characters, but we're just running out. While the junior community (which is shrinking) still has plenty of room to explore and advance, the senior community (which has no choice but to grow) is really starting to run out of content. We're in desperate need of a major addition, both to the hero roster and a series of levels to acquire them by. I believe I enjoyed Dungeon Boss the most when I was in my level 30s, fighting my way through levels in an effort to acquire a new hero. I would love to experience that again!

We need the level cap raised. Maybe there shouldn't even be a level cap. I suggest narrowing the PVP level matching requirements and popping the cap off the top, if even just for a few months. Let the power players grow and monitor the situation. Imposing a cap could always be done again in the future with little-to-no impact on a player's past accomplishments.

Speaking of accomplishments... start adding more. Very little development work would be needed here and it would only multiply the quality of play of above suggestions.

I think there is way to much buildup and expectation on the events, because senior players are simply too starved for new content. If we could have a day-to-day experience that was more satisfying, we probably would be less stressed about the major events. Developers could also put a lot more floating time between the events and dedicate more resources into quality control.

I believe the whole Dungeon Boss experience would benefit from simply acknowledging that there is a large senior population and the game hasn't grown with it in regards to the original content and game-play. Please generate a slew of new heroes, at least 3 per element, in line with the original balancing of the game. We don't NEED amazing new, unique super Heroes, we just need more options and variety. We'll figure out how to use them and we'll have fun experimenting.

Bryan79
    Potato Society
  • This game has been failing since September, btw where the **** did stamina packs go... another thing missing since Sept.
  • Dragon wrote: »

The [email protected] event ( which should not be a guild event) will tell, if I'll stay or leave.

do you not remember Winter Fest last year? - "He're a cool event, the likes you've never seen, now please buy these keys with real money or you'll have a hell of a time doing anything"
    www.youtube.com/DarthCraig
    www.twitter.com/Darth_Craig

Are all plugs shameless?
  • Its not just the Stamina pack.

The Ella's honor back seems to have been replaced with Rogar's Craptastic Poo Platter.
    4.99 for 10 Raids, 230 Gems.
    9.99 - 30 Raids, 500 Gems.
    29.99 - 100 Raids, 2500 Gems.

For that money you can get (no VIP)
    4.99 - 600 Gems. you can buy 12 Raid tickets for about 100 Gems (I think its 20, 40, 40) thus 12 raid tickets and 500 gems. WAY better deal.
    9.99 - 1400 Gems. gets even worse, you can buy around 32 Raids for 460 Gems, thus leaving you with 940 Gems. Almost twice the gems.
    19.99 & the 9.99 above- 4600 Gems, so you can buy 100 raids for 1840 of those and still have 2740 Gems left. (the closest Match I can find)

with VIP bonuses it gets crazier.

• Beeks here..GM of Helix (Top 50 Guild and part of The Knights King Guild Family)

Most of us share the concerns of other guilds..though we are not at this moment considering a boycott

What BF ultimately need to do is make this game playable again..across all levels..starting with sorting out the algorithm of PVP..some of the results I personally got were ridiculous considering the difference in roster powers..and the nerfing is getting a joke

Thankfully I’m not a huge cash player..think I’m VIP 5 without checking..so can completely understand players who have thrown in hundreds of dollars/pounds of real cash being vexed

I just want this game to be fun again..rather than a grind purely motivated to take your money

This game must make a lot of dough for the developers..it’s time they start rewarding loyalty and giving back
    Guildmaster for Helix (Part Of The Knights King Family)
  • I could not agree more with what have been written before.
    The silence of the devs is very bad and it demonstrate that they are really losing the way to communicate and manage this game.
    Come back and learn again the art of listening your real bosses, than we are...because if we should stop playing DB won't exist anymore.
  • @joel : You were complaining that nobody sent you any questions or issues to address to replace the guild leader summit. You might want to reply to this thread to acknowledge that you are still listening to our concerns.
  • ckall056 wrote: »
    Dragon wrote: »

The [email protected] event ( which should not be a guild event) will tell, if I'll stay or leave.

do you not remember Winter Fest last year? - "He're a cool event, the likes you've never seen, now please buy these keys with real money or you'll have a hell of a time doing anything"

I remember it.
    I even remember XP potions looking like green beer ;)

But I also remember last Halloween event, which was no guild event.

This was my favourite game for a long time.

I am really missing the game it was before runes. I loved the strategy, which is now who has the best runes, lol.
  • BF’s response to this thread makes me happy. It indicates that thier experts think the state of the game is great.
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    BF’s response to this thread makes me happy. It indicates that thier experts think the state of the game is great.

Well to be honest (and I know you were just being sarcastic, as you always are..) I don't think there is any point in the devs replying to this post and encourage more commentary. What's words without action.

As they have said, they are listening to the feedback, hopefully taken it on board and the proof will be in the pudding.
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • I'll be the voice of (semi-)dissent. There have been a lot of positive changes to the game in the past 8 months as well.

Not that there aren't issues, but I don't feel like our input has been completely ignored. It's just that the amount of development personnel must not match up for our passion of this game.

• is it wrong i like the game
  • Very good points made here. It is too bad that this all seems to fall on deaf ears. Also not sure why anyone is asking about EEJ he has surely left the building and likely not around anymore.

If things don't change fast and for the better the christmas event will be the last for many many long term players I'm afraid but maybe thats what they wanted all along, dump the top players with hoards of mats saved up and reset with a much greedier mindset.
  • Drew21 wrote: »
    Very good points made here. It is too bad that this all seems to fall on deaf ears. Also not sure why anyone is asking about EEJ he has surely left the building and likely not around anymore.

If things don't change fast and for the better the christmas event will be the last for many many long term players I'm afraid but maybe thats what they wanted all along, dump the top players with hoards of mats saved up and reset with a much greedier mindset.

Eej "the guildmaster of DB if db were a guild " hasn't been around in a few months. Sunny skies ahead folks!
  • Maybe someone can contact customer service and they can promote Joel to GM.
  • PardonPardon Member
    edited November 2017
    I propose to keep this post in the first page until somebody from BF will answer. I will write here everyday!
    Big Fish, Is it possible that not only you are not able to understand the mistakes that you are making, but also you cannot understand how embarrassing is you silence @Joel ???
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    I had posted in other threads, but didn't post here to avoid redundancy. I apologize if it came off as me ignoring the thread. Rest assured that we are reading every comment of every thread. We understand that many players are frustrated and are working hard to meet the high standards that you expect of us and that we expect of ourselves.

To clarify something that was mentioned in the last summit a while back, but apparently hasn't made the full rounds: Eej is still with Boss Fight, but has been given more organizational duties which resulted in him stepping back from the forum.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • @Joel Thank you for having read us and for your comments but honestly it looks like a "diplomatic" answer that has no concrete meaning.
    The first point that you should consider is to make statistics about revenues and give us back the previous daily gems system or something very similar that players who wants to contribute like a "premium" players can buy it. The actual system is a different story and all of us look an expression of blinded greed and stop buying it. Me and all the people I know and I talked about it stopped buying it and if you should give us back the previous one or something very similar will start to buy it again.
    This game needs revenues of course, but putting in the shop expensive and incoherent things to buy is not the right way to improve them.
    About the game just give us more time between and event and the next one and try to put something new in them.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    edited November 2017
    Joel wrote: »
    We understand that many players are frustrated and are working hard to meet the high standards that you expect of us

I wouldn't exactly call these high standards. Many other game companies (that are also small) do this quite well. Posting change logs, keeping constant contact with their playerbase, making sure the game is going in the direction the players want, and not what will just make them the most money (In many cases, these are one in the same). I'm sad to say these forums are some of the most negative and saddening of all the forums I've been on for my other favorite games. I do not blame anyone here, including devs, of anything. Of course, there has to be a forum that is the best and the worst, that I've seen. And there are close seconds to this one. That said, I think some of these issues are, or should be, easy to fix. And a lot of us, including myself, are confused as to why some of these seemingly simple changes aren't being made. If they aren't simple, you could also just tell us and we would understand. Silence is never a good option, because for the optimistic it creates worry, and for the pessimistic it verifies their concerns.
  • I may be in the minority here but I’ve been enjoying the game more lately. I actually like the pvp gg and the Halloween event. I love the tweaking of characters and the changes and I’m so glad you put the stamina pack in today. Only complaint I have is the rewards for the guild games. I think for the amount of grinding and spending you do the rewards should be more. I did great in the pvp gg but I was going for points and those quests were difficult to complete while still trying to win pvp matches. So ended up really only getting a skin a rune and tokens and very few event tickets. Other then that I personally think the game is great. Oh I almost forgot the only other thing that I don’t like is the materials. Please give us a double material day or something..I’m always lacking the same embers and crystals that does get a little annoying but I do like the other changes you guys have made. This is only my opinion and I know others peoples opinions are different and I respect others opinions. Keep up the good work and I’m looking forward to new character tweaks and gg..just please give out more rewards for gg...maybe also throw in a material pack with the gg rewards